Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

The beginning of that ear being shot.. ouch
and then that slap by Selena! Wow! I was surprised!

The Serena/June scenes are intense. She's pregnant and then Serena takes her to her daughter but not really taking her, she has to watch from afar to see Serena talking to her little girl. I get why June is infuriated by her but I also get that from a certain point this baby is all that Serena has and she wants a garantuee that his baby is coming for her
The scene between Serena and the commander, wow intense! You go Serena for telling me he's too weak to bring any babies into this world (though at this point I'm still watching I do hope that her saying it's not his is not going to be a problem for June)

oh yeah Moira is here too!
Ewww that man's arm is being taken off

and now June is playing a game with the commander by talking bad about Serena
all those letters wow!

Poor Moira... so much is happening for her.. Great acting by Samira here

Aww the baby room.. Fred is coming in and Serena is crying

weid handmaid meeting.. with the stones.. oh no Janine and the new Offglen
June looked very confident in that scene.. Maybe overconfident? It's a bit cocky like she's the master of the game.. I don't like seeing this because I feel the game just started..

what a cute meet between Luke and Moira!

I knew this was going to happen that she would be taken somewhere.. but where?

Quote:
It was a strong finale imo. Though I personally could have done without the scene with the handmaids walking down the street in what looked like it was supposed to be an empowering moment. They've done this once before in an earlier ep (I forgot which one) and I wasn't feeling it then either. It's those kinds of moments where the show feels like a Hollywood movie to me. It's just a bit too forced and unnecessary imo.
I think that was the Nolite conundrum episode (or however you type that )
I agree that this moment didn't add anything for me..

In general I didn't like this cockyness that June had over her...

Quote:
I did love seeing Handmaids refuse to stone Janine. Especially the new Ofglen being the first to refuse.
I loved that too but we still don't know what happened to her

Quote:
I still can't bring myself to feel sorry for Serena (except in her scenes with the Commander, who is treating her horribly), but Yvonne is so fantastic in the role and the character is so complicated and interesting though not very likeable.
I feel a little sorry for her but I also find her very interesting for the way she chooses to work her power to get what she wants which is basically what everyone else is doing in this crazy world

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-15-2017, 03:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
The beginning of that ear being shot.. ouch
and then that slap by Selena! Wow! I was surprised!
Ouch indeed. I feel like we got an increased dose of mutilation this ep in comparison to the previous few? Then again, I try to block those scenes out as soon as possible, so Idk.

Quote:
The Serena/June scenes are intense. She's pregnant and then Serena takes her to her daughter but not really taking her, she has to watch from afar to see Serena talking to her little girl. I get why June is infuriated by her but I also get that from a certain point this baby is all that Serena has and she wants a garantuee that his baby is coming for her
Elisabeth/Yvone play so well off each other.

Quote:
The scene between Serena and the commander, wow intense! You go Serena for telling me he's too weak to bring any babies into this world (though at this point I'm still watching I do hope that her saying it's not his is not going to be a problem for June)
I cheered Serena on there too.
Quote:
I think that was the Nolite conundrum episode (or however you type that )
I agree that this moment didn't add anything for me..

In general I didn't like this cockyness that June had over her...
Thanks! You're probably right, given that was the ep when June started to fight back. They overdo the June, the Defiant Heroine moments for my taste too. I like those moments when they are more subtle.

Quote:
I loved that too but we still don't know what happened to her
Some routine torture probably
Old 06-15-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

She's not really a heroine per se yet for me..
I do wonder if her fighing back in that handmaid's circle with Janine was part of her masterplan to punish Serena? Since Serena asked her what did you do? And she just smiled confidently.

They shouldn't overdo June the heroine for me... I'd rather see her be pleasantly surprised by some victory because I didn't feel like there was a masterplan yet
Plus Offglen was the first one to resist throwing Janine with rocks... so in that sense she was more heroic for being the first to publicly resist..

Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think she was primarily motivated by empathy towards Janine in the circle scene. But later she would have probably felt happy to rub any act of defiance in Serena's face.

I liked how in the book June was a compassionate, observant and intelligent woman, but still a bit passive (for example, unlike the show June, she didn't even go to the protests before the regime was fully established, if I remember correctly). I thought it was a good representation of ppl/women who would act like that under similar circumstances. And it was nicely contrasted with Moira's overt rebelliousness and Ofglen's (/Emily's, though I can't remember if that was her name there too) covert rebelliousness. In the show it's like they had to sass her up a little bit. And it's ok most of the times but sometimes it's a bit too much imo.

Good point about Ofglen. I like they didn't push June to be the heroine there for no reason. Any resistance movement is gonna be a collective accomplishment. But sometimes tv shows and movies forget that and make it seem like the protagonist did most of the work.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly that's why I didn't like why June was at the front of that march through the streets.. It felt like she was the leader when she's just becoming a part of this group

Old 06-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Such a great finale and very emotional
Serena Joy is evil, the way she treated June was awful and heartless
Janine broke my heart again, i would have stopped watching the show if she had been killed this way.
The ending was powerfull
Old 06-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh really? You would have stopped watching!

I am pretty happy that she survived (or at least from what we think) in the end!

What was your best moment?

Quote:
You think I prayed for this?- June, episode 10

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 06-20-2017 at 07:58 AM
Old 06-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

I feel sorry for Janine, she has suffered so much already before Gilead
The possibility of her dying in such a horrific way was too much.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was just cruel!
It was unexpected to me since I felt Lydia cared for Janine so much so I thought she would be placed somewhere else... Though I do still think Lydia cares from deep inside though she has to follow the rules as well.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

One of the most remarkable scenes from the finale

Old 07-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 07-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That scene

I just finished the episode, it was amazing, just like the whole show. I have too many feelings right now to be able to put them into words
Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha I hope you'll be able to find the words soon!

Old 08-23-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

dp ignore.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

"They should have never given us uniforms if they didn't want us to be an army." Loved seeing their refusal to stone Janine this episode. The little scene between Ofglen and June was awesome.

It made me so angry when Serena hit her, like WTF LADY what is she supposed to do? Say no to Waterfred? COME ON.

It made me so happy when June talked back to Serena. Saying "you think I prayed for this?" But that woman is a nut job. There's no getting through to her.

WOW @ Serena talking back to Fred. That was a good scene but I also dont really feel that sorry for her?

The scene between Nick and June in the kitchen was so sweet. I love that he told her it wasn't terrible and touched her stomach. SFDSFSDS THEY ARE HAVING A KID OMG.

The scenes of Moira making it to Canada were so heartwarming and amazing. That made me so happy. HER MEETING UP WITH LUKE WAS THE CUTEST THING EVERRRRRRR. SFSDFDSFDSFS.

UGH JUNE SEEING HER DAUGHTER AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BE LET OUT, HOW FCKIN ANNOYING AND HEARTBREAKING UGHHHHH. This show makes me so mad!!! THAT BITCH IS SO DAMN COLD I AM SO MAD.

I LOVED WHEN JUNE TOLD HER OFF and said everything we were thinking. She is going to rot in hell.

It's strange that June went to Fred about her daughter though? She trusts him more than Serena? He also knew she was lying when she said the baby was his, I am surprised that he didn't care more? I think he does have a soft spot for her somewhere.

What I wonder though is how the rest of the world allows this to happen? Like Canada and Europe and those places?

The ending was a bit confusing, because how would the guards have authority over the Waterfords? I am assuming she will be fine because of Nick's message to her, but still... wonder what is going to happen. Especially because the book didn't ever really explain it either did it?