Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I don't know. The third movie wasn't really great. I felt it would have been the safe thing anyway to end the movies after the third film.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's awesome. Thanks for the news.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome
Old 04-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-16-2019, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I was listening to the soundtrack for the first Superman movie and I remembered that scene towards the end where Lois died from suffocation. Superman couldn’t get to her in time and then he made the knee-jerk decision to fly around the earth and thus rewind time.

It got me thinking about the whole final destination theory. I don’t know if this has ever been discussed before but stay with me.

What if after Superman flew around the Earth, reversing time, the Universe looked at it and went, okay, Superman, yes, we know you are all powerful but you did a big ‘no, no’ in reversing time to save your love. There has to be consequences for messing with time. So every time after this, it becomes a final destination for Lois where her life is repeatedly put in danger because Superman reversed the time in the first film.

Does this make sense?

Or knowing Superman will always be there to save her, Lois cares so little for her own safety and takes her own life for granted? Keep in mind that Lois has zero memory of the fact that she suffocated to death in the first film. She doesn’t know that Superman couldn’t save her.

Which is it?

FYI, I am happy that Superman saved Lois but the soundtrack just got me thinking.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news and gifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I was listening to the soundtrack for the first Superman movie and I remembered that scene towards the end where Lois died from suffocation. Superman couldn’t get to her in time and then he made the knee-jerk decision to fly around the earth and thus rewind time.

It got me thinking about the whole final destination theory. I don’t know if this has ever been discussed before but stay with me.

What if after Superman flew around the Earth, reversing time, the Universe looked at it and went, okay, Superman, yes, we know you are all powerful but you did a big ‘no, no’ in reversing time to save your love. There has to be consequences for messing with time. So every time after this, it becomes a final destination for Lois where her life is repeatedly put in danger because Superman reversed the time in the first film.

Does this make sense?

Or knowing Superman will always be there to save her, Lois cares so little for her own safety and takes her own life for granted? Keep in mind that Lois has zero memory of the fact that she suffocated to death in the first film. She doesn’t know that Superman couldn’t save her.

Which is it?

FYI, I am happy that Superman saved Lois but the soundtrack just got me thinking.
Huh... I never thought about it in these sort of contexts, but now I'm going to think a lot more about them.

I think both are plausible depending on how someone looks at reality (if a "higher power" is involved or not). I think it could very well be a bit of both, though I fully believe in general Lois has little regards for her own safety even more so when Superman is introduced because she's not as worried about anything happening to her.

cliffies • kcch
canthaveyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

I think so too. I also think, had she remembered that she died in the first film, she wouldn't be so callous in the future movies.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the Superman gifs.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Clark was so slick and wise with his humor. He didn't even know he was being funny but it just worked. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

^ Yes! It was part of his charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I think so too. I also think, had she remembered that she died in the first film, she wouldn't be so callous in the future movies.
That's a really good point, I never thought about that much either.

cliffies • kcch
Old 06-26-2019, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

It also occurred to me, in the second film, when Clarke finally revealed his secret, did he also tell Lois that she died in the first film? We never saw an on-screen discussion about that, but they did spend a lot of time together in the fortress. I'm wondering if it ever came up.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

No he never told her, they definitely should of had that discussion.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

I feel that should have been a part of the discussion, since they were just starting this relationship. That should have been something Lois should know.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I completely agree. I think that would have put them in a rough spot for awhile, realistically, before they could get passed that.

cliffies • kcch
Reply   Post New Thread