Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Stranger Things ▪ S02E01 ▪ Chapter One: Madmax ▪ Episode Discussion

Chapter One: Madmax
Episode Discussion
Air Date - October 27, 2017

Episode Description:
As the town preps for Halloween, a high-scoring rival shakes things up at the arcade, and a skeptical Hopper inspects a field of rotting pumpkins.

Basic Rules:
↬ Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
↬ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
↬ No character/actor bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
↬ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
↬ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
↬ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-27-2017 at 10:28 AM
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

God I missed this show. The 80’s vibe just makes me so happy.

So we meet 8 which is awesome. I knew they were gonna bring someone else from Eleven’s world into the show.

Poor Will having to deal with these weird upside-down world flashes. That would be scary.

Who the hell is the new guy? The stache and the mullet, I can’t.

Nancy and Steve were sort of cute but I felt bad for Jonathan when he saw them kissing and then just walked away.

I liked seeing the photo of Barb and the breakdown.

WTF AT THE END THERE. I knew Eleven would be back but I didnt expect to see her like that. Why is Hopper keeping her a secret? How did she get back!

In general I felt the episode was just a bit slow but it was the first one back so I will try to let it go. Hopefully the others will move quicker (and i think they will.)

I wanted to watch more but have early days Friday and Saturday so I will bing Saturday night/Sunday! Can’t wait.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

How cool was that beginning ? It was also nice to see Eleven isn´t the only one with powers .

I miss the kids .

Poor Will . That was so freaking scary .

It was nice to see barb being mentioned but lol at that guy that thought she was taken by Russian spies. Oh boy if he knew.

Nancy helping out Steve aww .

I love Scorpions and it was nice to hear them on the show .

Joyce ! I was not expecting that !

I´m glad to see that things haven´t changed between Nancy and Jonathan .

The Doctor calling “Mom” And “Pop” to Joyce and Hopper during Will´s appointment .

The Doctor telling Joyce the bad guys were gone. As if no one was listening to his talk with Will or there wasn´t an entire lab still there.

Hopper asking Joyce how things were between her and Bob. I want these two to get together so bad .

I feel sorry for Barb´s family .

Now we know why Nancy was crying in the bathroom .

Mike trying to contact Eleven and he thought it was her replying .

Jonathan is a wonderful brother .

That spider monster freaks me out .

Eleven ! Finally ! She looks so cute with those curls .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Stranger Things: Who Is Eight? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

i liked that hopper went with joyce to will's appt. they seem like they have grown close over the last year.

not trusting dr. owen;s.

and omg was not expecting that ending with eleven and hopper.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-27-2017 at 10:31 AM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jonathan is so sweet. I love the brother moments with Will.

I think Eleven kinda looks like Joyce with the curls actually.

I think Hopper and Joyce will get together later on, maybe not this season though.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still need to watch s2!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

what are you waiting for, get it on Quin
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why yes I do have "Whip It" stuck in my head

So like many I binge watched season two as quickly as I could and it was amazing! But now I'm going to be watching the season again much more slowly this time. I'm sure there's plenty I missed and it's going to be amazing to relive it all over again

The season started in an ultra mysterious way by introducing Kali and seeing her tat, her nose bleed, and her really cool power! I'm glad they showed someone else who went through experiments. Obviously there are at least 9 others apart from Kali and Eleven. It makes me wonder what other kinds of powers have been given to kids.

I love how differently Mike treats Will as opposed to his other friends. He is so sweet and gentle with him Do they have a thread?

So the new characters! Bob was a goober right from the start. After he and Joyce had some fun in the back closet at her workplace he mentioned movie night and how it was Jonathan's turn to pick and said "Tell Jonathan not to pick anything scary. I hate scary movies." which is a line that hit me very differently during this rewatch.

Billy just made me laugh this episode. Mostly because everything he did was so over the top that it felt comical. As some know I looove Max. I love that she rolled up to this show as a skateboard riding arcade queen. I like that she called out the boys (who were being lowkey creepy) for spying on her.

Will being called zombie boy Kids, humans in general, can really be the worst. When he was first being examined I remember my initial reaction being WHY DID THEY BRING HIM BACK TO THE LAB, but then of course it made sense because who else would even have the slightest idea of what Will is going through and where he had been, but the lab. I definitely missed the Doc calling Hopper "pop" the first time around in reference to being Will's father. I can understand the mistake given it seems he was at all of Will's medical visits! A bit of foreshadowing I'm guessing!

The scene of Nancy and Steve eating with Barb's parents was so awkward (but hey get that promo KFC!). Just knowing what they know, that Barb is no more, but it can't properly be explained and in the meantime her parents are giving up EVERYTHING they have to try and find her... I can understand why Steve just sat there and focused on the chicken.

"Who would you rather be friends with, Bowie or Kenny Rogers?" My favorite scene of the episode was definitely the one between Will and Jonathan. The fact that Jonathan called Will his best friend hit me right in the feels. They are absolutely precious brothers!

Other thoughts: Bob is precious with his love of Mr. Mom. Mike is precious with his unrelenting quest to find Eleven through the walkie talkie. Hopper is precious teaching Eleven the time and that dinner comes before dessert.

Also Random, but I noticed both Dustin and Max flipped the bird this episode. They have a similar way of expressing themselves
Old 11-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have sorely missed this show and it was great to finally have it back. I'm upset I binged watched it the day it came out though.

I got to say though, the one thing that stood out to me this episode was the KFC episode, ti felt so wrong and creepy.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattice (View Post)
How cool was that beginning ? It was also nice to see Eleven isn´t the only one with powers .

I miss the kids .

Poor Will . That was so freaking scary .

It was nice to see barb being mentioned but lol at that guy that thought she was taken by Russian spies. Oh boy if he knew.

Nancy helping out Steve aww .

I love Scorpions and it was nice to hear them on the show .

Joyce ! I was not expecting that !

I´m glad to see that things haven´t changed between Nancy and Jonathan .

The Doctor calling “Mom” And “Pop” to Joyce and Hopper during Will´s appointment .

The Doctor telling Joyce the bad guys were gone. As if no one was listening to his talk with Will or there wasn´t an entire lab still there.

Hopper asking Joyce how things were between her and Bob. I want these two to get together so bad .

I feel sorry for Barb´s family .

Now we know why Nancy was crying in the bathroom .

Mike trying to contact Eleven and he thought it was her replying .

Jonathan is a wonderful brother .

That spider monster freaks me out .

Eleven ! Finally ! She looks so cute with those curls .
8 was an intresting introduction. They are making steve a better bf . I am going to feel so bad for him when nance/jonathon. I felt bad for them at barbs house but laughed at the Kc product placement
I felt bad for Will and his flashes
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

So excited to rewatch this season! I only saw it once so I dont remember a lot of it. I also love that its set during Halloween time! Cant wait for fall.

This episode was a bit on the slow side for me.

Poor Will going through all that stuff. Nancy crying over Barb was sad.

Jonathan/Will scene was so cuteeeee. Love having Will back.

I did love to see the Jonathan/Nancy scene. They were so cute together. i loved her wanting to invite him to the party.

Max and her brother are meh. Not a big fan of them.

Eleven is ALIVE! yay. Loved seeing her at the end there with Hopper.
Reply   Post New Thread