Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x12: "Tape 6, Side B - Bryce Walker" Episode Discussion Thread

1x12: tape 6, side b
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Bryce Walker, for raping Hannah in his hot tub.

After accidentally losing her parent's deposits which were supposed to go to the bank, a depressed Hannah stumbles upon a party thrown by Bryce. The night ends in tragedy when she ends up alone with him and he rapes her. In the present, Clay goes to Bryce's house on the pretext of buying weed from him and confronts Bryce about the rape, taping his confession. Everyone on the list Olivia found is subpoenaed for the lawsuit between the Bakers and the school. The episode ends with an ambulance treating an unknown teenager with a gunshot wound to the head.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

112:
Bryce is a disgusting little manipulator acting like he doesn’t know why Justin is mad at him. But I do like how they wrote his whole personality though because he wasn’t really that mean to Clay through the series and actually came off charming in a way, and that seems like a good personality trait of a rapist. He’s being all subtle and cool but we know what he really does. Clay confronting him at the house was just crazy though, that’s not smart. Poor Clay, that was hard to watch.

And the hot tub rape, ugh, poor Hannah. That was def. the last straw for her.

Jessica had every right getting upset about Justin for not helping her, but why now? She just hung out with Bryce last episode. She had listened to the tapes so she knew it happened. I just don’t understand that storyline. Why is she all of a sudden acting all pissed and stuff? It would have made more sense for her to have been cold and distant this entire time.

And it pisses me off that they threw rocks at Tyler’s window for being a creeper/photographer when they don’t care at all about what Bryce did? It doesn’t make sense to me.

At least Ryan is acknowledging the truth. I’m glad he told Courtney off for calling Bryce an “alleged” rapist.

And why do they all forget that Marcus assaulted Hannah in the booth? UGH SMH.

WHY DOESNT ANYONE TELL HER PARENTS ABOUT THE TAPE UGHHH IM SO ANNOYED WITH THIS. COME ON TONY! Why is he keeping everything secret?!? COME ONNNNNN. And why is Tony on the paper? Just because she got the tape recorder from him?

I really like Tony’s boyfriend. He’s so cute.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

thanks for the thread
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-07-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Loved this episode as well like all the others. Clay was so smart to tape Bryce's confession. At first I was a little afraid for him because of what Bryce would do to him but he held himself up and I am glad he was able to help Jessica like this.

I forgot if we already knew who shot himself in the head and was in the ambulance. We do know that right?