Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

General DC Comparison [Character or Couple] #1: Place to pick apart each adaptions either its your favorite or least favorite

The goal of this thread is to contain discussion to a single place regarding comparing actors like Bale vs Ben. Its also a place to speak about tone for example of how DCEU's Superman is much darker than any other version. Also the place to discuss opinions of a young Bruce or an old Bruce

This can be for any adaption whether its a main superhero OR a villain. So many different characters have been played by so many different actors which has caused MANY adaptions of our favorites. Whether its character or couples or families or etc
REMAINDER: Please remember different opinions may be shared, people can agree to disagree BUT please do it in a respectful manner. Respect your fellow poster, posters following discussions and respect
Figured to get everything started with a questionarie which should make it easy for each person to start off within the thread and to allow us to start a discussion up People can fee free to do this for each one of the characters that they wish to discuss even if its a list of like 10
Questionnaire:
HTML Code:
Favorite Adaption, and why?:
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?:
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old?

Last edited by crash landing; 10-05-2017 at 10:39 AM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

nice thread
Old 10-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the New thread! THe last question is messing me up a bit so I haven't answered for most of these Q&A's. lol

Superman Movies
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Superman: The Movie, because it's really the movie that made me become a Superman fan.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Superman IV, just a hot mess.
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old?: I prefer the old school way of things.....

Lex Luthor
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Michael Rosenbaum on Smallille as Lex Luthor because he showed the most depth into the character
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: John Shea as Lex Luthor because I just felt no connection to him, don't know if it was the writing or the actor, it just didn't connect with me at all.
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old? I sort of love the old school Lex Luthor like the Gene Hackman or Kevin Spacey, since It's the Lex I'm use to seeing.

Clark Kent
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Dean Cain for sure, he did such an amazing job as Clark Kent. HOWEVER, my favorite Superman is Christopher Reee
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?:..... Clark Kent from Smallville seasons 5-7 and a few episodes from season 8, just an absolute joke to watch.
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old?

Lois Lane
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Tie between Teri Hatcher or Erica Durance, they both just portrayed the character so wonderfully!
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Kate Bosworth... just felt she was sadly miscasted.

Lois & Clark
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Can't choose between any. I feel all of them are special in their own way....
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Probably from the Adventures of Superman since we didn't get to see them as an actual couple that much or Superman Returns... well the beginning of it anyway...

Batman Movies
Favorite Adaption, and why?:.... Uh... I keep forgetting... I think it's a toss up with Batman Begins, Batman Returns, or the one from the 80s.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: ..... I'll get back to this answer.

Joker
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Jack Nicholson because although I disliked his character, his Joker was definitely the most creepist to me which is what I think what was suppose to be accomplished.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?:... Jared Leto... not his fault, I just didn't connect with his Joker......

I'll do more ships/characters later.

Last edited by eternalfate; 10-05-2017 at 05:53 PM
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Superman Movies
Favorite Adaption, and why?: I know it's not a popular opinion, but Superman returns, with Brandon Routh.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Also not a popular opinion, but I actually don't like Henry in the role. His Clark isn't different enough.
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old?: Any

Clark Kent
Favorite Adaption, and why?: Dean Cain, Christopher Reeve, Tyler Hoechlin, Brandon Routh, in that order.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Smallville, rather out of place.
Which Version? Young, Middle-Aged, Old? middle
Old 10-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My answers for sure will be probably over the weekend or I may decide to do this but ignore Tim Burton's cause its first on rewatch dude where I don't remember but I wanted to make one comment here now

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Joker
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?:... Jared Leto... not his fault, I just didn't connect with his Joker......

THANK YOU for saying that its not Leto's fault that he's your least favorite. Not sure if majority of people feel that way or if they actually blame Leto but thank you very much

History for anybody that doesn't know which is probably 99% of people is that I have a bit of a bias for Jared Leto strongly because in High School and even still now-a-days while I sit here with 30 Seconds to Mars playlist playing all afternoon - so am bias because I grewup in High School + listening to Jared's band and his band

So its why I was excited about SS and I felt Jared did a remarkable job with what he was given and felt it would have been hard to really form a connection with his version cause we got to see him but not really enough to really

So got no problems with his version being most least favorite I just hope DCEU keeps him and allows him to have more to be able to trying make the character his own cause I felt he did a remarkable job with what was given
Old 10-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Martha Kent
Favorite Adaption, and why?: I'll give the edge out to Annette O' Toole because she had so many years as the role and we got to really see her be a LOT more than just the farmer's wife who just really does nothing. She got to me the Red Queen, the Senator, and really had some storylines unlike the other versions. Although I love Diane Lane portrayal so much. .... Salome Jens was probably the one who portrayed the funniest Martha.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Probably Eva Marie Saint , since I just didn't connect with her on Superman Returns.

Jonathan Kent
Favorite Adaption, and why?: John Schneider played Jonathan wth so much toughness and strength and I just connected with him!Smallville did a wonderful job at showing Jonathan great parenting skills when it came to Clark. I think it's probably the strongest version of Clark family relationship over any version.
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?: Kevin Costner just does nothing for me as Jonathan. No idea what it was, if it was a miscast, or is it just the script? But I don't feel anything when I see his version of Johnathan on the screen.

Jonathan & Martha
Favorite Adaption, and why?: ... from the LnC show because they really were so light and enjoyable... I love the SV version but yeah probably the LnC version...
Least Favorite Adaption, and why?:.... Superman Returns because we didn't really see them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
THANK YOU for saying that its not Leto's fault that he's your least favorite. Not sure if majority of people feel that way or if they actually blame Leto but thank you very much

History for anybody that doesn't know which is probably 99% of people is that I have a bit of a bias for Jared Leto strongly because in High School and even still now-a-days while I sit here with 30 Seconds to Mars playlist playing all afternoon - so am bias because I grewup in High School + listening to Jared's band and his band

So its why I was excited about SS and I felt Jared did a remarkable job with what he was given and felt it would have been hard to really form a connection with his version cause we got to see him but not really enough to really

So got no problems with his version being most least favorite I just hope DCEU keeps him and allows him to have more to be able to trying make the character his own cause I felt he did a remarkable job with what was given
It's not, I just believe he just wasn't Joker enough for me... I can't explain it. I feel his version of Joker was FAKING being insane but really wasn't. I guess compared to what I am accosm to seeing...

I felt that Lex Luthor was more Jokerish than Joker... which is why it was also weird seeing Jeese as Lex... not his fault, also the writing. lol Although in some comics, Lex is a bit insane but just seeing him with hair, and insane and so sociopath reminded me of Joker...

I know of Jared Leto. City of Angels, is a song I especially love.

I sadly don't know if I can say he blew me away with his performance though. He wasn't the worst to me but I wasn't blown away much.......

Now I was blown away with Jesse as Lex even if I didn't care for his version.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea I didn't like Jesse's regarding from what I remember from BvS so see what I feel when I rewatch

I know that Lex can be but making him Joker-like felt a little much
Old 10-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That was my main Lex complain, too much Joker in him during the movie. lol But I felt Jesse did a good job, so probably he would've been awesome as a version of Joker.
Not sure if he has the laugh or anything.lol
Old 10-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just hope that future of Jesse playing Lex having been in prison etc mellows him out of Joker into a more serious Lex I don't mind a tad amount - look at Gene and Kevin's versions they had lightness but weren't full out psypath|Joker like
Old 10-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well it's not Jesse's fault, it seems to be how he was written.
I feel that Jeese did a great job though........... I just feel he was following the writing.

His Lex sort of reminded me of how Lex Luthor acted in that Smallville episode... remember when it was 2 versions of Lex's? ... he sort of reminds me of the evil Lex from there... with of course hair. lol

He even got his head shaved in the end to become a new Lex I guess. lol

Also, I didn't really see any lightness in Kevin Spacey version.......... or I am remembering wrong. lol He seemed the meanest of all of them. lol
Old 10-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ Well it's not Jesse's fault, it seems to be how he was written.
I feel that Jeese did a great job though........... I just feel he was following the writing.

His Lex sort of reminded me of how Lex Luthor acted in that Smallville episode... remember when it was 2 versions of Lex's? ... he sort of reminds me of the evil Lex from there... with of course hair. lol

He even got his head shaved in the end to become a new Lex I guess. lol

Also, I didn't really see any lightness in Kevin Spacey version.......... or I am remembering wrong. lol He seemed the meanest of all of them. lol
I agree that its not Jesse's fault and ITA that he did remarkable with what he was given So hoping that a better version for the future is written for Jesse

Oh I remember that episode with the 2 Lex's Most centered Lex episodes rank high on my list of favorite episodes LOVED that episode

Either one of us could be remembering wrong BUT I think you may be right on the non-lightness of Kevin Spacey version otherwise I do need a rewatch ... but we can agree on Gene Hackman's version though
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't wait to see some of Sarah's comparison's list.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I can't wait to see some of Sarah's comparison's list.
Next week will feel safer too after rewatching Michael's version of Batman
Old 10-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ What a long wait.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dude we are doing them tonight or tomorrow
Reply   Post New Thread