Old 05-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting
Old 05-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

your welcome
Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you for this thread! William and Dolores, the human/android couple, are one of the most epic couples I've ever shipped. I hate the fact that the writers had to ruin it just to pull off the "one big trick" thing.

Here's a scene I can watch over and over again. The acting, the music, the scenery, it's just... wow.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

I don't ship them but Evan and Jimmi seem to have a cute little friendship going.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They do. And William & Dolores were basically the main love story of the show. They were with each other the majority of the time, and their story is what ultimately leads to Dolores attaining consciousness and William
Spoiler:
Old 05-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i loved them together up till till the "big reveal"
Old 05-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hated that "big reveal." I thought it was so inconsistent with William's character, that he just suddenly goes psycho right out of the blue. I understand that he was heartbroken after returning to Westworld and realizing that Dolores didn't remember him, but I cannot believe that he just "gave up" or "grew tired" of her. It seems the writers sacrificed character progression for the "one big trick," but this is Jonathan Nolan we're talking about. He and his brother, Christopher Nolan, have always favored plot twists over characterization.

I would've had William and the MIB be two different characters, and the reveal at the end would've been that the MIB was Dolores' earlier love, who went through the exact same scenario with her that William did. The MIB would reveal to William that everything he went through with Dolores that seemed genuine - her escape from the farm, the Mexican town where they met the gun runner, the journey on the train, their love scene, Dolores taking William to the buried town - was the exact same thing that the MIB had done with her decades earlier, and it was actually all part of her script; just like Maeve's discovery of what she really was and her escape from Westworld also turned out to be scripted and part of Dr. Robert Ford's plan all along. William would have to confront the possibility that everything he had with Dolores was false, and Dolores would convince William that this time she was actually choosing for herself and that she was in love with him by nearly killing the MIB, who stabs her just like Logan did earlier. William would kill the MIB and then take Dolores away where Dr. Ford would end her story with William on the beach.

I have nothing against Teddy, but he hardly had any scenes with Dolores and was with the MIB most of the time, and he was almost always on script and never really in control of his own actions until near the end, whereas Dolores was with William most of the time and often going off script to be with him.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-05-2017 at 04:48 PM
Old 05-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

i agree i think william and MIB should have been two different people. i didnt like that reveal at all
Old 05-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. It felt like lazy writing, when they had done so well up until then