Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CLARKE IS SO GAYYYYYY, that is all.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

My first thought after that scene was you, Becks.

You know what I really love about these two, though? While this scene shows that Clarke is not over Lexa (because she goes straight to her drawing and all), Niylah is not once dismissive of Clarke's love and grief for Lexa. She respects and acknowledges it, while being comforting.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm having mixed feelings now

Yeah I wanted hot Ciylah sex, but they mixed it with Clexa and it messes with my heart

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Okay so now that I have had time to properly mull over my thoughts, I'm editing my post in it's entirety to jot them down more clearly.

It's no secret that when Clarke has looked for physical comfort in the past, she sought out Niylah, and many see this as wrong, but we hear Niylah openly admit she knows that this is all Clarke needs, and that's what she's there for. That reasoning and wording has me a bit iffed, because I just don't want Niylah to be seen and treated as an object, for lack of better words. She has this physical connection with Niylah, that she doesn't have with anyone else (yes, yes, Finn, and Lexa, but this is different now), so I think for her to go to her, and to have asked her to stay, somewhat implies that Clarke doesn't see nor want this to just be a one time thing. Clarke wants to protect Niylah, and clearly cares deeply for her, and Niylah in return encourages Clarke to keep pushing on, and backs that up by Lexa and her memory being the inspiration - Clarke's "motivation." Their dynamic may be seen as unhealthy and wrong in ways, but it's the little things in the sense that Niylah is not dismissive, she acknowledges what's there in front of her, she's not afraid to dig deeper and push Clarke to being open, she respects where Clarke's head and heart is at.

In short them sleeping together was not random, because we know what Clarke does and how she deals with things when she wants to forget for a little while - she seeks physical comfort, and who better than Niylah, given their friendship/connection/past/understanding of one another?

God I am trying so hard to word this in a respectful way without looking like I'm objectifying one or the other or trying to upset anyone.

ETA: New interview today from TV Line where Eliza spoke on this episode, with Niylah mentions:

Quote:
Of course, the hour wasn’t a total bust — certainly not for Clarke, who got to squeeze in some serious pillow time with Niylah. But don’t go putting a label on the ladies’ relationship just yet.
“They’re really good friends,” Taylor says of Clarke and Niylah. “They’ve been through a lot, and they find comfort in one another. I think it’s as simple as that, and it’s kind of beautiful.”

As for Niylah telling Clarke how proud Lexa would have been of her, Taylor says she thinks it’s “nice for Clarke to hear, and it’s not strange. … Niylah really understands how much Clarke loved her.”

‘The 100’ Recap: Season 4 Episode 6 — Clarke, Niylah’s Relationship | TVLine
(trimmed the article just to keep the parts relevant to this thread, there's more though)

Last edited by hedawanheda; 03-15-2017 at 11:50 PM
Old 03-16-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see the problem really, they're both adults if they want to have sex with each other then that's their own business. Yeah Clarke may be seeking comfort in Niylah, but Niylah is free spirited, she said she wanted nothing more than that moment.

But I do agree that Clarke does care about Niylah and it wasn't random at all. And let's be honest, Clarke needs to get some and I'm glad it's with a FEMALE! Cause I ship Clarke/gayness and QUEERClarke is my fave

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

I love how much you love queer Clarke. We need more big fans like you. It's refreshing.

Jessica Harmon interview today, here are the Niylarke mentions:

Quote:
I imagine there’ll be lots of talk about ‘Niylarke’ in the fandom post-4×06, and I’d love to get some insight from you in terms of Niylah’s state of mind. First of all, what went through your head when you read the script and saw that Clarke and Niylah got together again?

I love Niylarke, so I’ll always live on that ship! Their relationship is a mature one that’s based on mutual respect. What love there is, or could be beyond that… we’ll have to wait to see!

What do you think Niylah feels for Clarke at this point in time?

Respect and love.

Clarke is clearly still grieving for Lexa, and Niylah senses that. She seems nothing but supportive of Clarke, but is a part of her bothered that she doesn’t have her heart?

I don’t think Niylah would ever be bothered by someone’s love for another, especially knowing Clarke’s feelings for Lexa. I don’t believe she’d ever get in the way of that, again it’s her respect for others that takes priority.

Do you think under different circumstances (or these circumstances!) the two could develop a lasting relationship?

There is always a possibility! Time will tell.

'The 100's' Jessica Harmon talks Niylah's season 4 return (exclusive)
Old 03-16-2017, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Niylah is so lucky, I wish I had sex with Clarke... Twice

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-17-2017, 02:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

If they cannot leave Clarke alone and without a love interest for more than some episodes I would like her better with Niylah than with most of the other options that are discussed in the fandom. And I could see her better with a grounder than a sky person to represent that she is at home in both worlds and to represent the unification of both worlds, but for this the young leader of the sky people and the young leader of the grounder was the ideal pairing and that is over. But I still cannot see her romantically with someone from the sky people to to be honest.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lexa will always be her epic love for me, but if I had to settle for somebody else, I do agree a grounder would be ideal and I guess Niylah would bet the perfect candidate considering their history and they're actually building it up so it isn't random.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-26-2017, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balista (View Post)
If they cannot leave Clarke alone and without a love interest for more than some episodes I would like her better with Niylah than with most of the other options that are discussed in the fandom. And I could see her better with a grounder than a sky person to represent that she is at home in both worlds and to represent the unification of both worlds, but for this the young leader of the sky people and the young leader of the grounder was the ideal pairing and that is over. But I still cannot see her romantically with someone from the sky people to to be honest.
I agree with all of this, very well said. I really like what you said about the sense of being at home and unification of both worlds. I struggle to see Clarke have a romantic relationship with another sky person, I wish I could but I've tried and watched this way and that way but I don't feel it... I guess I more see them too much as family now. if anything other than just "her people".

So... Spacewalkers 2 Con this weekend, Jessica Harmon apparently said "I like Niylah... and I like a naked Eliza Taylor." and she also mentioned that she feels Niylah doesn't request or ask anything of Clarke (ie: relationship), because she knows how strong her feelings for Lexa are.

you're lovely
never change
Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)
I don't see the problem really, they're both adults if they want to have sex with each other then that's their own business. Yeah Clarke may be seeking comfort in Niylah, but Niylah is free spirited, she said she wanted nothing more than that moment.
I'm glad to see her seeking comfort in Niylah even for a brief moment. It's clear that they both care for each other and just enjoyed the moment for what it was, and I'm glad that she has that in Niylah. And I don't think Niylah is under any perception about where this relationship is heading so I don't feel like she's being used in that sense.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 03-29-2017 at 06:53 AM
Old 04-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Sarah
Old 04-01-2017, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
“They’re really good friends,” Taylor says of Clarke and Niylah. “They’ve been through a lot, and they find comfort in one another. I think it’s as simple as that, and it’s kind of beautiful.
Loved reading all your thoughts on this everyone

I am a bit puzzled to see some people struggling with this relationship or describing it as unhealthy. I respect everyone's opinion of course but I have no issues with this whatsoever. They are both consenting adults, they both know exactly what they're in it for. Clarke seeking physical comfort with people seems a natural thing for me. Her life since coming to the ground has been almost nothing but pain and brutality, so if she can find happiness and closeness with Niylah, I think that's wonderful.

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 04-01-2017, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Her life since coming to the ground has been almost nothing but pain and brutality, so if she can find happiness and closeness with Niylah, I think that's wonderful.
Yes
Old 04-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's wonderful to have someone like that in your life you can run to.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M