Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

'Stranger Things' Casting Director Still Searching for Talent for "Challenging" Season 3
Old 09-24-2018, 05:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Jake Busey ON HIS ROLE IN 'STRANGER THINGS'

ComicBook.com: you're going to be appearing in the third season of Stranger Things and I have read that your character is described as a Journalist with questionable morals and a sick sense of humor. Tell me a little bit about that character and what that looks like against the 1980's setting.
Jake Busey:
Oh, well...I'm a journalist and I work for the Hawkins Newspaper and in the 80's if you'll remember, woman in the corporate workplace were kind of still a little bit of a new thing and there was still a lot of that old boys club...There was some misogyny at work in the workplace. There was man-makes, locker room humor jokes right in front of the ladies and a lot of times the men back then would, you know, they were a little condescending toward woman. I think Dolly Parton in 9 to 6...That movie was a big success in the 80's because it was a movie about woman in the workplace and how they got **** upon by their bosses, you know. This character embodied that aspect of life in the 80's a little bit and it shows that a little bit of just how far we've come in 30 years and how much better off we are and how much our culture in America has changed.

ON PREPARING FOR 'STRANGER THINGS' (AND NOT GIVING AWAY SPOILERS!)
ComicBook.com: You mentioned the movie 9 to 5, have you been watching any 80's workplace type of movies to prepare for the role or how have you prepared for the role?
Jake Busey
: You know, I haven't consciously been watching any movies like 9 to 5. The writing was on the page and I was 15 in 1985 so I vividly remember how the old brass works. I remember the old...I kinda grew up with the adult men behaving that way. It was pretty easy. I mean, my character was basically, it was just...It was fraternity, it was like frat boy juvenile humor which we all see, unfortunately, all too much out in the world and on Twitter and other places. It wasn't that hard to replicate given that there's so many examples out there in the world.

Personally, it was a bit of a stretch. I have a wife and a daughter who my life centers around and so I have a great deal of respect for the females and the life of the female. My wife is a working make-up artist and my daughter has aspirations of being a singer and an actor. The character of Bruce in Stranger Things certainly is a stretch from who I am as a person but it was easy to play because there's so much research out there in the world for us to see...Sort of archetypal character. It was fun. The writing was good and I understood the point with the writing and thankfully...Well, Oops, I can't say that. That might be a spoiler.

ON BEING A 'STRANGER THINGS' SUPER FAN
ComicBook.com: Were you a fan of Stranger Things before getting the role?
Jake Busey
: Absolutely! I was a hook, line, and sinker dork-a-fan. I was super fan, like, this was a show that was a show that other people got to do. This was a show that cool people got to do. This was not a show that I would ever get to do. This is not a show that I would ever be hired on to now. When the offer came in, I was literally just blown away. I didn't even believe it was true and I'm still pinching myself thinking I'm dreaming to this day. It's really one of those things that I just...I'm just so thankful. I'm thankful that they wrote the role for me and I hope that it continues forever but I know that they're not going to continue so forth but it's been really fun.

Interview: Jake Busey Talks 'The Predator' and 'Stranger Things'
Old 10-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Cara Buono Teases “Stranger Things” Season 3 And Discusses Her Role In Matthew Weiner’s New Anthology
Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Cara Buono Previews Her 'Romanoffs' Role & Teases an 'Even Scarier' Third Season of 'Stranger Things'

We know Stranger Things is in production. Is there anything you can tease about Season 3?

We can never say anything, we’re still filming right now, we’re getting towards the end of filming season 3. It comes out next year. I feel like it’s gonna be, I think, even scarier and I think the fans are just going to be blown away by what transpires. I don’t think they could even imagine what’s coming.

The Netflix series is gearing up for Season 3.

Your character had one of the funniest moments in Season 2 with Dacre Montgomery’s Billy. Do you hope to see more of that next year?

That scene was such a fun surprise for me last season and when I got the script, I said, ‘Oh this is interesting it never would have occurred to me.’ We had so much fun shooting it and I think that there was such a tremendous reaction from all the fans. I always joke that Karen Wheeler doesn’t really leave the house except for funerals or to deliver a casserole. Hopefully, Karen Wheeler comes out of the house a little bit more [in Season 3], and kind of sees what’s going on in Hawkins a little bit more.

Yeah, sometimes she's a little oblivious to what's going on.

A little bit oblivious? She is completely oblivious to what’s going on inside her house and in town. But when we think about ‘80s and the parents back then... kids had more freedom and they were doing things and they were out and hopefully they came home for dinner or after school.

There wasn’t a way to track anybody. I mean, [Stranger Things] does take it to an extreme but I justify it in my mind that she’s usually drinking wine. By the time the night time comes and there’s maybe people sneaking out of the bedrooms or inside the basement, that she’s maybe had a little too much to drink and doesn’t hear anything.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Celebrate Stranger Things Day With Some Season 3 Scoop
Old 11-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

I´m trying to stay away from spoilers but it´s hard .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 11-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

especially since we still have so far to go
Old 11-09-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆ (View Post)
I´m trying to stay away from spoilers but it´s hard .
really? I'll take anything at this point

Old 11-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

It´s not easy thanks to Tumblr .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 11-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

that is true
Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I got more spoilers throw at my face today .
This time so BTS and it looks like the finale episode for S3 .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

damn I haven't heard anything

Old 11-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

I just saw pictures, i have no idea what´s going on either .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Closed Thread   Post New Thread