Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Conviction Season 1 General Discussion

Discuss away guys!

Edited to add Heather's question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Now that Conviction is on hiatus what are everyone's overall thoughts about it or pros and cons (what I'm trying to make right now) of it?
Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for starting, Kay!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

No problem!

Another thing I would love to see is more of the team outside of work. We've been getting a lot of backstory on each character which I love and appreciate but it would be nice to get more of their home lives as well.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for getting this started Kay.

Pros:
  • The cast! They work amazingly together and make the characters work as individuals and as a team. I feel they really are what makes the show work.
  • I really like some of the topics that the cases bring and I like they give the group different opinions and they aren't afraid to have them argue, disagree, and be wrong.
  • I do find the characters interesting and I'm interested in learning more about them.

Cons:
  • The 5 day thing. It doesn't work for me and seems so unnecessary. Also while I generally like the cases they've done I feel the resolution is usually pretty... oh... ok. Like they work hard to get there and oh look right before day 5 we have the case solved! I kinda think the 5 day thing just kinda messes with a lot of things.
  • I get the cases are important but I wish there were more growth and development of the character's and their storylines (past and present) beyond the cases. I mean yes they all have their histories but I feel they are very rarely explored unless it is work/case related. Like the Tess stuff. We've mainly only gotten it because of work/case related stuff. Also seeing them outside of work in general would be nice too.
  • I feel the writing can be a little clunky (I guess is the word I'm going for) in some areas. Like sometimes I think they over explain some things and it can be a little awkward imo.
  • Hayes/Conner. I'm totally fine if they want to put these two together but I wish they didn't push it so hard. It's making me not even want to see their scenes together. Which bothers me as I really don't want to get to a point where I want to skip certain scenes.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

No problem on the thread. And thanks for sharing Heather. I'm not sure I agree with everything you wrote but I can understand why you feel that way. Like for a procedural I think the show does a good job developing the characters but of course I would always love more. I do agree though that the cast is definitely the show's strongest attribute.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do think they are starting to expand better on it though when it comes to giving us more beyond the cases (like Maxine and her addiction). Hayes they were always good with but not some much the others imo. Main things we seemed to learn about them were through cases/because of the case they were working on. And other than Hayes we really don't know much about them outside of work. But I do think they were getting better.

But yeah I think the cast is one of the best things about the show. And they are the ones who really make it work.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

I get what you're saying. I feel like they've only touched on Frankie's story when there so much there with him having been in prison.

Whoever cast the show should get an award!
Old 12-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah he seems like he's gotten the least now and I hope they haven't dropped his storyline. Or that they felt that was the ending to it.

I agree. The dynamics and chemistry between the cast is amazing.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sort of worried that might be all we'll see about Frankie. I don't know I just have have a feeling unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

It is.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so too because it seems so unfinished. Yes I'm going to assume he told him no about getting Hayes to review the case but what else. There is so much more to it than that. And it needs to be explored for his character.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. Even without bringing Rey into it I think there could be a lot done about his time in prison. I've been watching a lot of prison shows lately so I can think of at least 10.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I wouldn't mind learning more about Frankie's time in prison, with or without Rey.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Me too. I think he's got one of the most interesting back stories.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I would love to know more about his time in there and how exactly he decided he wanted to go into forensics and etc.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

I would also love to see what his life was like right after he got out of prison. That's a tough transition.