Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Well,it's more of a sticking to comic canon thing for me. I mean,it's not a huge deal,it's just that she was a ginger in the comics,just like Lois. Maybe it's not the same thing,but when Doctor Strange came out,people lost their s**t. The Ancient one was supposed to be an Asian guy,not an older white lady. It wasn't just about Asians playing Asians. People were mad about comic canon being messed with. It's a tricky thing and some people are hardcore.

I can't stand Iris on the show,but I'm sure she's been written much better in the movie. It has a completely different backstory and race aside,she's probably just the same. Everyone has their own opinion,but I've never felt like tv Iris was written the way she originally was. She's just always been lacking.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

For me generally don't care think it goes back to reboot BSG making Starbuck a woman was one of the best decisions

Some physical things are a big red flag but rarely happens plus this is the first I've heard that Iris is a ginger cause only know of CW's
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Well see,she's in a ginger in the comics. If you've only seen the show it's not a big deal,but if you grew up reading the Flash and you're really into it,it matters more. It's sort of like the difference between people who read Harry Potter and Game of Thrones books versus tv and movie fans. The fans of the source material have an emotional and sentimental attachment to things, whereas people who only know the screen version are a.)ignorant on a lot of facts and b.) Not as into it.

A fan of the show cannot possibly be more attached to The Flash than someone who's been reading it since they were 5,went to Comic-Con dressed as The Flash, has memorabilia and got excited the minute it was announced.

All those crappy miscast FF4 movies weren't made by Marvel,which is why it blatantly ignored the source material,it didn't stay faithful and just did as they pleased. If they had Iris on Smallville,she'd be a ginger. Barry's grandson was on Smallville and sure enough,he was a speedy ginger kid.

It's like how everyone imagined that Rose Weasley was a ginger before they announced that there was a black Hermione and Hermione was always supposedly black. Rose would have been a ginger because everyone in her family was.

The TV show and the JLA movie are completely different. The movie is supposed to be comic heavy. If it wasn't,they wouldn't have chosen Cyborg as the 4th JLA member. No one knows who Cyborg is unless they've seen Teen Titans or read the series.

If they wanted to reel in tv fans,they would have just chosen the Green Arrow,but picked the traditional blonde,like in the comics. GA is blonde on Smallville,they just have GA with dark hair on Arrow.

They picked a character only serious fans would have even heard of,which is why this Iris thing surprised me. They picked a Wonder Woman who looks like the one in the comics and while Amy Adams isn't my favorite Lois,she still fits the look perfectly. I like Lois on Smallville best and for Silver screen, Margot Kidder.

I'm sure they probably kept to the comics as far as the writing goes,though. DCEU has a much bigger responsibility and droves of angry fanboys will kill them if they don't go by the comics.

Iris isn't Lois,but she's supposed to be somewhat similar. TV Iris is nothing like Lois Lane,but that's b/c on the CW,they have their own little mini-verse.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

The same people who you're talking about are the ones who complained about Gal being Wonder Woman from the moment she was cast until the movie came out because her boobs weren't big enough to match with Wonder Woman's.

Iris being black doesn't fundamentally change the character, and just like Gal (and possibly Perry White since people complained about him being changed to black in the movie), people will find Kiersey a good fit when the movie comes out or will simply get used to it since a lot of people do when they finally see characters on the big screen since Iris herself isn't gonna be changed, just her race.

cliffies • kcch
canthaveyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Did they? That's a really, really minor thing. As long as she fills out the costume,it's enough.

I hope they do the character justice. I severely dislike how she's written on the show and it doesn't match the comics.

I completely forgot that they made Perry black. I didn't even think about the supporting cast,just the main ones. I can see why people would get mad,but each Perry White has looked different. There's no set look for him like there is with Lex Luthor,although the Luthors do all look different. They kept changing Cat Grant,too.

Like I said-I don't care as much as the hardcore fanboys/girls do,I'm just surprised.

I'm confused by that snippet of Barry in a 7-11. He looks so different and a bit shiesty in it.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I knew Iris was a red head in the comics, but it still is not a big deal to me. My problems with Iris in the CWTV show is that they have taken away her reporter stuff, less about the way she looks or acts. For me, Iris is a very similar character to Lois Lane; she seeks the truth and is brave. Neither of those require a certain look.

Kiersey will definitely bring a more youthful flair to Iris, especially since they have chosen to make Barry a college student? So I doubt we are going to
be able to compare this version of Iris to Lois, or even to Iris in the CWTV.

I do however always trust Zack's casting. He has been spot on from the start imo. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten Gal as Diana, so I'm trusting him in casting Kiersey as well.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Iris West skin color doesn't matter at all. If anything, we can complain about the writers not showing her journalism skills. If anything, the Flash writers need to watch Smallville and see how the writers balanced Lois relationship with Clark while she was a kicka$$ reporter.

I don't understand how ANYONE could judge this DCEU version of Iris without even seeing her on screen yet. Because sadly that'd be like judging her by race since she hasn't even been seen on screen yet.

Some people complained about Amy Adams being a ginger because it's not how they were use to seeing Lois Lane??? I don't care.

People was upset with Henry Cavii casting because he wasn't American. Umm... when the heck was Clark ever American? He's kryptonian.

I have to be quite honest, it's a shame we are even talking about Iris LOOK in the DCEU movie when we haven't even seen her yet.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still do wonder if Kiersey is going to be in JL at all?

I really hope they at least have DCEU!Iris on the college newspaper or something. The journalist skills are so important to me!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

He's a student? I thought they kept the original story about him being a CSI. I'm ngl,though. Amy Adams isn't my favorite Lois and I didn't see her as Lois Lane when the movie came out. I was concerned about Henry's American accent,but he did well.

I'm positive that this Iris will be better. The CW has a formula and a movie doesn't have to follow a set type of character and storyline. If Lois is a reporter,they'll probably keep Iris as a reporter,too. She isn't one on the show because the show revolves around Barry completely at this point. Her reporting stuff may not seem as exciting,but it's part of her character.

I'm biased,though. Tom Welling is Superman to me,so anyone else automatically comes in 2nd to him. Same with Lois-Erica's Lois is everything. The worst Superman was Brandon Routh. It wasn't his acting,it was the crappy writing for that movie. Lois sucked in it and they only did a decent job with Lex Luthor and Kitty. It still wasn't so great,though.

I don't automatically trust Zack's judgment because Jesse Eisenberg isn't who I would have picked for Lex at all. I didn't like how Katana was portrayed in SS,either.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow so much activity in here
Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm pumped to see them play side by side
Old 11-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm curious cause the show finally got me to the point of "appreciation" cause first 3 seasons was neutral but now beginning [first 3 episodes] was liking them

So will be interesting to see them within DCEU
Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Has anyone seen the movie yet?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes, and sadly nothing with them in the movie.
I heard their scene got deleted....
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

It did get deleted, unfortunately.

cliffies • kcch
canthaveyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top