Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x09: "Tape 5, Side A - Justin Foley" Episode Discussion Thread

1x09: tape 5, side a
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Justin Foley, for allowing Bryce to rape his girlfriend Jessica.

While hiding in Jessica's room during a summer party, Hannah witnesses Bryce Walker raping an unconscious and intoxicated Jessica, with Justin's consent. In the present, Clay talks to Justin who claims it is better Jessica does not know the truth. Marcus warns Clay the worst is yet to come.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

109:

I don’t blame Hannah’s dad for being pissed about the article not being taken seriously. This counselor seems nice enough but he’s not doing his damn job.

So this is where Hannah cuts her hair. So obvious it was a wig, it didn’t look so hot. Its sad that she wanted to hang out with Clay. Too bad she didn't tell him to ditch the party and hang out with her instead. They were so cute at the party.

UGH BRYCE RAPING JESSICA WAS SO DISGUSTING! And I blame Hannah partly for not stopping it either! But I guess that is part of her depression. Justin not stopping it is just as bad! I cant believe this guy. Okay, he just jumped to #2 on the awful list. Those two are scum of the earth.

Clay's outburst was warranted! He's right to not understand why more people aren't upset. What i dont get is why he isn't just releasing the tapes to the public or to the police.

The clay/tony scene was intense! They have so much chemistry.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am going to have to re-watch this one again soon cause I can't remember much about it anymore except for Bryce raping Jessica. What a pig. I never liked him but after this I loath him. I wish Hannah would have done something or Justin. He should have kicked in the door to save Jessica.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm definitely someone who thought Hannah was also partly to blame in this. She named this tape for Justin for not stopping it but honestly I feel like she could've tried to stop it as well. Maybe even moreso since she was physically in the room. I've seen the explanation that she froze but that just doesn't work for me. & even after the fact I don't understand why she didn't try to tell Jessica what happened.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah hannah just hiding there was cowardly but i think thats she she blamed herself for it too.

she should have named the tape for herself honestly.

but yeah not going forward or telling anyone after that was a big mistake.