Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

cute!!

Old 09-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG Archie is so cute and looks a lot like when Harry was a baby.

Quote:
Thanks Cape Town for another impactful and memorable day! A few more highlights of this very special visit with Archbishop Desmond Tutu

#RoyalVisitSouthAfrica

Video ©️SussexRoyal

Quote:
Some behind the scenes moments from yesterday! The Duke of Sussex, Captain General of the Royal Marines, hit the water with the Cape Town Maritime Police Unit and members of the British Royal Marines, joining their patrols to tackle the illegal wildlife trade.

More to come later today as The Duke and Duchess continue their tour in Capetown!

#RoyalVisitSouthAfrica

Video ©️SussexRoyal
Old 09-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

he's adorable

Old 09-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Moderator Manager

I thought from the thumbnail that they were cutting down the tree which would be impossible and I'm sure Prince Harry wouldn't be okay with that.

Quote:
Some more behind the scenes moments of The Duke and 200 children planting trees in Chobe National Park!

The Duke of Sussex has kicked off the next leg of #RoyalTourAfrica by planting trees in Chobe National Park with children from local primary schools. The Duke planted a baobab, which are severely under threat across Africa, which will live for 1000 years!

Each child grew their sapling from seed in recycled milk tins from the elephant orphanage, using fertilised soil from the orphans’ dung!

The park is home to a huge elephant population – more than 17,000 – along with some of the world’s most diverse and vibrant eco-systems. The people, wildlife and whole area rely on the Chobe River to survive, but many species and indigenous trees are sadly now extinct. There is critical need to secure the forest so wildlife have access to the river.

The Duke was welcomed by his close friend Dr Mike Chase, Founder of Elephant Without Borders, who has dedicated his life to supporting Botswana’s people and Elephants. ‘If you look after nature, it will look after you’ – The Duke of Sussex

The Duke will shortly continue the tour with stops in Angola and Malawi focussing on community, HIV/AIDS and environment.

#RoyalVisitBotswana

Video©️ @SussexRoyal
Old 09-27-2019, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

very cute!

i think Harry is on his solo part now?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

maybe

Old 09-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Oh that parallel...

Yeah it looks like it's just Harry (for that particular event). Meghan probably attended to Archie for the time being.

Quote:
“It’s incredibly emotional to follow in the footsteps of my mother... If 20 years ago she hadn’t done what she did, this would still be a minefield. To see this as a thriving community is amazing.” – The Duke of Sussex

Above, some words from The Duke of Sussex as he spoke candidly today about his experience retracing his mother’s visit to Angola in 1997. He was able to see firsthand more of the legacy she left on the world. Princess Diana brought global attention to the issue of landmines and helped change the future for this community in Huambo, and many more like it.

This afternoon, 22 years later, The Duke was able to walk the same path, but now rather than walking amongst mines, he was able to walk among a bustling community with schools, colleges and small businesses.

Earlier today The Duke joined @thehalotrust to once again highlight the issue of landmines that still threatens more than 60 million people worldwide.

#RoyalVisitAngola

Video © SussexRoyal
Old 09-28-2019, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's really great how big an impact Diana still has on her sons and the whole world

Old 09-28-2019, 08:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Very true. She's wonderful and an icon for sure.

Quote:
“Simi kunye kulesisimo” – ‘We stand together in this moment’

The Duchess of Sussex has tied a ribbon at the site where 19-year-old Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana was murdered last month, to pay her respects and to show solidarity with those who have taken a stand against gender based violence and femicide. Over the last month in Capetown, protests erupted through the streets in outrage over GBV in South Africa.

The Duke and Duchess had been following what had happened from afar and were both eager to learn more when they arrived in South Africa. The Duchess spoke to the mother of Uyinene this week to relay their condolences.

Visiting the site of this tragic death and being able to recognise Uyinene, and all women and girls effected by GBV (specifically in South Africa, but also throughout the world) was personally important to The Duchess.

Uyinene’s death has mobilised people across South Africa in the fight against gender based violence, and is seen as a critical point in the future of women’s rights in South Africa. The Duchess has taken private visits and meetings over the last two days to deepen her understanding of the current situation and continue to advocate for the rights of women and girls.

For more information on the recent events in South Africa, please see link in bio. #AmINext

Quote:
Following a guard of honour at the Presidential Palace, The Duke of Sussex today had an audience with His Excellency João Lourenço, President of Angola.

Following the audience, The Duke received a briefing from First Lady Ana Dias Lourenços on the work of Born Free to Shine, a project spearheaded by the First Lady, which focuses on preventing HIV/AIDS transmission from mothers to babies.
The project addresses both the medical and socio-educational issues around HIV and AIDS which are both still taboo issues in Angola. Despite Angola’s low infection rate, other factors such as high fertility and a young population, combined with a lack of awareness, are driving infection rates up. Rates of mother-to-baby transmission are the highest in sub-Saharan Africa.
The First Lady has just approved a national plan to tackle mother-to-baby HIV/AIDS transmission.

#RoyalVisitAngola 📷Press Association
Old 09-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
it's really great how big an impact Diana still has on her sons and the whole world
Very true!

Old 09-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

wish she could still be around

Old 09-29-2019, 08:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Hello Malawi, it’s South Africa calling! Another incredible day on #RoyalVisitAfrica as The Duke arrived in Malawi, with The Duchess joining him via Skype to speak to women and girls who went to school with the support of CAMA and @camfed.

Afterwards, The Duke was able to meet President Peter Mutharika and thank him for the wonderful welcome in his country.

Today, The Duchess of Sussex linked up with Nalikule College, Lilongwe, to join The Duke and an amazing group of women who attended school through the help @camfed and its 20-year-old alumni network CAMA.

These CAMA women are part of a major network across Africa, which has 140,000 members and 17,500 in Malawi alone. These positive female role models, leaders and entrepreneurs, are working to lift their communities out of poverty. Money distributed by CAMA goes directly to each of their alumni, who then use their own resources to support another three children to attend school.

Along with support from the @Queens_Commonwealth_Trust, CAMA and @camfed are changing the lives of many young girls though education and empowerment. As President and Vice President of the QCT, The Duke and Duchess both believe in the power of education to empower young girls, and change society as a whole.

#RoyalVisitMalawi #RoyalVisitSouthAfrica

Video©️SussexRoyal

Quote:
Today, The Duke of Sussex met The President of Malawi, visited an organisation which supports young women and also attended a reception at The British High Commission on the #RoyalVisitMalawi Tour.

This afternoon The Duke had an Audience with Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika, President of the Republic of Malawi at State House.

This morning HRH also visited Nalikule College of Education to learn about the CAMA network, which is a network of young women who have been supported to attend secondary school through help from the Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED). The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT) has been working with CAMA since 2017, DFID Malawi has been supporting CAMFED and CAMA since 2012.

The Queen is Patron, and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are President and Vice-President of the QCT.

At today’s engagement The Duke met young people and The Duchess of Sussex joined the conversation via live video link.

The Duke also attended a reception hosted by Holly Tett, the British High Commissioner in Malawi where he had a chance to meet people from all over Malawi including representatives from the education, wildlife conservation and charity sectors.

Follow @sussexroyal for more.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

cute thanks!

Old 09-30-2019, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for those

Old 09-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Still doing separate engagements for now.

Quote:
Verified
While at Victoria Yards in Johannesburg this afternoon, The Duchess of Sussex had the opportunity to learn more about the importance of, and how to enable a ‘wellbeing economy’ thanks to Co-Director of the Maker’s Valley Partnership, Simon Sizwe.

Simon was awarded a full scholarship to attend the Young African Leaders Initiative programme initiated by President Obama, and he explained that by investing in the overall well-being of a community and its people, and focusing on that economy, you can enrich everyone for a better quality of life.

She also met with the owners of Sobae Frozen, an entrepreneurial duo who created their small business as a solution to food waste, creating vegan sorbet from unused fruit from Victoria Yards.

At the end of her visit, The Duchess was moved by the original poetry of Belita Andre, the winner of the Poetry Grandslam. In her reading she said: “The Maker’s Valley is a social and enterprise hub, a wave between my corner of the world and yours. Insisting that beyond the anchors of survival. How to make sure that everyone gets to shore, pass around an ocean of stars, not because our sleepless nights are equal but because our dreams are.”

#RoyalVisitSouthAfrica

Quote:
Side by side with local park rangers in Liwonde National Park, The Duke of Sussex has laid a wreath at the memorial of Guardsman Matthew Talbot. Guardsman Talbot, who was just 22, lost his life earlier this year while on a joint anti-poaching mission with the British Army, the Malawian government and African Parks.

The Counter-Poaching Operation is an on-going partnership that requires local organisations such as @AfricanParksNetwork to monitor and protect wildlife from poachers, so that communities can benefit from tourism. These patrols by African Park Rangers can last between 10 hours and 8 days.

Guardsmen Talbot was incredibly proud of his role in countering this threat and had played a huge part in the progress and success so far. The Duke laid the wreath on behalf of the Talbot family, and said he was honoured to be able to do so, as he has worked closely with park rangers in these efforts and celebrates each and every one of them as heroes.

Often away from the public eye, many people are prepared to put themselves in harm’s way, in a bid to protect wildlife from poachers. The joint missions, with support of the local community, were established by The Duke and have proven to reduce poacher activity.

#RoyalVisitMalawi

Photo ©️ PA images