Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is Us 2x03 "Deja Vu" Episode Discussion (October 10 2017)

This is Us - "Deja Vu"

10/10/2017 (09:00PM - 10:01PM) (Tuesday) : Kate visits Kevin on the set of his movie. Randall and Beth get exciting news. Rebecca tries to reconnect with Jack.

Promo:

Old 10-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for this!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm very excited for this one!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode. I really hope that Kevin can work out his issues about Jack's death.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

I really like Kevin's issue about his father's death, Randall/Beth's adoption storyline plus teen!Randall..

is that what you want?

Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 AM
New Fan

Anyone else notice the Fleet Foxes song "If You Need To, Keep Time On Me” playing during the last two minutes of the episode?? So good!!

https://open.spotify.com/track/7d0XkI4iJ32nxeFAHFXbLQ
Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

A good episode but probablythe worst of this series so far. I don't know what it is but I'm just not invested in tis Randall fostering plot line.

The thing that has me wondering is the ending with Kevin. "Just like your father" I hope not because I feel like it's foreshadowing Kevin having a substance abuse problem later in the show.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was really good!

I loved seeing how Kevin was dealing (or rather not dealing) with Jack's death. I'm glad that Kevin is getting some better storylines this season.

I'm enjoying Randall and Beth's adoption storyline so far. I loved the scene between Deja, Annie and Tess. Also, I can't believe William would have left that night if it wasn't for Annie.

It was great to see Jack and Rebecca trying to communicate better. And at least we now know why they have a dog later on.

The ending was a little confusing to me.. it did seem like they were suggesting Kevin has (or will have) a drug problem
Old 10-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I tho that he said that to Kate, not Kevin which that's why Kate was mad???

is that what you want?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My mom and I were both shocked by what Kevin said to Kate. I was concerned to see Kevin taking the pills. I really don't want him to develop a drug problem.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still ned to watch it. Ooh boy I hope Kevin doesn't develop a drug problem either.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved the episode. I especially loved the Kevin sl. He was always presented as the funny one, the less complicated of the big 3, but I think he is the one who has the big struggle inside. He keeps all this grief inside...just like Jack. They are so much alike.
Next week looks interesting,I hope he'll be able to talk to people that love him and let it out cause it will help him a lot.
I also liked that finally Jack and Rebecca are starting to connect again. I miss them.
The dog we're getting closer and I'm not ready
Old 10-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really loved this episode so much.
I have to start with
Sylvester Stallone. I am such a huge fan and especially of those Rocky movies, I watched all of them even the one ironically when Milo Ventimiglia portrayed his son. So, I related to Kate. And it was a nice throw in that Jack's favorite actor who made him smile was Sylvester because I felt it was such a throw in over the fact Milo portrayed Sylvester's son in Rocky movie. lol

It was really wonderful to see some of Kevin's perspective to see that yes he is having pain inside that he really hasn't addressed yet. And it makes sense why he didn't really want to discuss it. It's like Kate didn't want to discuss it in season 1 because she blames herself for his death. So, I would love to see more about how Kevin and Jack's relationship is.

Kevin - Kevin is the most like Jack, I've said it since season 1 so him having the drug problem actually would surprisingly make sense only because Jack HID it for a long time... I don't think us as the viewers really knew the drug issue until 2x01? so he was great at hiding the issue and I guess Kevin is great at hiding it like Jack was? Although I wasn't a fan of seeing that, I just didn't feel it was necessary to have Kevin have a pill drug addiction issue... so not a fan of that now but can't wait to see what happens next.

Kevin/Kate - Loved seeing them together again, I just love their bro and sis relationship and how sweet it was when Kevin had to tell Kate how much he appreciated her being there. ANd it just shows the lack of support he does recieved that he had to keep telling her that.

Randall/Beth - I like seeing them try to become adopted parents and the hardships that goes in adopting an teenager who has probably been home to home, and just thrown around and probably has no trust in anyone.
Not sure how I feel about Deja yet, but I did like some of the scenes with her but it might take awhile to me to see what I liked.
Also, I felt sad for younger Randall. He just wanted to see his biological parents when he was young and we all knew as viewers he wasn't going to succeed in that. Yes, he loved Jack and Rebecca but he sort of needed to know where he was really from or where he came from.

Seeing William again was fantastic!! I loved seeing the real reason why he stayed. Awesomely done, This is US. Still keeping him in the show some kind of way.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode and probably just loved it more than how the episode actually was because of seeing Sylvester Stallone in it.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
I still ned to watch it. Ooh boy I hope Kevin doesn't develop a drug problem either.
Same here..

is that what you want?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

above all closed, generating discussion and helping towards 25k