Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news, pictures, and videos, everyone!

I've been hearing rave reviews about this movie. I didn't expect such an award buzz, but I'm really interested to see the movie because of it.

cliffies • kcch
canthaveyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

"I'll always love you Diana no matter where I am"
Steve and Diana - WW84
lyndell75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

There has been so much news about this movie. It has already won awards and is becoming critically acclaimed. I really want to know what all the fuss is about, but I won't find out until it comes out.

Thanks, Lyndell!

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I never knew heath ledger got an oscar for the role.
Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely here to hear how the soundtrack is going to be. It better be good.

Thanks for the posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I never knew heath ledger got an oscar for the role.
Yeah, he got it after he passed away. Michelle Williams accepted the award of his behalf and said she was going to give it to their daughter when she got older.

cliffies • kcch
Old 09-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

I remember that speech. It was very moving.

Is Joker a 'Dangerous' Movie? Joaquin Phoenix and Director Todd Phillips Respond to Critics

Aurora Shooting Victims Voice Fears Over 'Joker' in Letter to Warner Bros.

Last edited by obisgirl; 09-24-2019 at 09:10 AM
Old 09-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

#paris premiere

Steve and Diana - WW84
Old 09-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

^

Steve and Diana - WW84
Old 09-25-2019, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I'm insensitive but Todd is right. I feel like this is only being linked because of what happened in Aurora, Colorado 7 years ago during the showing of The Dark Knight Rises and the killer referring to himself as "The Joker."

I watch violent movies all the time. People who are dark and demented in their head and have gone without any treatment due to our ****ty healthcare system and because no one thought to get the person help to begin with will do things like this. Not the everyday person.

Last edited by The Survivor; 09-26-2019 at 12:03 PM
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
I don't think insensitive but Todd is right. I feel like this is only being linked because of what happened in Aurora, Colorado 7 years ago during the showing of The Dark Knight Rises and the killer referring to himself as "The Joker."

I watch violent movies all the time. People who are dark and demented in their head and have gone without any treatment due to our ****ty healthcare system and because no one thought to get the person help to begin with will do thinks like this. Not the everyday person.
I agree. There is another way to view this film, for those who watch it, that hopefully it will open up the conversation about people with mental illness getting the help that they need so they don't become serial killers before it's too late. I am honestly shocked that hasn't been talked about.

Warner Bros. says "Joker" is not an endorsement of violence

Todd Phillips Calls Out ‘Joker’ Violence Being Held to Different Standard Than ‘John Wick’

The purpose of the movies is to entertain. If Warner Brothers' wants to take a stand against gun violence, sure, I am all for it. Quite frankly, I hate that the second amendment exists. There are way too many mass shootings nowadays. But gun violence isn't as simple as getting rid of the second amendment. Mental health and proper treatment are a part of the conversation as well. Hopefully, a takeaway from this film is that becomes a part of the conversation.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I also think america has a generally too gun loving culture. THis movie won't make any difference. But take finland for example they have similar loose gun laws as the US where yo ucan get guns in the supermarket, but there was only one mass shooting in the last 15 years or so. Access to guns makes it easier for people to kill others, but a society needs to become overall less militaristic and gun loving in oder to change. In america guns are literally worshipped like some holy statues and the military is seen as an army of heroes doing goods work, in finlad neither nor as far as I know. Or in swiss. They are just seen as measure of self defense same as the military, nothing more.
Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I agree, one film like this won't make a difference. At this point though, I'm not sure anything will ever change.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top