Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Crown 2x04 "Beryl" Episode Discussion

Beryl

When Elizabeth and Philip throw a grand party for their 10th anniversary, both Margaret and the new Prime Minister experience romantic tribulations.

Last edited by JoJoF92; 12-28-2017 at 11:18 AM
Old 12-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Moderator Manager

This is my least favorite episode. I haven't been a fan of Princess Margaret because all we ever see of her is her love life. I know she feels pressured into marrying especially since her mom is also pressuring her. It was classic Margaret to finally decide to marry Billy though.

I love Matthew Goode but Tony seems a bit too cocky for me. But I guess that's the type of men that Margaret is attracted to. I laughed when Tony asked her "You haven't been on a bus, have you?" The whole scene of Tony taking her portrait was too dragged out for me. I zoned out on most of it, tbh.

I also love that Philip & Elizabeth are celebrating 10 years of marriage. 60 more years to go.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 12-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ well, I'm the opposite I love the Margaret-centric episodes cause she's my favorite. so I really loved this one.

it was heartbreaking to see her so unhappy still and seeing people get married made it even worse since she was denied that...it was also sad that she felt like her friend was her only option because the family wouldn't oppose to Billy, but of course she didn't have feelings for him.

when P&E plus the PM and his wife were watching TV in the palace and Macmillan just wouldn't stop talking he's a boring old man for sure and he doesn't even respect the Queen enough to shut it.
also his relationship with his wife was so odd. she had a lover and wasn't even hiding it from him, but he wouldn't do anything about it position can't be worth that much.

it's such a shame that Margaret had to lose a friend in Billy because he turned out to be a douche she deserves so much better..
loved Philip's speech to Elizabeth at the dinner but to see Margaret at the same time, thinking she might never have such happiness and a partner who'd be with her through thick and thin it was so heartbreaking..and how distressed she was later at home she's the kind of person who really hates being lonely and can't even bear it. of course she's already experienced great love so it was worse for her after that to be deprived of it.

I really loved Margaret and Tony's chemistry. he's someone who's like her equal, and they're the same age, it was great to see her find happiness again he could see a part of her that most people in her family don't agree with. it was ought to be a good match. a passionate one for sure.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked this episode. Sometimes I feel sorry for her and sometimes I don't ... it's like she knows the rules and the restrictions that come with her position and then she gets mad when her sister has to enforce them ...

But the chemistry between her and Tony is perfect. They were both stellar at their roles.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
when P&E plus the PM and his wife were watching TV in the palace and Macmillan just wouldn't stop talking he's a boring old man for sure and he doesn't even respect the Queen enough to shut it.
also his relationship with his wife was so odd. she had a lover and wasn't even hiding it from him, but he wouldn't do anything about it position can't be worth that much.
HAHA, he was annoying. And Elizabeth's face was priceless. And yeah, it seems to me that he has an open relationship with his wife? They're together but she's free to see the other man.

Quote:
loved Philip's speech to Elizabeth at the dinner but to see Margaret at the same time, thinking she might never have such happiness and a partner who'd be with her through thick and thin it was so heartbreaking..and how distressed she was later at home she's the kind of person who really hates being lonely and can't even bear it. of course she's already experienced great love so it was worse for her after that to be deprived of it.
Yeah poor Margaret. After Billy, I'd probably be as dramatic too. I think she was at the point in her life where she thinks she couldn't find love and no one will love her back.

Quote:
I really loved Margaret and Tony's chemistry. he's someone who's like her equal, and they're the same age, it was great to see her find happiness again he could see a part of her that most people in her family don't agree with. it was ought to be a good match. a passionate one for sure.
Was this the episode where Margaret said something about attending a party where her mom doesn't know the people? I laughed at that. Both Vanessa & Matthew have great on-screen chemistry though. You can tell that Tony was drawn to her right away and Margaret was being cautious but still friendly.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I really liked this episode. Sometimes I feel sorry for her and sometimes I don't ... it's like she knows the rules and the restrictions that come with her position and then she gets mad when her sister has to enforce them ...
she's got a real temper for sure. it's not easy to impress her, plus she's more passionate about her feelings too and Elizabeth is able to put them away better. of course she's already got the husband she's always loved so it's better for her in that way
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Was this the episode where Margaret said something about attending a party where her mom doesn't know the people? I laughed at that. Both Vanessa & Matthew have great on-screen chemistry though. You can tell that Tony was drawn to her right away and Margaret was being cautious but still friendly.
yeah, I think she was talking about wanting to go to parties where people doesn't know her mother so it can be more enjoyable for her.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Moderator Manager

I can just imagine all the parties that she goes to because she's from the Royal family so naturally all the people are known by her family. I did like that we can really see the stark difference between Margaret & Elizabeth since Margaret is not directly going to be heir. It's kind of what we see with Prince William & Prince Harry now.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

that's true. one of them is always the responsible one cause they know from a very young age that they're gonna become the monarch one day, but the younger one is more let loose in behavior

Old 12-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have trouble remembering this ep!

I do like Margaret but I do like her in a right dosage too! It was nice to see her romance start with Tony!
It was sad to see that she was willing to marry anyone who would want to marry her.

I think I need to rewatch this, I don't remember much

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

no? I really liked this one cause I wanted things sorted out for Margaret.

I guess she was willing to give up "love" just to have someone by her side cause with Billy it'd have been easy. the family liked him, it was not complicated at all, but of course he wasn't the right choice

Old 12-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoy Margaret like Philip she can be a brat at times but it does happen when your in a family in a lot of rules. I felt sorry for her that she considered a marriage with her friend but he turned out to be doucey and her mom not listening to her. I do think she and Matthew character have good chemistry and I like no one knowing her mom
Did like Philip speech
Old 12-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, she's kind of the black sheep in the family but she and Philip have a lot in common

Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

well they were more character centric eps this season and the 1st season had a mix of eps so certain characters were balanced out well in the episodes
I missed Elizabeth in this episode

x

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 12-19-2017 at 09:49 AM
Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

gotta give some space to Margaret once or twice

Old 12-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

x