Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I heard CW and HBO are thinking about probably picking it up, nothing official yet though. It would be great if hbo picked it up, if cw does it will anyways become cheaper.

That article cites reasons for the cancellation that are not accurate, which calls into question its unsourced claim that there are other places interested in the show.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 06-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-07-2019, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
The Swamp Thing TV Show Has Been Canceled

A paperwork error. That might be the most disappointing reason I've ever heard for a show being cancelled.
Listen, politicians are not mathematicians. Just like how all those medical studies I read online, the writers are not English majors either (omg, the typos I find are astounding!).

Hopefully, another studio picks up the show. That seems to be a common thing nowadays.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
That article cites reasons for the cancellation that are not accurate, which calls into question its unsourced claim that there are other places interested in the show.
Well can't know for sure, there is the mistakes the state of carolina made, but even before it has been stated by various sources that the fact the season was shortened was due to creative reasons, so I wonder how accurate that "mistake" by the carolina government actually is or if this is just a cover up for the messy situation among warner executives. WEll it's possible it was coincidence that the tax mistake happened as well, but i definitely believe that creative differences were a reason too for the cancelation of the show. I generally don't trust the news, so who knows what really happened and wether someone will pick it up or not.

Last edited by Arrakis; 06-07-2019 at 08:22 AM
Old 06-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

"Creative differences" wouldn't be that unusual for a project. Though, they tend to even cover up what was actually happening.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Listen, politicians are not mathematicians. Just like how all those medical studies I read online, the writers are not English majors either (omg, the typos I find are astounding!).
Doesn't make it any less depressing to know that so many people can pour all their time and effort into crafting something beautiful, yet by no fault of their own it can all come crashing down simply because a bureaucrat multiple levels above them misheard a number. People make mistakes, but this one cost a bunch of people their jobs. I'm sure the North Carolina House of Representatives aren't happy about this either.

Not much better if, similar to Defenders on Netflix, it was because of corporate politics between greedy businessmen jumping on the streaming bandwagon. WarnerMedia is looking to launch their own streaming service. DC Universe and HBO Go are probably going to get folded into that somehow.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Absolute Fan

None of the rumors that are out there about tax credit errors or "creative differences" being responsible for the show's cancellation are accurate.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Well we can‘t know how accurate they actually are. I hope there will be a more definitive explanation though
Old 06-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Well we can‘t know how accurate they actually are.
We can.

https://screenrant.com/swamp-thing-c...orth-carolina/
Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Then I'd say creative difference as stated in the article I posted, may very well be the reason for it's cancellation if it wasn't over that alleged tax mistake.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Absolute Fan

^ The article I posted specifically refers, in passing, to reports about "creative differences" being as inaccurate as the reports about North Carolina's role in funding the series being part of the reason for the cancellation.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
^ The article I posted specifically refers, in passing, to reports about "creative differences" being as inaccurate as the reports about North Carolina's role in funding the series being part of the reason for the cancellation.
How would they know it, that it's innaccurate? Edit, they actually just said there was never an official statement but didn't say those crreative difference rumours were false, they just said the tax error rumours were surely false. Bc I very much believe that the creative differences are the reason for cancellation, espcially bc already when the season got shortened creative differences was the reason according to most rumours. So to me it makes sense that this is what brought the show down.

Last edited by Arrakis; 06-08-2019 at 08:23 AM
Old 06-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Total Fan

It's frustrating not knowing what's going on. And seeing quality shows get axed while so much trash stays on the air.

The second episode was pretty good.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From James Wan Executive Producer
Quote:
creepypuppet
Don’t really know or understand why #Swampthing was cancelled, but I can tell you this — all the cast and crew, and producing/writing team poured their hearts into this. Really proud of everyone’s hard work. Go watch episode 2, and immortalize these 10 episodes. Swampy deserves it.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
It's frustrating not knowing what's going on. And seeing quality shows get axed while so much trash stays on the air.

The second episode was pretty good.
I hope someone will pick it up.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread