Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 04:10 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I wasn't even expecting another Superman film to be made anytime soon at least, but wish Henry Cavill well. Since I'm not a fan of Superman, I don't have much care in who plays him next. What about you?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

I was shocked to see the news, but with Henry's Instagram post, I'm not sure what to think? It would be a big move, but not a great one if they're keeping everything the same universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I wasn't even expecting another Superman film to be made anytime soon at least, but wish Henry Cavill well. Since I'm not a fan of Superman, I don't have much care in who plays him next. What about you?
Same here when it comes to the film, I felt it was years down the line. And I like Henry as Superman, but I'm mostly confused about the whole thing, especially by Henry's Instagram post amidst the news.

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

If he leaves I am for it and applaud it cause they don't care about him or respect him. They keep sidelining him and never giving him a sequel (and I said for years a MOS 2 wouldn't happen) but want to announce a million sequels and movies to things that aren't even needed. Then again, most of the movies they announce never happen. He was supposed to get a sequel back then but sidelined him for BvS and been doing it since. MOS is the movie that NEEDS a sequel but their wasting time with Joker films, SS 2, etc. Just DUMB, so I think HC needs to run like hell from this doomed lack of a universe.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

is HC trolling us in that instagram video?!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 09-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Cliffnotes from that:
Quote:
There's no real discussion over the main role because there's no active 'Superman' project

Cavill has felt he was underpaid for the role and that's an issue, as is what some say was an underwhelming performance.

Cavill turned down a cameo in "Shazam!" over money

If and when the next 'Superman' project is greenlit, Cavill along with others would be in play.

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

this is sad

i dont know with the DC side how they do the contracts and movies like MCU the stars sign up for a certain amount of movies so us fans can gather when they will be leaving . I didnt see this coming for DC and than the rumours with Ben for Batman it is sad they are the two leads .. what is going to happen now
Old 09-14-2018, 04:32 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well Forbes already has a story of the DC Films Universe being dead. I am looking forward to seeing ''Aquaman'' & ''Shazam!'' though. Here is a list of people that in theory could play the role of ''Poison Ivy'' in Harley Quinn's upcoming film. https://www.therichest.com/movies/30...y-quinn-movie/

Some of those names I don't quite understand why they would get this role unless people just want someone that doesn't resemble Lillian at all. Such as Shay Mitchell, Meghan Fox, & Priyanka Chopra. Lillian is by the way is Ivy's original middle name & she goes by it in comics. My pick would be either Bryce Dallas Howard, Madeline Petsch, or Rachel Nichols for this role.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ I'm not too sure who I would want. I've had a hard time thinking of someone to fan cast for the part. I feel like Pamela needs to have someone really nail her characterization. I like Deborah Ann Woll from the list, but she's permanently in Marvel right now it seems like. I also like Peyton List (I think I saw her fan casted once) for this part. I'd like to see Priyanka join the DC universe, but I can't see her as Poison Ivy.

And I'm glad you're excited for Shazam and Aquaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
this is sad

i dont know with the DC side how they do the contracts and movies like MCU the stars sign up for a certain amount of movies so us fans can gather when they will be leaving . I didnt see this coming for DC and than the rumours with Ben for Batman it is sad they are the two leads .. what is going to happen now
Nothing is confirmed, and Ben is producing the next Batman film, so I wouldn't be too sad yet. It's all speculation (with a lot of possible false rumors) right now, so we'll see over time, I guess.

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

HC's agent/publicist says the cape is still in his closet, Batfleck is still attached to Batman in several forms, and there is still good publicity and anticipation surrounding Aquaman. if they released a JL Extended Version, same as the BvS Extended Cut, around the time of the AM release, there could be some good positivity going into future projects. the DCEU is not dead, it just needs some good leadership and direction, and for Warner Bros to stop interfering in every decision. ugh.

Disney rarely interferes with Marvel Studios MCU, the GOTG James Gunn mess being that rare exception, that's why those films continue to have such strong leadership and goodwill, they let Kevin Feige do his job. the DCEU needs a helmer like him, someone who wants to deliver long-term quality to the fans!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 09-16-2018, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

WB has a long history of interfering with DC movies, and after reading the reports. To me, it sounds like they're benching Superman for Supergirl.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthaveyou (View Post)
^ I'm not too sure who I would want. I've had a hard time thinking of someone to fan cast for the part. I feel like Pamela needs to have someone really nail her characterization. I like Deborah Ann Woll from the list, but she's permanently in Marvel right now it seems like. I also like Peyton List (I think I saw her fan casted once) for this part. I'd like to see Priyanka join the DC universe, but I can't see her as Poison Ivy.

And I'm glad you're excited for Shazam and Aquaman.

Nothing is confirmed, and Ben is producing the next Batman film, so I wouldn't be too sad yet. It's all speculation (with a lot of possible false rumors) right now, so we'll see over time, I guess.
Ok so Ben still in ? That's cool . I mean we do have a few good movies comic out for DC I am excited for shaman, wonder woman , aquaman , ss2 and the bird of prey barley Quinn movie.

Yeah DC has a lot of good storyline that we want to see .
Old 09-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Potential Plot Details & Development Status For Warner Bros’ ‘Supergirl’ Film. (EXCLUSIVE)

https://discussingfilm.wordpress.com...ilm-exclusive/
Quote:
Despite what people think, unlike Jared Leto’s ‘Joker’ film, the ‘Supergirl’ film is not a PR stunt, despite the announcement of the screenwriter happening on August 6th, the movie has been in developments for many months before and was in the works as early as February this year. With that being said, we do have some exclusive plot details on what the basic story consisted of, at least what the story was earlier in the development process.
It is unknown whether the story has changed since then or if it will change depending on how the situation with Henry Cavill goes (whether he leaves or stays) but despite this, this is what I’ve heard regarding the film so far:
The film will follow a teenage Kara in high school (similar to ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming), some of the first half of the film will take place on Krypton with the Earth portion of the film set to take place in the 70s, Brainiac is also rumoured to be the villain.
As for the status of the director, Warner Bros is currently on the hunt for a female director for the film with Reed Morano on their wish list, as previously reported by GWW, however no offer or contact to her has yet to be made but in her interview with Observer, she expressed interest in directing the film as well as the fancasting of Elle Faning as Supergirl.
Although there is no official word on when the film will begin production, the script has been in the works for months and the director hunt is on so it’s very possible that the film could receive a late 2019/early 2020 start depending on if development for the film keeps going smoothly.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

^ I don't know how I feel about a Supergirl in high school plot, but since it's in development, I'm guessing we'll get more news in the next year about the script and a director.

Thanks, Lyndell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
HC's agent/publicist says the cape is still in his closet, Batfleck is still attached to Batman in several forms, and there is still good publicity and anticipation surrounding Aquaman. if they released a JL Extended Version, same as the BvS Extended Cut, around the time of the AM release, there could be some good positivity going into future projects. the DCEU is not dead, it just needs some good leadership and direction, and for Warner Bros to stop interfering in every decision. ugh.

Disney rarely interferes with Marvel Studios MCU, the GOTG James Gunn mess being that rare exception, that's why those films continue to have such strong leadership and goodwill, they let Kevin Feige do his job. the DCEU needs a helmer like him, someone who wants to deliver long-term quality to the fans!
That would be a good plan! So far the press has presented a lot of negative rumors, even if they don't have much basis, and releasing extended cuts and showing viewers that they listen to what they're saying would be a great way to win back those upset that the extended version of JL was not released (which includes all those deleted scenes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
WB has a long history of interfering with DC movies, and after reading the reports. To me, it sounds like they're benching Superman for Supergirl.
I'm hoping that's not the case. But we really won't know anything definitively for a few years, unfortunately.

Quote:
Ok so Ben still in ? That's cool . I mean we do have a few good movies comic out for DC I am excited for shaman, wonder woman , aquaman , ss2 and the bird of prey barley Quinn movie.

Yeah DC has a lot of good storyline that we want to see .
He's still connected as far as we know. I'm glad you're excited for their upcoming movies! Especially since Aquaman, WW2, and Shazam are coming soon. I hope you enjoy them.

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

yes i am excited especially for shazam looks like a really good funny movie
Old 09-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yes i am excited especially for shazam looks like a really good funny movie
I'm glad you're excited! I hope you end up liking the movie when it comes out!

cliffies • kcch
Closed Thread   Post New Thread