Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Stranger Things ▪ Chapter Six: The Monster ▪ Episode Discussion--EPISODE REWATCH!!

***Stranger Things Episode Rewatch!!!***
Join us as each week as we rewatch the episodes of Stranger things and discuss them here in the threads with everyone.
We are slowly counting down to the new season which will start this month

Chapter Six: The Monster
Episode Discussion
Air Date - July 15, 2016

Episode Description:
Jonathan pulls Nancy through the portal, saving her from the creature. In her bedroom, she is afraid to be alone and asks Jonathan to stay. Steve sees them together through her bedroom window. The next day, Nancy and Jonathan resolve to kill the monster and purchase supplies from an army surplus store. After a fist fight with Steve, Jonathan is arrested after he inadvertently assaults an officer. Joyce and Hopper decide to investigate together after Hopper discovers his home has been bugged. They track down Terry Ives; she is El's biological mother, who underwent MKUltra training while pregnant. Jane, now known as "011", was taken by Brenner. El shoplifts frozen waffles and recalls how she accidentally opened the gate to the Upside-Down on a reconnaissance mission, allowing the monster through. While searching for El, Mike and Dustin are ambushed by Troy and his bully friend; Troy holds Dustin at knifepoint and demands that Mike jump off the cliff into the lake where Will's body was discovered, which will likely kill him. Mike jumps but is levitated to safety by El. Lucas sees agents leaving the laboratory and realizes they are heading to Mike's house to capture El.

Basic Rules:
↬ Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
↬ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
↬ No character/actor bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
↬ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
↬ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
↬ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-22-2017 at 07:12 PM
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for starting this thread Cece
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

This one was great, loved how it started out already interesting. The Nancy/Jonathan stuff was great. The two different worlds thing is super interesting.

I cant believe I ever liked Steve, what a disgusting jerk. Getting so mad at Nancy that he was graffitiing "s l u t" everywhere, and then roughing up Jonathan and making digs about his missing brother, ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME. Calling him a queer? My blood was boiling! I dont see how anyone can ship them after that!? Jonathan shouldn't have blown up and hit Steve but honestly I cant blame the guy.

Okay, so we sort of started to understand how Eleven (or "Jane") got her powers. Her biological mom was pregnant and thats probably how she developed those powers, when she was being experimented on. And we know why she called the guy "papa". And then Eleven is what caused the monster to be released somehow?

Loved the mike/dustin scenes and when Mike told Dustin he was his best friend too. Aww . What cuties. Lucas is a dummy for going off on his own and thinking he can solve this by himself! AND THAT HUG BETWEEN MIKE/ELEVEN/DUSTIN WAS EVERYTHING. MY PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKES.

2 episodes to go!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

so terry was pregnant and supposedly lost her in the 3rd trimester. but terry said the "man" stole her away when she was born cuz she had special abilities. so baby jane is now grown up to be eleven.

i love the scene with jonathan and nancy buying their supplies for "monster hunting"

steve is such a ass in this episode. i cant believe i ever liked him. he had no right to spray paint that on the movie theater, and to say those things to jonathan. ahh i wanted to hit him so badly.

eleven sitting in the woods eating frozen eggos

the bullies are coming after them (on foot) and mike and dustin having bikes. tell me why they drop their bikes and run? wouldnt it be faster to ride their bikes away from them?

mike jumping off the clip and eleven being able to pull him back up was pretty cool.

loved the group hug. that was everything
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
the bullies are coming after them (on foot) and mike and dustin having bikes. tell me why they drop their bikes and run? wouldnt it be faster to ride their bikes away from them?
maybe to hide and run through an area that they cant ride in?
Old 10-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

perhaps. but they didnt get very far
Old 10-23-2017, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am doing the rewatch as well and I forgot how good Monsters was!

Funny, scary, and touching! So good!

I love the Nancy and Johnathan scenes. I love the scene of "honey if thats not love then I don't know what is. Love makes you do crazy things." They are so cute together!

I can't believe how mean Steve was to Nancy! It just shows his true colors to me. He will do anything to stay popular with his friends.

Oh Steve the guy you love to hate or hate to love. So typical 80's! In every 80's movie there is always one. Unless Steve is the Blane character in Pretty in Pink and turns out to be the guy for Nancy aka Andie in the end. Jonathan better not be the Ducky!

Aw Mike and Eleven I love! They are so cute!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-23-2017 at 09:54 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

oh i love that PIP comparison. i didnt even think of that. i hope he isnt ducky either
Old 10-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too! I love Pretty in Pink. Yes I first thought of that the other day when I rewatched The Monster episode. I hope Johathon is not Ducky either.

Also if we are going with 80 movie references Steve reminds me of the Jake Ryan guy in Sixteen Candles as well. It must be the hair.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

no way. i love jake ryan he would never be that much of an ass like steve was in this
Old 10-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dont think so. To me it seems they are setting up jon/nancy to be endgame.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode.

Hopper and Joyce working together was great! The stories of 11 were interesting.

Nancy/Jonathan are really sweet. I loved him sleeping over. That was so cute.

I understand why Steve was so hurt, he really likes Nancy. But that was absolutely NOT the way to go about it! To just assume she was sleeping with Jonathan? To write she was a **** and then call J a queer and say he's not sad Will went missing, like WTF! That was too far. And honestly imo, a bit OOC. I will chalk it up to having really bad influences around him constantly.

Mike jumping off the rock is one of the most memorable scenes in the show + Eleven walking up to them. Those bullies need shove off. The hug with Dustin was really sweet too.

This season is a lot slower and less humorous as I remember. lol. Its still good because it was setting up the storylines and everything but I think season 3 might be my favorite actually.
Reply   Post New Thread