Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
yeah I know Scarecrow from the Batman Begins movie.

So I didn't start it today, and I'm off to work soon. Will start this tomorrow! It's on Netflix right?
Yes Gotham is on Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Scarecrow he's not on my faves villain list but Colin [right?] as him in Batman Begins was remarkable
Well the actor that plays Scarecrow in this show is Charlie Tahan.
I loved Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow.. he was fantastic.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 10-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cillian that's the name - had the C right he was so beyond fantastic
Old 10-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Would like to be added to list. This is my favorite comic show overall on TV.

Bruce and Selina are my favorites but I also like Alfred, Penguin, Jim, Bullock, Ed and I really like the new Ivy. I go back and forth with everyone else.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's astonishing that Bruce is now taller than Penguin. lol How quick have times changed.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Would like to be added to list. This is my favorite comic show overall on TV.

Bruce and Selina are my favorites but I also like Alfred, Penguin, Jim, Bullock, Ed and I really like the new Ivy. I go back and forth with everyone else.
Added you

I think everyone already knows my favs Lee and Fish. Also like Tabitha, Alfred, Jim.. and Ed. The older version of Ivy is great too
Old 10-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

SELINA Bruce obviously am a bias girl that loves all Batman's

Fish Jada-Smith BAMF and agreed on older version of Ivy - think saw a few episodes of her before falling behind

Alfred I really like this version and the actor is amazing

Barbara

Ben's pretty awesome in the role of Jim Gordon whose a favorite thanks TDK and need to get back to the show where think have my ups|downs with him

Plus isn't this in a completely new alternate universe or is it a comic story, or original version?
Old 10-06-2017, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

I treat Gotham as I did Smallville.
True to the the character and the origins mostly but completely AU.

Bruce was for the most part not doing what he did now in the comics. He waited until a little older to start his vigilantism.

I know people take issue with the show because the villains the big ones anyway are all adults and Bruce is a teen. I don't really a problem with it. Some are adults and some are slightly around Bruce's age. (Crane, Tommy, Selina.)

Last edited by The Survivor; 10-06-2017 at 06:01 AM
Old 10-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's what has me curious about Gotham about Bruce being much younger associated to his vigilantism

My main thing I think is how differently that Gordan is Most part have liked it but we shall see

THINK going to binge the first 2 season as a rewatch and partly to get myself into the mood rewatch first half of 3rd season and catch up
Old 10-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Graphics Team

Gordon is an interesting character.. though definitely different than the other's I've seen.
I honestly don't mind that Bruce is younger than a lot of the villains.

Now I'm not sure if all the comic people have a different view on it, but since I never read comics, I am very interested in this show. And at times I love how things aren't always exactly the same as comics or books.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
Now I'm not sure if all the comic people have a different view on it, but since I never read comics, I am very interested in this show. And at times I love how things aren't always exactly the same as comics or books.
We are like two peas in the same pod I've only ever read one comic but still call myself a non-comic reader. I also don't have any animated film or television knowledge - all my DC or Marvel knowledge comes from Live Action movies generally and working on TV shows but I take things as shown to me without all the comic history|knowledge
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

The one thing I hate about the show is trying to talk about it outside of the circle of people and places you know because of the numerous "it's nothing like the comics" people that attack every aspect of the show and it's fans It's just..exhausting.

The comics have multiple timelines and continuities so why can't a show like Gotham? Limiting a show to a single source material is so narrow minded
Old 10-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I learned a long time ago that their will always be different versions. I'm pretty cool to change if the endgame is the same.
Like for Gotham, Joker and Batman BETTER be enemies.... like little stuff like that matter.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Well I learned a long time ago that their will always be different versions. I'm pretty cool to change if the endgame is the same.
Like for Gotham, Joker and Batman BETTER be enemies.... like little stuff like that matter.
I agree with the last part But I'm a lot more accepting when the writers come out and say that this is a different adaption and they're working in their own universe
Old 10-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
The one thing I hate about the show is trying to talk about it outside of the circle of people and places you know because of the numerous "it's nothing like the comics" people that attack every aspect of the show and it's fans It's just..exhausting.

The comics have multiple timelines and continuities so why can't a show like Gotham? Limiting a show to a single source material is so narrow minded
I've not been exposed to the people who say that, but I'm not surprised that there are. I don't care it's not like the comics, because this show is so brilliantly acted and written. I love the mixture of DC heroes with gritty cop-drama, it's so good!

I wish I could watch the latest episodes of this show.

You're so right that there are many versions of these stories and characters, why limit themselves?
Old 10-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Watched the first 3 episodes will get back to it hopefully Monday - its a rewatch of the first 2 seasons as figured haven't seen since aired and easier to get me into the mood with how I saw first half of S3 where need to catch up - hope to start S4 weekly in November

That's one thing about Gotham - right away its seen as a different adaption, completely different universe - or pretty early shown as completely different - look at Gordan and his darkness|journey plus Bruce as a teenager going Batman or becoming

So that's what I is the absolutely out of regular universe, they are going completely their own way - its not them tryng to keep it regular while changing, not doing both but completely different
Closed Thread   Post New Thread