Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode 8: Chapter Eight: The Battle of Starcourt - Episode Discussion

Stranger Things
Season 3 Episode 8

Terror reigns in the food court when the Mind Flayer comes to collect. But down below, in the dark, the future of the world is at stake.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 07-05-2019 at 10:30 AM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I'e ever been more distressed than during this finale

Hopper.....WHY GOD WHY

the ending was so bittersweet with the Byers and El moving away and Hopper's speech...what a tearjerker

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I really like how Hopper's sacrifice mirrors Bob's from last season ... The glimpse of happiness with Joyce shared by the two men suddenly gone when they do the right thing

Cannot get over the fact that the Jancy scene in my icon is their ACTUAL FINAL 3RD SEASON SCENE Charlie's and Natalia's tears gave me all the feels.

Billy's death was acted well, but I cannot get on board with the redemption plot or with Max grieving for him. Maybe I'll change eventually, but saving El's life doesn't erase the bad things he did last season

Murray is awesome. That is all

Oh and Joyce parenting El is a sweet touch. I wanna see El/Jonathan/Will bonding in S4
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

i cannot believe they killed off HOPPER.. what is wrong with these writers. why would they do that to us?

dustin singing never ending story was the best
although i did enjoy lucas and max teasing him about it.

loved the jancy scenes

hope el gets her powers back soon

love el telling mike that she loved him too
Old 07-05-2019, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda still have hope bc of the post credit scene. those Russians were talking about an American prisoner, maybe it's Hopper???? I need to believe

I'm not sure about Billy's being redeemed either. he was such a terrible person regardless of everything but I'm kinda okay with this bc he saved El and that is very important

Mike and El have matured so much this season. I was kinda sad Mike didn't have the courage to say the "L" word to El's face but she heard it when he talked it about anyways, so maybe one day he'll do it. loved that she reassured him about her feelings though he was totally shook too

Old 07-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Here's What Hopper Wrote in His Letter to Eleven in Stranger Things 3

Stranger Things 3 Credits Scene Explained
Old 07-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No Hopper why!!??

This was a great season but I’m just so sad about Hopper. Joyce finally agreed to go on that damn date. I like that Eleven and Max are finally friends. I like the focus on relationships and stuff. Love Steve and Dustin they are so awesome. Was hoping Robin was at least bi. I’m glad that Billy sacrificed himself to save El. Not in anyway makes up for what he’s done but he saved El.

I hope that the American prisoner is Hop. Even though I think it’s too good to be true. I was wondering if he could have gotten stuck on the other side of the gate and next season will be them trying to get him. I just will not believe he is dead I cried. A lot.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i refuse to believe that he is dead. i need JOPPER to happen next season

joyce already lost bob, she cant lose hopper too.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's really devastating and El just got a dad not long ago and now she lost him too IT'S NOT FAIR!!

Old 07-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Sorry to be morbid but I hope he is dead. Otherwise, grieving over him was all a trick and it's just one of those annoying dupes. I don't like it when TV shows pull the "oh wait, he's not dead after all" trick. (And I say this as a Hopper fan)

Also, I didn't appreciate the Jancy 2x06 love scene score being used in the Mileven "I love you too" moment Sorry to be petty but I hear that music and think of Jancy
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

My emotions are shattered
EL moving with the beyers / the letter/ hopper & billy
lucas giving his sister the donations from el and mike
the gang not being together makes my heart shatter all over again
lonelyheartx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:00 PM
New Fan

I loved this season despite some flaws here and there. The character arcs, story and dynamics were so amazing I am so sad that I already finished it. I wished there could have been like 15 more episodes. I could so watch more about the interactions and humor between these characters and of course seeing all the awesome 80s moments. I miss those days a lot!!

The characters showed more maturity this season and growth. The struggle between the child and teenager stages of the gang was really well written for the limited time there was. I wish there was more development even but overall many of the characters have grown organically.

The mall setting was a stroke of genius and really brings in a new awesome design element and rich setting for the show’s action/adventure scenes

Steve Harrington’s moment where he rethinks/reprocesses his liking of Robin was superb writing. He has grown so much as a character. The acting of that entire scene and their relationship in general was such amazing television to watch. I love what they are doing with new characters and how they are handling Steve’s character. I can’t say the same for Jonathan and Nancy as much but they do get some neat moments here and there but they clearly to me weren’t given as much focus which is a good thing I think

Cinematography, VGX, production design, music - all of the production values and shot compositions were movie level. This was so so well constructed and felt modern and 80s at the same time. It paid respect to current and past visual aesthetics in such creative ways.

I really didn’t want the season to just have 8 eps. I could have done with several more!!
Magevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I really like how Hopper's sacrifice mirrors Bob's from last season ... The glimpse of happiness with Joyce shared by the two men suddenly gone when they do the right thing
I still have hope that Hopper is alive. Who is the American that the Russians have? It could be Hopper. No body, no death. His letter to El and Mike was really beautiful.

Quote:
Billy's death was acted well, but I cannot get on board with the redemption plot or with Max grieving for him. Maybe I'll change eventually, but saving El's life doesn't erase the bad things he did last season
I agree.

Quote:
Murray is awesome. That is all
Agree.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

WOW @ that episode. THAT WAS SO GOOD. Definitely the best of the season but probably of all the ST episodes? Maybe? Idk, it was so good.

I cried so hard over Hopper and the letter at the end. I dont think he is actually dead though. From the minute they showed Joyce looking and there was no body, idk, I got a vibe he wasnt really dead. And his letter to El it said "I'm stuck in a cave and i feel so far from you" and I felt like that was sort of foreshadowing that hes still out there. I thought he was maybe in the underground somehow, but then the ending clip in Russia says "not the American" so maybe he is there? IDK, I have hope though. The scenes with Hopper/Eleven and Hopper/Mike and Hopper/Joyce were so good though. I love love loved the scene where Joyce asked Hopper on a date, that was adorable. Of course we dont get what we want.

I love that Eleven was injured in this episode and that she "lost" her powers (i too think they will be back) because it meant she couldnt save the day, and we had to rely on the others and I loved that. I wish that Will had a bigger part in the episodes but I guess thats more of a selfish reason because I love Will and I love the actor too.

It was cute that they ended up giving Erica the game. I hope we see her playing it with her friends and they can kinda tie it around to the pilot. The scenes with Erica were phenomenal this episode, she is such a great character. She is so funny. I loved her bantering with that Murray.

Dustin was great too, I love that Susie was real. The whole singing scene was SO CRINGEY and odd though. But still funny. I also thought Mike/Eleven were cute, even though I dont ship them. Glad they worked things out. The I love You's imo are a bit fast though, especially seeing they are so young but whatever. El reading the letter from Hopper at the end was so cute. I also love that she is living with Joyce now. I love the idea of getting some will/eleven brother/sister scenes next season!

Steve and Robin were great, in the small moments that we had. Not too much to do in the finale, which was fine because they were so prominent all season. I did enjoy the little clip of them 3 months into the future at the movie rental store, that was cute. I hope Robin meets a new girl there next season.

Jancy were also really cute. So glad they survived the season. Wish Steve and Jonathan could interact more but oh well. The goodbye scene with Jancy was so cute but sad.

BILLY. SFSFSDFDSF. I actually cried during his scenes too and I didnt expect that. I wanted him to die since we first met him tbh, but I actually felt bad for him in this episode because he was taken and used and never got to truly redeem himself in any way. I did love that Eleven reminded him of that last memory of his mother though when he was happy, and then we also got to see Max and her reaction to it. How sad, but I think it was fitting for his character.

I thought it was a good place to end it because now they can do a bigger time jump and we wont feel like we missed too much? When Joyce decides to come back to town I think that is when we will start season 3 and I think it'll make it a lot of sense. I am thinking maybe Jonathan and Nancy will be broken up though maybe because of the distance? Just because I think they will want to have another ship to sort of work towards.

I really feel though like season 4 has to be the final season? The kids are getting older and i feel like its a perfect season to really wrap everything up. Eleven getting her powers back, Jancy moving out together and becoming real adults. Steve finding love finally. Perhaps Will too. Getting Hopper back, defeating that creature once and for all, and Eleven getting her powers back. Or I guess they can try to do all of that in 2 more seasons but idk, I want it to end on a high note. lol. Glad we have 25 episodes now though and I plan to rewatch maybe in 2020 as we wait for the next one lol.

All in all I think this seasons was almost good as season 1 and definitely better than season 2. I just felt so much more while watching it then I did with the other seasons, but I think that season 1 is just classic, so its hard to really beat and I loved the kids being so young. But love that this show is good all the way through and there is never a bad episode.

Last edited by Alexa; 07-07-2019 at 05:40 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Sorry to be morbid but I hope he is dead. Otherwise, grieving over him was all a trick and it's just one of those annoying dupes. I don't like it when TV shows pull the "oh wait, he's not dead after all" trick. (And I say this as a Hopper fan)

Also, I didn't appreciate the Jancy 2x06 love scene score being used in the Mileven "I love you too" moment Sorry to be petty but I hear that music and think of Jancy
I don't agree. I think that the reunion could be just as emotional and powerful, if not more so, definitely if the writers write it well.

Plus El and Joyce deserve to have him back. If he's dead Joyce will never found love again (not after having a ****ty marriage where her husband walked out on her leaving her to raise two children on her own and having two men she loved die in front of her with a maybe a year apart, that's just brutal). Of course El has Joyce now and she could be happy without a father but it's always nicer and better to have two parents instead of just one and the more people who love her and look out for her the better - especially after all the misery she endured.

Hopper also deserves a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
WOW @ that episode. THAT WAS SO GOOD. Definitely the best of the season but probably of all the ST episodes? Maybe? Idk, it was so good.

I cried so hard over Hopper and the letter at the end. I dont think he is actually dead though. From the minute they showed Joyce looking and there was no body, idk, I got a vibe he wasnt really dead. And his letter to El it said "I'm stuck in a cave and i feel so far from you" and I felt like that was sort of foreshadowing that hes still out there. I thought he was maybe in the underground somehow, but then the ending clip in Russia says "not the American" so maybe he is there?
There not being a body makes sense as he would have been turned into "pink mist", there would be nothing left of him to identify or bury if he was standing next to the machine. But the thing is, he wasn't there. There is no death scene, his alleged death happened off-screen. Usually (not always of course) when that happens the character isn't dead. I did think he was the American too initially but now I'm more convinced he's in the Upside Down. Also Joyce looked away - which is perfectly natural, no one would want to see that - but there could be another reason:she wouldn't see him go to the portal.

Last edited by TheSensibleOne; 07-07-2019 at 05:44 AM Reason: Added more
TheSensibleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread