Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 12:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Stranger Things ▪ S02E02 ▪ Chapter Two: Trick or Treat Freak ▪ Episode Discussion

Chapter Two: Trick or Treat Freak
Episode Discussion
Air Date - October 27, 2017

Episode Description:
After Will sees something terrible on trick-or-treat night, Mike wonders whether Eleven's still out there. Nancy wrestles with the truth about Barb.

Basic Rules:
↬ Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
↬ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
↬ No character/actor bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
↬ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
↬ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
↬ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-27-2017 at 10:33 AM
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

seeing nancy drunk was crazy. watching her tell steve off like that. i actually felt bad for him.

it was nice that jonathan took nancy home and tucked her into bed

im glad will told mike about the upside down world and how he feels he is stuck between the two worlds.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was a good episode, I liked it better than the premiere I think!

I love the halloween setting this episode, it was fun and fitting for the show. I wonder if we will get to Christmas again like last season? And I also love all the 80's music, it just makes me want to go back to the 80's.

Love that we got some flashbacks to Eleven escaping the upside down world, but I am still very confused. She ran to hide in the woods.... how did Hopper find her and how did he know she was alive. Why was he feeding her waffles in that little box if he was just going to hide her in his house? Was that just to wait it out until it was safe for her to come there? Also, how did she manage to survive? Do the test subjects have like 9 lives or something? lol... I hope they answer those questions later on. I felt so bad for Eleven having to be locked up in there and not being able to tell anyone where she is! I hope that changes soon. Her trying to communicate with Mike was sad.

I like that we are seeing Nancy feel some sadness over Barb's death but I can't really help but think it feels just a bit too late? I mean last season, immediately after she died, we barely got any sadness from her. But I guess we are to assume that Nancy was distracted with trying to find Will. I'm not sure I am a fan of Steve/Nancy as a couple. I think they are just on different pages. Steve tries to sweep things under the rug. I do think he's showing a really sweet and caring side when it comes to her. I like that he didn't want her to drink too much. And that he was hurt when she said she didn't love him. But I think I'd rather they just stay friends.

Jonathan continues to be amazing. I love that he let his brother go trick r treat on his own. And when he took Nancy home.. That was so sweet. Those two need to kiss soon.

The kids dressing up as the ghost busters was great and I love that no one else at school dressed up. Max seems okay, but IDK. I don't think they really need another girl in the group tbh. And her brother REALLY sucks. What a jerk. I know he's gonna cause problems for everyone. I just hope Nancy doesn't rebel and start hanging out with him. I also loved the Will and Mike scene at the end, that was as nice moment with them just talking about whats going on and how they can be crazy together.

Not sure what this new creature is and if its the same one that Hopper was investigating but it looks creepy. Are we assuming it escaped from the underground? When will we see 08 again? Maybe at the end of the season? I wonder if she will tie into the storyline at all or create a new one.

Another twist ending... WHAT THE HECK DID DUSTIN FIND.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It breaks my heart with Jonathan, he is always there for Nancy.

It's so obvious that this new creature from the otherworld is a Demegorgon. Like why is Dusty not seeing this?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jonathon was sweet but I do feel bad for Steve. It's reason a million I am not a love triangle person.

Love the sweet moment of will and Mike. I did like the el and chief scenes too.

I do think Nancy cared about barb in s1 it's the reason she joined forces with Jonathon in s1. Nancy didn't feel concern for Will until she teamed up with jonathon and everyone else. Her motivation was Barb. It was the narrative function of barb to bring Nancy and later Steve into the story

Last edited by fox24; 11-06-2017 at 07:30 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My rewatch continues! Firstly, I want to say that Millie is sooo good at shouting/screaming her emotions. She really has that down! It was lucky that Eleven was able to get out of the upside down so quickly. I do wonder what would have happened had she been stuck there longer, but luckily we don't need to find out! Filming the gooey portal scene must have been gross And I find, upon another watch, that I'm still not certain if Mike sensed Eleven or saw her outside the window? He must have at least sensed her, right? Why else would he have been staring so diligently out that window?

"We don't take risks they're stupid and we're not stupid." This is a case where I really understand the points of views of both characters. Hopper knows There are people out there who want Eleven and she is in a dangerous position of being caught if they're not careful. Eleven on the other hand is suffocating in that house which is, even with good intentions, a lowkey prison. So their opposition is a natural one. I love the way Hopper described compromise as being halfway happy. That's a fantastic definition

The Ghostbusters costumes were soooo cute! Even cuter was the way all the moms were fawning over them which they should! Because I was under the impression they had a lot to do with making them so you go ladies! Also we were introduced to Lucas's little sister Erika who is so sassy Even funnier, and awkward, was them all rolling up to school and realizing nobody else dressed up in costume. And they were wondering when everyone decided not to do it anymore. ah, adolescence. I also liked that Mike and Lucas fought over which Ghostbuster they were. It brought about a brief, but interesting, talk about race and assumptions that were made. And cutie pie Will was just like "Why can't there be two?" Honestly, listen to the little nugget. Another interesting thing was getting a snapshot of Hopper and Joyce's past and how they used to smoke between classes. Just goes to show how far back they go!

The scene between Nancy and Steve laid out pretty well why their situation is so tricky and why they can't just go around telling people, like Barb's parents, what truly happened to her. If they did they would be putting themselves and potentially their own families at risk. This is another situation where both sides of the arguments can be understood. Nancy wants to tell Barb's parents who are about to spend all their money and time forever looking for their forever lost daughter and she wants to bring them peace. Steve knows that telling them can bring a lot of harm to a lot of other people. Super tricky! I loooove the way Dustin just smiled and said "...Yes" when Max called him presumptuous and then had a mini swear attack when he realized that might not be a good word

We get a much bigger taste of how unhinged Billy is and also how abusive he is toward Max. To the point where he is speeding, screaming at her, and she has to grab hold of the wheel so he doesn't hit the boys. Would he have swerved without her help? I like to think so, but the dude is completely out of his mind and it's evident he uses Max as the puppy to kick and vent his frustrations on. Not a good relationship at all! A much cuter relationship is Joyce and Bob, who now hurts my heart whenever I see him. I remember initially being suspicious of how nice he was and now I know better and get to look back and watch his little vampire self be precious

The Three Musketeers candy bar debate was so hilarious Mike takes over this season as being the one who isn't cool with someone new, particularly a girl, joining their party. I loved Dustin and Caleb saying "totally tubular" and making Max laugh. I also love how Will continues to be the adorable voice of reason when Mike was pouting about how they should have checked with him before inviting Max and Will was all "They were excited and thought you'd be okay with it." I think perhaps it's easier for Will to see reason in situations like this, and with the costume issue, because he has been to the upside down and gets paralyzed with fear when he thinks he's back in it. Plus he's being haunted by a large shadow monster so stuff like this really doesn't seem like a big deal in comparison.

I would like to dub Eleven and Will as the queen and king of screaming Mike's name in desperation. "If we're going crazy then we'll go crazy together." Mike is so soft for Will! He really is super gentle and understanding with him. I really enjoyed the scene they shared together.

Nancy and Steve at the party. There's a lot going on there. Firstly, it was clear that Nancy did not want to be there and play pretend for a night. Secondly, she has been harboring guilt over the role she believes she and Steve played in Barb's death. It's obviously not their faults, but it's natural for someone to find ways to place blame on themselves when these types of tragedies happen. So she starts drinking and from the first sip she takes Steve shows concern over the drinking and she shows annoyance toward him because, hey, isn't this what he wanted for the night? I wanted to point out that the part where a drink accidentally gets spilled on her was a bit extra! I mean everyone stopping and looking and gasping when it happens? Come on The bathroom scene was hard to watch and a bit unfair on Nancy's part. Steve had some truths laid on him that were heartbreaking for him and honestly Nancy just doesn't like or appreciate the way he is dealing with everything that has happened. He's dealing with it DIFFERENTLY than her which is not to say he doesn't care, but clearly his way of coping is not what she wants and doesn't help her. I felt bad for Steve.

So Hopper was late and thus received the silent treatment though he tried to entice Eleven with candy It didn't work since she was too busy trying to reach Mike. It was so sweet yet painful to watch her see him and hear him, but not be able to be with him and could only watch him walk away and disappear. Also we learned this episode that her survival skills are no joke. The girl will fling a squirrel into a tree and eat it if need be. Not something she is necessarily proud of, but she can tough it.

Something is shaking up Dustin's trash can. Luckily he has his Ghosbusters gear

Wow I really wrote a novel here my bad
Old 08-17-2019, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

The boys dressing up as the ghost busters was so funny. Erica is hilarious. And no on else dressed up haha. The whole Halloween theme in the episode was fun.

Hopper and Joyce used to smoke between classes?

Steve is really sweet this season and his words to Nancy were adorable, its so obvious how much he likes her and its sad that she doesnt really feel the same way. She was acting a bit crazy, but its understandable.

Max was ok this episode. Her relationship with her brother is sad, he clearly abuses her emotionally. And almost running over the boys was nuts.

The Will/Mike convo was super adorable, I love their friendship and wish we got more of it.

The ending with Dustin was great.

All in all this episode wasnt all that exciting to me, and so far season 2 is going how I expected it to..
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread