Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

April! I'm sorry Bob can't make it, but I'm happy that you're still making the best of the situation.

I hope Eliza still has a good panel. I may or may not be here in time for the livestream, but hopefully I'll still be able to catch part of it.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

I more meant train wreck in the sense I saw parties on twitter planning to ask Eliza questions they know make her uncomfortable. So much so that multiple neutral Eliza sources contacted Wizard World and received responses informing them that they were going to pre-screen the questions fans wanted to ask, to ensure all in attendance, including Bob, were comfortable.

Hopefully she has a great day with her brother in company and we get awesome content.

Meeting Bob will still happen for you, April. Timing is a funny thing and this might just be a sign that something better will be in store for you in the future. Third time may be the charm.

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of the questions I saw people suggest on Wizard World's Twitter (which I checked religiusly for two weeks) were really good. Yes, there were a few obnoxious ones in there, but the majority were questions both Eliza and Bob could have answered comfortably, and many were actually quite thought-provoking. Hopefully plenty of them will still be asked.

I've got mine in mind. It's basically just a variation of what I was planning to ask both of them. I think it will be good if I get a chance to ask it.
ICON
Old 06-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)

I hope Eliza still has a good panel. I may or may not be here in time for the livestream, but hopefully I'll still be able to catch part of it.
hey Amelia, i thought you were attending this weekend or am i confusing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedawanheda (View Post)
I more meant train wreck in the sense I saw parties on twitter planning to ask Eliza questions they know make her uncomfortable. So much so that multiple neutral Eliza sources contacted Wizard World and received responses informing them that they were going to pre-screen the questions fans wanted to ask, to ensure all in attendance, including Bob, were comfortable.
omg not again please those people...ok i stop otherwise i can't stop ranting.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

The panel livestream is still available to watch on Wizard World's Periscope, for those interested: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqGokdYmyyGv

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-18-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoever "those people" are is a small handful of people and does not represent the entire Bellarke fan base. I met plenty of people today who, despite being huge Bellarke/Bob/Bellamy fans (like myself) were eager to meet Eliza and attend the panel with her (like myself). Bottom line: We all know there are bad apples on BOTH sides of this divided fandom, but they didn't show up today. None of the questions were screened. It was all impromptu, and it was all fun. Do I think there would have been more Bellarke questions asked if Bob were there? Quite honestly, yes, but it wouldn't have been just a ship panel. There would have been a wide variety asked no matter what.

It was a good panel. She did well. I wrote up some things here, plus posted a couple pics: http://www.fanforum.com/f34/★-head-h...72/index4.html
ICON
Old 06-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the fandom was really good today (and seemed to be yesterday). Nothing divided that I saw. I mean, April and I don't ship the same ships, but we told Eliza (and Jo) that we came together because it was "Unity Day."

I'm so glad the panel went well. Now I have time to go and watch it now that I'm home.

Also... here is one of my selfies with Eliza (plus her autograph that I got).

Old 06-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they really loved our "Unity Day," Amelia. I know I did!

Yeah, the fandom has definitely mellowed somewhat since last year, which is good. I just felt it in the line that there was less tension this year.

I'm so sad it's over. I went back to the convention center shortly after you left, Amelia, and purchased some last minute merchandise. So sad to see them taking all the booths down. I don't want to go back to real life.

Next step: You meeting Kelly Clarkson, me meeting Bob!
ICON
Old 06-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm so sad it's over. I went back to the convention center shortly after you left, Amelia, and purchased some last minute merchandise. So sad to see them taking all the booths down. I don't want to go back to real life.
I know! Good that you got some last minute merch. It was probably good that I left for home so that my bank account wouldn't scream at me again. By the way...

May we meet again!

And yes. Third times the charm for you and Bob.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How weird is it that we were out to lunch today and now we're talking online again? And we could just sit there and talk and talk and talk today because we already knew each other via FF.

ETA: My bank account is screaming at me.
ICON
Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the recaps, guys. Beautiful selfie, Amelia!

----

Eliza made it through to be nominated for Choice Sci-Fi TV Actress. Depending on your residence, you can vote at: Teen Choice Awards 2017

Or you can vote on twitter:

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally, looking at the other names (many of whom I don't even recognize) . . . I think Eliza stands a good chance.
ICON
Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don't really know the others but the Once fandom are pretty strong. Not sure how fussed they are on voting things, nor am I really sure how important Teen Choice Awards are () but we'll see how she goes. Eliza's stoked about the nom regardless.

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

New Australian interview!

Quote:
The 100: Eliza Taylor reveals "Hollywood almost broke me."

FORMER NEIGHBOURS ACTRESS Eliza Taylor now calls Los Angeles home, but the Melbourne-born performer didn’t get off to the best start in the City of Angels.

When her credit card was skimmed right in the middle of a busy period of auditioning, the star of sci-fi drama The 100 admits she almost lost hope and called it quits.

“I didn’t have any money and I was actually thinking about coming home,” she reveals. “But I got the script through for The 100 and went in for a meeting the next day and got the role. I was so down and out, and thinking, ‘I may as well just go back to Melbourne,’ and the universe came through.”

Indeed, in hindsight, the actress pinches herself at her luck at only having to slog it out in LA for “a couple of months” before landing the role of a lifetime, playing Clarke Griffin in the popular series which follows a group of young survivors of a nuclear apocalypse that wiped out life on Earth.

“I’m a very lucky girl,” she agrees. “It wasn’t long at all.”

Of course, that’s not to say that Taylor hasn’t met her fair share of “dodgy” characters along the way that tried to ride her coattails.

“Everyone’s after a buck,” she says. “Let’s just say that everyone’s a ‘producer’. You get a million business cards and a lot of these people are not what they say they are.”

She continues: “I had one guy – this is my favourite classic LA scenario – he was saying to me, ‘You’re gorgeous, you’re a star.’ He gave me his card and it had a headshot on it and said actor/director/producer/podiatrist. I just went, ‘Oh my god, you’re just a podiatrist, aren’t you?’ That was brilliant!”

While moving across the world on your own may sound daunting, Taylor was lucky enough to be cast alongside a fellow Aussie – former Home and Away star Bob Morley as Bellamy.

“We didn’t know each other very well,” Taylor says of the pair’s relationship prior to working together. “It was really great though, joining the cast and having a fellow Aussie there. It really did make things a little less scary for me. He’s become a great friend.”

Together the pair forms The 100’s will-they-or-won’t-they couple ‘Bellarke’. Though there is plenty of chemistry and tension between the two, Taylor for one hopes they don’t act on their feelings.

“He should hope not to get together with her as she seems to kill everyone around her!” Taylor laughs. “What I kind of like about Bellamy and Clarke is they do have this great respect for each other and it is for the most part platonic. Whether or not they are going to bring romance into it, I don’t know. I always think when they do get together, what are you going to be excited about? There’s that fear of it getting boring and them being so happy together.”

As for her own character, Taylor says she was excited to play Clarke because of her strong nature and the fact the role is so action-heavy.

“That’s the one thing that I was so drawn to about Clarke – she’s just so strong and kick-arse,” she smiles. “It is a really female-heavy show. We get to kick butt every day!”

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

wonderful interview

i liked the last few passages, she gets Clarke so well.