Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wonder why he didn't say anything before. I don't get what's going on with Joss but I usually just remember him for giving me the gems that are Buffy the Vampire Slayer (One of the best TV shows ever) and the first two Avengers films. As for Justice League, he had to finish up the film after ZS left so I always thought it was wrong for people to bash and drag him for that but that's just me. I personally still think it's funny people are so obsessed with this Snyder cut (Which wasn't even a complete movie to begin with) but I remember people were bashing him and saying he was a horrible director for how he directed Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman, along with them being too dark (I like MOS, but hated BvS) and now people will love him again when this movie is released. I find that so fake, and a part of me feels this new info about how Joss apparently treated them on the set of JL is just another part of that.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 07-01-2020 at 06:05 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I must say I found the later russo brothers directed avangers movies better than the joss whedon directed ones.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, Infinity War and Endgame are better than The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron but nothing will ever replace seeing The Avengers for the first time, and seeing them all together. It was epic, I still love The Avengers.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I wonder why he didn't say anything before. I don't get what's going on with Joss but I usually just remember him for giving me the gems that are Buffy the Vampire Slayer (One of the best TV shows ever) and the first two Avengers films. As for Justice League, he had to finish up the film after ZS left so I always thought it was wrong for people to bash and drag him for that but that's just me. I personally still think it's funny people are so obsessed with this Snyder cut (Which wasn't even a complete movie to begin with) but I remember people were bashing him and saying he was a horrible director for how he directed Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman, along with them being too dark (I like MOS, but hated BvS) and now people will love him again when this movie is released. I find that so fake, and a part of me feels this new info about how Joss apparently treated them on the set of JL is just another part of that.

Just like Charisma Charpenter didn't say anything until after Angel ended.. so I sort of had a bad view of Joss Whedon since that... Charisma got pregnant so he decided the best approach was to ruin her character and made her feel pretty much bad for getting pregnant. However, I feel because Joss is so popular, no one ever holds him to any standards...

Also when it comes to the Justice League movie, it turns out according to some reports that what was reported was a lie... that only 20% of Zack's footage actually made it and JW actually did way more than what was reported. And it actually would add up... because remember the first time it was reported that Zack stepped away from the project after his daughter's death... that's what WB said but the way Zack acts, it seems like he was fired.

So I think it's the way everything happened and how terrible JW movie was that people are upset with it.

Oh I found one that actually went lower than 20%... they went 10%.

Quote:
In an interview over the summer, Wagner said he cried all the way through watching Whedon’s drastically different version of the film than Snyder’s. The cinematographer said at the time that watching Whedon’s “Justice League” was so hard he couldn’t figure out how much of the original film was changed in reshoots. “A lot was changed,” he said. “It looked very different.” Now Wagner reasons that Whedon and Warner Bros. threw out 90 percent of what he shot with Snyder. Wagner was not involved in any of the “Justice League” reshoots.
Source

For Ray Fisher to say this now is way more risky because he's not even a well established popular actor so man I hope this won't backfire on him even if I am happy for him speaking his truth against a person in Joss who is so protected even when stuff comes out against him...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yeah I'm, sure whedon did a lot more than what was reported and they also lied about the existence of many not finished but filmed scenes by zack when they said they don't exist. Yet they do exist and we'll see them next year.

Quote:
Yeah, Infinity War and Endgame are better than The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron but nothing will ever replace seeing The Avengers for the first time, and seeing them all together. It was epic, I still love The Avengers.
Yes that moment in the film was definitely epic.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Just like Charisma Charpenter didn't say anything until after Angel ended.. so I sort of had a bad view of Joss Whedon since that... Charisma got pregnant so he decided the best approach was to ruin her character and made her feel pretty much bad for getting pregnant. However, I feel because Joss is so popular, no one ever holds him to any standards...

Also when it comes to the Justice League movie, it turns out according to some reports that what was reported was a lie... that only 20% of Zack's footage actually made it and JW actually did way more than what was reported. And it actually would add up... because remember the first time it was reported that Zack stepped away from the project after his daughter's death... that's what WB said but the way Zack acts, it seems like he was fired.

So I think it's the way everything happened and how terrible JW movie was that people are upset with it.

Oh I found one that actually went lower than 20%... they went 10%.

For Ray Fisher to say this now is way more risky because he's not even a well established popular actor so man I hope this won't backfire on him even if I am happy for him speaking his truth against a person in Joss who is so protected even when stuff comes out against him...
Oh yeah, I forgot you brought that up about Charisma on the Buffy board before. I've only heard a few things about Joss here and there, didn't know how true they were. Yeah, I always heard that after his daughter's suicide, he left the project and barely filmed any scenes so they called in Joss to help finish the movie. I'm not surprised they lied, there are some shady companies out there (Sounds familiar to the situation with Fox changing the entire Fantastic 4 movie behind Trank's back with a bunch of reshoots, basically ruining the movie HE made) I never was excited about the possibility of this version being released since at that time most of the DCU movies were a mess and still trying to figure themselves out. Plus they kept saying it wasn't the whole movie but if the movie ends up being good, I'm glad it can redeem ZS.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

we are getting the SnyderCut!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I hope it will live up to the expectations. Bc after all the demands the expectations are pretty high I think.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

They can't fix everything that was wrong with the movie
Old 07-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

No they can't but it will probably still be an improvement.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
They can't fix everything that was wrong with the movie

they can never fully fix it if they (Warner Broskis) keep ignoring the BIG BAD, Darkseid. he doesn't like to be ignored.

nobody puts D in a corner. nobody.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot you brought that up about Charisma on the Buffy board before. I've only heard a few things about Joss here and there, didn't know how true they were. Yeah, I always heard that after his daughter's suicide, he left the project and barely filmed any scenes so they called in Joss to help finish the movie. I'm not surprised they lied, there are some shady companies out there (Sounds familiar to the situation with Fox changing the entire Fantastic 4 movie behind Trank's back with a bunch of reshoots, basically ruining the movie HE made) I never was excited about the possibility of this version being released since at that time most of the DCU movies were a mess and still trying to figure themselves out. Plus they kept saying it wasn't the whole movie but if the movie ends up being good, I'm glad it can redeem ZS.
Oh no it was 100% true, she confirmed it. And when you hear what happens with her.... I don't see how you cannot at least give him the sideeye a bit...

I'll pm you what happened.

I think it was announced that they might spend an additional 20 million dollars for reshoots and some stuff getting refilmed. So the film will be completed before it comes out.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

What happened to her? Can you tell me as well?
Old 07-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero