Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

This family was too close to allow a member to get that close to a hunter. The only way it works is if he was pushing away and they let him, but he started getting to himself and they were too relieved about that to notice the reason.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It's so sad, so much could've been avoided, and reading fics of them going back in time always break my heart but I need more Hales in my life. They could tell Derek that none of what happened was his fault.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Forever crying that Laura never knew about DK and was never able to understand his guilt and misery.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Yes! That was what broke my heart the most. Derek already felt that guit, and Laura just not understanding why so no matter what she'd say he wouldn't believe her and the pain is real.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yep. He's feel more of a burden. Didn't want her to know it was "his fault." Even though she would NEVER think that.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Stupid Kate ruining everything.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I do love that no matter what type of fic, 90% of what I've read still includes Kate in his past somehow. Because she's so instrumental in making Derek the way he is.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Yeah, I feel like the fics where she doesn't feature, it's a very OOC Derek. Not that I mind that in fics because sometimes it works to have a happier, more free of mind Derek, but she does feature a lot . Like when you compare it with the amount of times Paige is featured, that's a lot less.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yeah, when there's been no Kate and alive!Hales it's a little strange because he usually is happier and different. Still Derek, but not our Derek.

I've read a handful of daddy!Derek fics where Jennifer is the mother but she's not in the picture.

But Paige rarely shows up or is mentioned. Kate's just more integral to his past. just like most of the time, Stiles's mother is dead. it's part of his character.

Not gonna lie, I need more Kate-was-pregnant fics. I've read like two, and they're FANTASTIC. Just that Kate's dead and Derek finds out.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Myeah, Paige is more the cathalyst that led Derek to Kate which was the beginning of the end, and Jennifer was a point in Derek's life where he needed to re-evaluate his choices and how he looked at the world. So I get that Paige often gets 'forgotten'. And I agree, I don't think there's a single fic I've read where Claudia isn't dead unless it plays a major part in the story later (or is just a little drabble and they wanted a complete Stilinski/Hale family party).
Old 11-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I know people are all "oh no! another female to create derek's manpain" when 3x06 happened. Okay. But also, Paige is so important and necessary and their relationship EXPLAINS HOW DEREK WAS VULNERABLE TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO KATE'S CLUTCHES. HOW HIS FAMILY DIDN'T NOTICE. That's what people need to look at. Not another "dead female." If Derek as withdrawing and his family let him have space, and then he was starting to smile and come back, they wouldn't have looked too closer, I believe, so they wouldn't have noticed Kate.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

If people don't understand Paige... How do they explain Kate? Because it's known that Derek wasn't this dark before the fire, so why would this have happened? Do they just seem it as a flaw in the writing?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

That's a great point. Because the more we learned about Derek's family/pack, the more confused I got on HOW Kate was able to get to Derek. And then 3x06 happened and it was just...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS MAKES EVERYTHING MAKE SENSE!

I just don't get how people can brush aside Paige and her impact.

I GET GET GET that people hate the BLUE EYES aspect of the story. But that's different than Derek/Paige -> Derek/Kate. They are two SEPARATE pieces.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

People hate the blue aspect of the eyes? I respected Derek a great deal for it. He understood what would happen, and did it for her, not him. And he still carries that guilt, even though he really shouldn't. Personally I thought it was quite beautiful.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I think it's because they just assumed that blue was for born. But then Colton left and they had to "fix it" and explain why Derek has blue eyes. Why Jackson would also have blue eyes when all the other turned wolves had yellow.

I think it all still makes sense. It's just more of Derek's guilt and how he's living with it. Doesn't have to be rational. And, yes, it was a mercy kill, but it still makes sense!