Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

why are you trying out photoshop? anything special you want to make?
Old 04-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanna make icons again. Contribute some stuff to our celebrations in the future (for here and Alycia).

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched Their Finest

I liked it. Managed to stay awake. Just walking to car and think brisk wind has fully woken me. Photoshop...Omg oI had it once. So confusing... I had no idea what was what
Old 04-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

GUYS I MET THEM!!

you're lovely
never change
Old 04-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

how was its??? so happy for you!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you had a great time, Belle. You'll have to tell us all about it after you've had some sleep.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yes right, report us later when you have time
Old 04-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay for good sleep!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Belle got told she was beautiful by Jessica. Aww
Old 04-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

Yasss guys it was amazing! I just got back home now and it's almost midnight so I'll write a full update tomorrow and show you my pic (minus my ugly face ) and the autographs and messages Marie and Jessica wrote me. Was truly awesome, I needed a day like today so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiangal (View Post)
Belle got told she was beautiful by Jessica. Aww
I'm never deleting that audio. Ever!

you're lovely
never change
Old 04-30-2017, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you had lovely time Belle.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, Belle, that's so great! I'm glad you enjoyed meeting them, and I'm excited for your full report.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Okay guys so I will try and make this as short as possible!

So I went on the last day of the expedition, and I'm so glad I did because it's when Marie and Jess brought their best looks so that they went out with a bang (). I got there soon after the gates opened and had a couple of hours to spare before my first time meeting them for the day, so I walked around and familiarised myself with the venue (which was massive, all the buildings were far apart and walking is not the easiest for me so it was a drainer but anyway) and I walked past the signing areas first. I saw Marie and Jess's large portraits on the back wall, signifying where they were but they hadn't arrived yet so I went down to where all the pop figures are (the 100 pop figures were all pretty cute, to be honest) and then saw a familiar face... Eliza! No, no, she wasn't there in person but they had an autographed picture of her from Oz Con last year to be resold, so that was a fun little fan girl moment for me. Anyway I headed back over to the signing area and they were now there, Marie's queue was full to the back, and Jess's only had 4 people in it, so I felt a bit bad then but she still was enjoying it and holy heck you guys, I had to stop in my tracks and someone rammed up the back of me because MARIE'S ARMS. I DIED. THEY'RE SO DEFINED I actually said out loud "Holy ****!!!"

Fast forward an hour and it was almost time for me to meet them, I was waiting around the queue areas and one of the young girls who worked as a volunteer came up to me and starting talking to me about how my day was going, asked how old I am and all that general chat, and I said that this is a big thing for me as my health doesn't allow me to get out of bed most days and she then said "Which photo op are you here for?" I told her Marie and Jess and she told me to wait a minute as she was checking something with the head volunteer, came back and said "We have just let them know you are here, would you like to be expedited to the front of the line and you can have a seat while they get ready?" and I was in shock because this is the same thing that happened to me when I met Eliza, I told them "I don't have VIP tickets and it's perfectly fine, I should be right to stand a little longer." and she shook her head and took me to the front of the line and gave me a seat. 10 minutes later the volunteers asked if I was okay as they were just about ready and I said "Oh god, I think." because I was now nervous as well and they walked me to the front of the queue and said to just wait for a minute, and I turn my head to the right and here is Marie and Jess sticking their heads around the corner at me going " " - they did this about 5 times it was hilarious because no one else could see as they were behind me and the photography area wall in the queue. Jess and Marie then walked in and I was just speechless because seeing them up close and personal is a whole other type of experience to seeing them on TV. I took two steps and Jess goes "HEY HI HOW ARE YOU?!" (she talks so loudly) I was like "I'm go-" and Marie goes "Hey, look at you! How are you? Thank you for coming" and put her left hand out, I was unsure what to do because I thought she was giving me a handshake so I put my hand out and she HELD IT. She took my hand and HELD IT (they're so tiny and soft by the way) and pulled me in close and then walks me to the centre to have the photo. She was still holding onto my hand when Jess goes "Mine!", tilted her head down onto mine and Marie laughed and took my hand that was still in hers and snaked it around her back and put my hand on her hip and covered it over with hers and then Jess kept trying to pull me away from her again going "no, come here" and squeezed me in real close. They were both talking in my ear repeating "Really nice to meet you, this is so great I hope you are okay." and we had our photo. Once that was taken they both took my hands and were like "thank you so so much for coming, it's lovely meeting you", I don't think they could say it enough and said goodbye. I went to get photo printed and thankfully it turned out really nice, it's a generic kind of side by side photo because this con banned poses and hugs and everything like that, and I went to line up for Marie's autograph. The staff again brought me to the front of the line and Marie sat down, looks up at me and goes "!" and as I was about to walk up to her, Jess sat down at her table next to Marie's and I look over and she gave me a huge smiling and wouldn't stop waving, it was touching to know someone was so excited and appreciative. So the staff gave me the all clear that Marie was ready and I walk up and she goes "Hi, nice to see you again!" I was shocked because she'd had so many fans there but she remembered me and she goes "Aw, your name is Belle! Hi Belle, nice to meet you by name now." and I put our photo on the table and she then said "WOW, look at this! They really whip them out quick, don't they? Great photo, you look cute Belle." and asked how my day was going, told me she hopes I was having fun and I said "Sorry, I'm nervous" to which she looked up and smiled at me. She wasn't feeling too well so I didn't want to keep talking but she once again for like the twentieth time expressed her thanks for me coming and I said "no, thank YOU so much for coming." and she gave another smile and said "I hope you continue to have a fun day, Belle! Super cool to meet you, bye-bye." Her accent is incredible and my god you eyes, her arms are something but you seriously get lost in her eyes. They are stunning. Jess was next and the staff told me to go straight up instead of re-queuing at the back and Jess is talking to another fan about their day. I go up and she says "Helloooo! Ooooh look at that! You look beautiful, Belle!" (I got that on recording and sent it to Diana ) and she started talking to me about how she just wanted to wear sweats today and no make-up but Marie made her and she threw a fit over it (seriously funniest thing to see) and I said I understand how she feels and she goes "It's just stupid ****, we're on a TV show but we are just like you guys. That's why I wanted to wear sweats and be natural. We're all naturally beautiful and I'm like anyone else out there, I love my booze, I love cigarettes, I love these things that are bad for my body but they make me human and normal too. I'm just the same as any other bitch out there; I get my moustache waxed every week, I had bad acne for 12 years, I woke up yesterday and it was breaking out on my back and I was like 'noooo!' I'm human, the show puts so many hours in makeup to make us look like we just got up out of bed, I want to be like that. I've been pushing them to stop putting so much on us, to just let us be ourselves because everyone in the cast is naturally beautiful - like Eliza, she's got gorgeous hair, she's just cut it all off actually so she's got to wear a wig" (in my head I was like... IT ALL COMES BACK TO ELIZA'S HAIR and I couldn't believe we were having a conversation about Eliza's beauty that was not prompted by me) and I then told her that I actually met Eliza last year and she excitedly says too loudly "YASSS GIRL!" and I said I haven't worn makeup a single day in my life and she looks up with the biggest smile on her face and says "Good for you girl! I believe you. Keep at it, more of us need to be natural. It takes two hours some days just to make me Niylah, it's not very good to make out in!" (the way she says Niylah is so beautiful and gentle) and I told her that the end result always looks great, to which she thanked me but said she still wishes they wouldn't make them wear so much, we need more positive natural beauty in the world. The staff assisting her were getting mad because she was talking for so long (almost 8 minutes) and so I said I should let her go and she goes "I know, sorry. Well let me just say, it was so lovely to meet you and thank you for coming to see me also. Thank you, Belle, hope to see you again one day!" I looked at my photo that had now been signed by them both and was surprised to see they wrote me messages! They weren't generally allowed to write more than their name, but Jess's especially touched me deeply. It means the world to me what she wrote, after that conversation we just had.

And that was that but guys, this was one of the most incredible days and these two women are so kind and have the most beautiful hearts. Someone also gave Jess some koala socks and she took her shoes off to put them on, rolled her pants right up and stood on the table and chair and shoved her foot in Marie's face to show her and Marie told her to bug off because she hadn't shaved her legs. she's so quirky and fun and I am so glad I went in the end. My photo is under cut because of size and my face and hair blocked out because I don't like me in any photos enough to show the world. (also sorry this is longer than I thought it would be but there are some things I didn't include because of personal conversation but I hope this is enough!)

Spoiler:

you're lovely
never change
Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Supreme Fan

That's so awesome, Belle! I'm so glad you had a good experience. And it sounds like they're both really cool. I would love to meet Jess, she sounds like a really fun and unique person
Old 04-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Belle, wow, that sounds like a great experience. I'm so happy for you, I know you were really nervous, so I'm glad you were able to go and meet them.