Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Season 2 discussion thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Initially I thought this season was weaker, and at times perhaps it was, but I loved how it shaped up.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

There were a few episodes I was so-so on, but I think the good episodes of S2 were some of the best of the series. I thought the beginning was so fantastic, with 2x01 and 2x02 being two of my favorite episodes of the series and the finale being my favorite episode for the show ever.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 08-29-2016 at 08:16 PM
Old 08-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The finale was amazing for sure.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watched season 1 and need to catch up with season 2 now.

EC | ADC

Old 08-30-2016, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

you need to catch up before the start of season 3
Old 08-30-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
There were a few episodes I was so-so on, but I think the good episodes of S2 were some of the best of the series. I thought the beginning was so fantastic, with 2x01 and 2x02 being two of my favorite episodes of the series and the finale being my favorite episode for the show ever.
I agree. I liked seeing Jane struggle with the baby and school. I also liked her dating a bit, and Jane and micheal reconciliation and Petra redeeming herself
Old 08-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I wasn't a fan mostly cause I hated how they continually threw Rafael under the bus the entire season.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I agree. I liked seeing Jane struggle with the baby and school. I also liked her dating a bit, and Jane and micheal reconciliation and Petra redeeming herself
Yeah there was so much to love this season.

I of course loved the Jane/Michael reunion, but I also loved the first few episodes where Jane was torn. I loved Petra really growing this season and live for any flashbacks with Petra/Raf. And I really think Mateo is an amazing addition to the show.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wasn't a fan mostly cause I hated how they continually threw Rafael under the bus the entire season.
What do you mean?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
What do you mean?
I'm not the OP, but I second this comment. I'm biased, since Raf is my favorite character, but Season 2 was pretty brutal on him. The worst was that the show re-wrote Michael (who was shady in Season 1) to be a saint who suddenly could do no wrong. Raf could do no right, even though he has changed and is a great dad who puts Jane and Mateo first. He's made mistakes--but so has Michael. It was one thing for Jane to choose Michael, but then the writers had to beat us over the head with it. It was hard to watch Ro gushing over his bromance with Michael, and Jane's family treating Raf as an outsider, even though he's a great Dad and puts them up in his hotel. When I hear people say Raf is controlling and arrogant--I don't see it. He always seems to be the one who makes compromises--far more than Jane does. I actually like both Michael and Raf and I hope they become friends. I like both characters far better than I do Jane, at this point. I hope she grows up in Season 3!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOVED S2. My favorite episode is always going to be the one where Jane and Lina go to the club for her birthday. LOVE that episode.

And of course, the finale.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by venezia57 (View Post)
I'm not the OP, but I second this comment. I'm biased, since Raf is my favorite character, but Season 2 was pretty brutal on him. The worst was that the show re-wrote Michael (who was shady in Season 1) to be a saint who suddenly could do no wrong. Raf could do no right, even though he has changed and is a great dad who puts Jane and Mateo first. He's made mistakes--but so has Michael. It was one thing for Jane to choose Michael, but then the writers had to beat us over the head with it. It was hard to watch Ro gushing over his bromance with Michael, and Jane's family treating Raf as an outsider, even though he's a great Dad and puts them up in his hotel. When I hear people say Raf is controlling and arrogant--I don't see it. He always seems to be the one who makes compromises--far more than Jane does. I actually like both Michael and Raf and I hope they become friends. I like both characters far better than I do Jane, at this point. I hope she grows up in Season 3!
This and also playing with his lack of consent like it wasn't no big deal. I guess if you're male it doesn't really matter with these writers. His reasonable opinion was presented as him being a bad guy. All to what, prop Petra? She could have been redeemed without that. I just hate when they throw one character under a bus to prop another.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

To be honest though, very little attention was even given to petra's pregnancy and how Raf fits into it, imo. It's why for a majority of the season, most people thought the twins weren't even technically Raf's.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
To be honest though, very little attention was even given to petra's pregnancy and how Raf fits into it, imo. It's why for a majority of the season, most people thought the twins weren't even technically Raf's.
I'm not talking specifically about her pregnancy but her being used to lecture Raf for actions/thoughts that are actually quite reasonable.