Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Stranger Things ▪ Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers ▪ Episode REWATCH!!!!

***Stranger Things Episode Rewatch!!!***
Join us as each week as we rewatch the episodes of Stranger things and discuss them here in the threads with everyone.
We are slowly counting down to the new season which will start next month

Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers
Episode Discussion
Air Date - July 15, 2016

Episode Description:
In 1983, in a US Department of Energy laboratory in the town of Hawkins, Indiana, a scientist is attacked by an unseen creature. 12-year-old Will Byers vanishes after encountering the creature while riding his bicycle home from a Dungeons & Dragons session with his friends. The next day, a young girl with a shaved head, wearing a hospital gown, steals food from a local diner. The owner, Benny (Chris Sullivan), takes pity on her and feeds her before calling social services. A woman posing as a social worker arrives and shoots Benny. Armed men search the diner for the girl, but she escapes. Joyce, Will's mother, believes she hears Will's voice on a distorted phone call, but her phone short circuits. Will's friends Lucas, Mike, and Dustin find the girl in the woods as they search for Will.

Basic Rules:
↬ Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
↬ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
↬ No character/actor bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
↬ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
↬ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
↬ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 09-04-2017 at 04:01 PM
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for starting this thread Cece
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

I´m still sad about Benny
He was such a nice guy.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I started my rewatch today. This will be good because tbh I didn't pay as much attention the first time as I should have...

I just love the focus on the kids so much. You don't really see kids as the main characters on tv shows. lol: I also love the 80's vibe the show has, I just love the 80's so it makes it so much more enjoyable.

Holy frack that alien thing chasing Will was scary AF.

Joyce getting on Jonathan for not knowing where Will was annoyed me. Like, you're the mom lady, it's your responsibility to know where he is.

Not sure what to feel about Nancy. I didn't like when she didn't seem to care that Will was gone and then she comes off like she's trying to be the good girl but then idk, acts differently. Her and Steve are pretty cute as of now. I like that Steve sorta called her out on her **** shaming.

Very confused on what is happening, where did Eleven come from and who are the guys in the white suits. (obviously I know the show will answer this but explaining my thoughts as I watch haha) It's cool that she has powers too. I liked the ending with her running into the boys.

In all I thought the beginning was really good, then it got sort of slow for me in the middle. It just took too long for everyone to start caring about Will missing.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

My thoughts about Eleven include three options:

1. They stole other children before thus making Eleven as the name says, the eleventh child to be in their possession. They made experiments with them which resulted in powers.

2. This one is similar except maybe Eleven and the other kids somehow were already born with those powers that now the guys in the lab want to explore them.

3. Maybe Eleven´s mother was born with powers too transferring them to her child. In this case Eleven was born inside the lab or she was stolen because they knew she would have the same powers.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 09-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good predictions. I think 3 makes sense because she called the guy her dad, so I just had a feeling that she was born there.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Plus she didn´t knew anything about the real world as we noticed when she´s at Mike´s house.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Is it too late to join? I've been meaning to re-watch and this thread is making me want to re-watch again.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

how quickly are you guys rewatching?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

I will start my re-watch this Saturday .
It´s when i finally have some free time from work .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 09-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

i plan to start mine tomorrow
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

so i finally starting my rewatch today.

i do not remember a lot of this. like the opening scene when the doctor is walking down the hall in the lab and gets attacked by that creature right away?

and i did not remember that they wrote in dustin having ccd when the boys were picking on him not having any front teeth.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though this is a re-watch, these are very close to what went through my head the first time I watched the episode...
  • I love how the very first scene grabs you and makes you wonder what that thing at Hawkins Lab is. And then you watch more of the episode, and you find out that things are sketchier than you initially thought they were. Evacuation and quarantine? An escaped girl that they are willing to kill an innocent man to get back (more on this later)? Eavesdropping on the townspeople's phone conversations? What's happening?!
  • I love that introduction of Will, Lucas, Mike and Dustin played Dungeons & Dragons! Even though they're only together in just that one scene, it's obvious how close they are.
  • What happened to Will? Who or what took him? What do they or it want with him?
  • Mike, Lucas and Dustin with the Heathkit ham shack -- what adorable dorks! Then when Hopper pretty much told them to let the police handle Will's disappearance, it was obvious that they weren't going to listen to him. Their friend was missing! Of course they were going to look for him.
  • I am so very intrigued by Eleven and what she can do. I have so many questions about her!
  • Aw, I liked Benny. He was so great to Eleven, giving her something to eat and calling social services because he wanted to help her. Why'd they have to do that to him?
  • What was that phone call (with the static, the breathing and the growling) and that electricity surge that broke the phone?
  • I love that Eleven found the guys...or the guys found her!

Last edited by rocky845; 09-17-2018 at 01:45 AM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow S1 seems so long ago now

the kids were still so smol aw

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread