Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x11: "Tape 6, Side A - Clay Jensen" Episode Discussion Thread

1x11: tape 6, side a
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Clay Jensen, for leaving Hannah at her request after the pair almost had sex. However, Hannah notes that Clay does not deserve to be on the tapes (she confesses her admiration and fondness of him) but she says she added him because he knew many of the people who bullied her and she wanted him to know the full story..

Clay finally listens to his tape and is overcome with guilt because he could not do enough to prevent her suicide. In present day, Justin finds out Jessica is at Bryce's. He confronts her there and admits that Bryce raped her on the night of the party. Olivia Baker finds a list with the names of all the people on the tapes, although she does not know what the list means.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

111:

Clay was so adorable in the flashbacks, no wonder Hannah had a little crush on him. Their moments in the episode were so bittersweet. They were so adorable at first and when Clay kissed her I just squeed that was so cute. All the dream scenes were so sad.

I feel awful for Hannah, going through what she went through and having those horrible memories coming back to her. I dont blame her.

I felt so bad for Clay in that room because he didn’t know what he did wrong and her yelling at him to get out? How could she have expected him not to? But I think she knew in her head that it was her fault too. she pretty much blamed herself for the past three, bryce, cherie, and now clay. But I'm wondering why she didnt call out Bryce at all on the tape and instead dedicated it to justin?

And I’m sure the tapes were really hard for Clay to hear because he’s probably kicking himself for leaving and not trying to talk with her. The dream future scenes were so sad.

What I don’t get is why people kept telling Clay that he had a tape and made him think he was somehow responsible when she said herself on the tapes it wasn’t his fault?

Why TF is Jess hanging out with Bryce alone? So weird. I do feel bad for Justin and his home life and maybe its partly why he didn’t act when he knew what Bryce did, but he needs to actually come forward about it. I also found it weird that he went to Alex’s house. At least he finally had the guts to say something about the rape and fight Bryce but it was too little too late. And Zach once again defending Bryce went further down on my **** list. Bryce texting Jessica after was gross.

Clay and Tony are everything. I love how much Tony is helping him. And Tony’s face when Clay cried. And the hug!!!! I love them so much.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Definitely one of my favorite episodes, can't wait to rewatch it soon.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-07-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was one of my favorite if not my favorite episode. I was looking forward to Clay's tape so much because I wanted to know why he had a tape and what Hannah thought that he did to her so I was very relieved to her that she didn't really blame him but that she wanted him to hear her story.

Clay and Tony were life in this episode. If Clay wouldn't have had Tony I don't know what he would have done.

Jessica is so.. I really didn't get why she was going to Bryce! She knew what he did right? Why go there alone after you know what he did to you. I really hope she is going to press charges next season. Bryce should not get away with this.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

it didnt make sense to me either but i think she was trying to forget that it happened. iDK. i still think it was silly to have her go over there though.