Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Stranger Things ▪ Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly ▪ Episode Discussion--EPISODE REWATCH!!

***Stranger Things Episode Rewatch!!!***
Join us as each week as we rewatch the episodes of Stranger things and discuss them here in the threads with everyone.
We are slowly counting down to the new season which will start this month

Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly
Episode Discussion
Air Date - July 15, 2016

Episode Description:
Barb wakes up in an empty pool near a dark creature. She tries to climb out in vain, but is dragged down. Joyce strings Christmas lights around her home, establishing communication with Will, who can turn them on and off. Hopper and his deputies research Dr. Martin Brenner, the laboratory, and a woman named Terry Ives who claimed her daughter was taken by scientists. El has a flashback in which Brenner, whom she calls "Papa", has her put in solitary confinement for refusing to telekinetically harm a cat. Nancy worries about Barb, who is missing. Steve and his friends discover Jonathan's photographs and destroy them along with his camera, but Nancy notices a photo of Barb before she disappeared and returns to Steve's house to search for her. Nancy finds Barb's car and sees the creature in the woods. Joyce establishes a code with Will using the lights, which he uses to tell her that he is alive but unsafe. He tells Joyce to run as a creature begins to climb through her wall. Will's body is discovered in the water at a quarry.

Basic Rules:
↬ Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
↬ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
↬ No character/actor bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
↬ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
↬ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
↬ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-08-2017 at 11:55 AM
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for starting this thread Cece
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

I so glad that Joyce found a way to comunicate with Will while he was trapped in the Upside down world. The scene where "Will´s" body appears was heartbreaking tho .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Darn I had a whole review typed out and FF ate it.

That opening sequence with Barb was so eerie and cool. Loved it.

I really enjoy watching Joyce try to connect with Will. When she did, that was great. Love the use of the old school christmas lights . When that creature came out of the wall, WTF! So creepy.

Steve was an ass this episode. Not saying goodbye to Nancy in the morning, letting his friend make all those jokes about their sex lives (did they have sex?) and then smashing Jonathan's phone? WTF. Not cool.

Will's body was apparently found. Seeing Mike's reaction was so sad. I really loved that scene though. I felt bad for Eleven when Mike got mad with her, but how does she know all this stuff and why isn't she talking more?
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah that opening scene with barb in the pool was creepy

so el is left at the house by herself while the boys are at school and she is bored, so she starts looking around the house. she watches the tv and has flashbacks to the experiments with the coke can and dr brenner. and then she searches nancy's bedroom and looks at the pictures of nancy and barb. she looked sad looking at them.

i agree steve was an ass in this ep. he should have told his friends to shut up about making those jokes.

the little girl following the lights into the bedroom and seeing the hand come through the wall was creepy

steve breaking johnathon's camera was so messed up. yeah he is a creeper but he didnt need to break the camera. he went to far

dr brenner keeps making el do terrible things. and the more she uses her powers the weaker she becomes

this is when joyce goes into the crawl space and talks to "will" with the lights.
i forgot they had a dog

communications of the lights again telling her "right here" and then to "run" and then the monster coming out of the wall.

felt so bad for them when they find his body at the lake.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

⦁ Barb getting killed by the Demogorgon -- the poor thing! She didn't deserve that.
⦁ Loved when Eleven made the Millennium Falcon fly even though the guys weren't there to see it. =p It was also fun to see her hanging around the Wheeler house, especially when she mimicked the phone's dial tone.

⦁ Dustin's question about Eleven's powers -- if she was born with them or she acquired them -- was a question that I wanted the answer to as well.
⦁ Even though I really want to know more about Eleven, I don't like seeing those flashbacks. It makes me sad and angry to find out what Dr. Brenner did to her, experimenting on her like that. I loved her show of force when she disabled those guys that threw her in that room.
⦁ What is Hawkins Lab doing that they had to lie to Hopper? What is with the sketchy business? What is the monster in the basement? And what are they doing to it? And that ties in with whatever is going on at the Byers house. The wall, the lights, the phone calls, the Demogorgon coming through the wall -- something is going on with the Byers house. Even a re-watch isn't helping me figure out what's going on.
⦁ So Will is alive...but he's not safe. I knew that the police hadn't found Will, since I got spoiled that Noah would be in season two. I just didn't understand what they found at the quarry instead.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

hard to imagine now how much I'd hated Steve after this ep okay, Jonathan was being creepy with those pics but to bully him for that? there's no excuse

I didn't pay much attention to Hopper's investigation back then, and now when he mentioned El's mom after S2 there's just so many feels

Joyce is honestly the best mom, she's so brave even though there's all kinds of horrific things going on of course being a mom gives you a lot of strength because you'd do anything for your kid

more flashbacks from the time El was being tortured at the lab I just wanna hold her

loved the small conversation between Mike and El seeing them start to bond little by little is just so sweet. but then when they thought that Will was dead and he snapped at her, aw they were all so hurt...

the last few minutes were just so sad and touching with "Heroes" playing the whole time

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Hopper's investigating.

Lucas was a jerk in this episode. I really dont love his character all that much until season 3 lol.

Poor Barb!

I hate Steve this episode. He felt very out of character to me with the way he treated Jonathan.

With that said, Jonathan taking the photos WAS creepy.

Poor Eleven being forced to torure that Cat. She went through hell.

The ending was SO FREAKING SAD with all the kids crying over Will.

This episode was okay but not really one of the better ones imo. The show was still picking up at this point imo.
Reply   Post New Thread