Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Conviction 1x02: "Bridge and Tunnel Vision" Episode Discussion (10/10/16)

1x02 | Bridge and Tunnel Vision
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
Hayes confronts Wallace head-on, investigating the case that made his career: the Prospect 3. Three young white men confessed to the rape and robbery of a young black woman. Hayes hopes to catch Wallace off guard with the team's investigation, but when the young woman's character takes a hit in the press, she is victimized for a second time.

Last edited by Always & Forever; 10-16-2016 at 12:27 PM
Old 10-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for putting this up. Can't wait to see people's thoughts on this episode.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thank you for the thread.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the thread Amy!

I only managed to catch the last little bit but it seemed like we got a lot ofbackground on the characters. I can't wait to watch the whole thing.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I loved the second episode, it was way better than the pilot and didn't have as many problems. I hope the rest of the episodes continue to be as good.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I heard, the second episode is quite a bit better than the first. Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haven't got to watch it yet but hopefully tonight.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't gotten to watch it all either but I did enjoy what I did see.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Now that my nieces are asleep hopefully I get to watch it here in a bit.

Sucks you haven't got to watch it in full yet either.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

I probably won't get to it until tomorrow. Hmph.

From what saw though I thought this case was more interesting than the premiere's case. Pretty timely too.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So as much as I did actually enjoy the pilot this episode was definitely better. It felt a little more put together I guess is what I'm looking for. But maybe that is only after benefit of us seeing the pilot. And exactly what pilots are meant to do.

One thing (among a lot of things) I am really liking is the group dynamics and how they are giving us group scenes and will mix up the pairings. And I did love seeing a little more about each other away from the job (well minus Tess ) time. An can't wait wait to learn more about the team together and as individuals.

Hayes - I enjoyed her much more this episode than I did the first one.

Sam - I'm glad they gave us more about him. I'm more interested in him now than I was in the pilot. And I understand the struggle within him when it comes to Hayes getting the job and how she got it and him wanting to say something or not. I'm glad he didn't say anything though and seems to feel the CIU is more important than calling out Hayes and Connor. And while I'm sure this struggle/storyline isn't completely gone I hope it's not going to be too much when it comes to this. I mean I could end up loving it but for now it seems like a story that could go a little stale. Especially with the back and forth will he/won't he say something.

Tess, Maxine, Frankie - Still loving them. Can't wait to find out more about them.

Tess - What we know about what happened to her aunt and her being an eye witness is so sad. Sad it happened and sad she falsely accused someone else. Can't wait to find out more about the case and her in general.

Maxine/Tess - I love we got a little bit more of these two this episode. I hope to see more of these two. And with what Maxine did... it seems like such a sweet thing she did trying to let Tess know it wasn't her fault. And being an eye witness to something like that can be traumatic and not help with identifying people. But I also totally understand Tess telling her to mind her own business. She already said it was private and I can completely understand not wanting them going through the case.

Hayes/her brother - Their dynamic is really cute and adorable. I like it so far.

Connor - Again I don't dislike him but still meh.

Connor/Hayes - Still don't care about this either.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I got to watch the episode yesterday afternoon & I quite enjoyed it. I liked the case they worked on & I like that there was more character development. Hayes still intrigues me, but I'm still not sold on her "attitude" yet. She really is doing such a good thing (she's gotten 3 innocent people out of jail), so I just want her to start loving this job/the team & not see it as blackmail/an obligation anymore. Again, biased towards Hayley, so I'll love her no matter what.

I do like the dynamics/chemistry with Conner/Hayes, but it seems like Conner just wants his cake & to eat it, too. It'll be interesting to see where the writers take these two & I can sense that Conner's more looking out for/protecting Hayes more than spying on her, but that could just be my shipper heart talking.

I liked seeing a bit of Sam's personal life, even though it was mostly about work anyway. It'll be interesting to see if that reporter ends up figuring out what really happened why Hayes got the position.

Tess making breakfast at the office. So goody-goody, but I love it.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I'm not completely sold on Hayes yet but I did enjoy her much more this episode.

Tess is so hard working. There before anyone and also eats breakfast there. I thought she was at home at first then we see the office.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Sam- I hope he doesn't turn on the group. I think once they all get use to each other they'll be like family. He doesn't act fully resentful. and that reporter who keeps wanting to get dirt or confirmation about Hayes...I wish she would just go away.

Hayes- As time goes on she'll open up more to the group.

Tess- Sweetheart..just like when she was Beth on TWD.

Frankie- My God he's got a body.

Maxine- She awesome. And between her and Tess...they can be Hayes girlfriends, cause I since that Hayes doesn't have many.

Wallace and Hayes--- Love them, but it will be a bumpy ride.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

I watched the whole episode last night and I liked it a lot. I agree with you Heather, it felt a lot more put together. I think it helped that there wasn't as much necessary exposition.

Umm, some things just off the top of my head :
-I loved that we got to see their little routines in the morning.
-Hayley is such a fantastic actress. Hayes is a tough sell but Hayley has me empathizing with her already.
-Tess is my baby and I love that she's so earnest. I've always thought earnestness is sexy. I can't wait to see where they go with her story. I'm assuming she'll meet the guy she put in jail eventually.
-Merrin is doing an awesome job as Maxine. I think she might be the most comfortable/at ease/best fit/idk in her role at the moment. I love her faces. Also, was that an AA chip she was holding at the beginning?
-The guys can all share a point : I surprisingly like them all quite a bit right now, I thought I wasn't going to like Sam so much but I get why he feels the way he does.
-I liked this case a lot better than last week's and I liked that we saw some of the ramifications that overturning the case had on the victim and I'm glad Hayes felt bad about it.

There was a lot more but that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll have more eventually.

ETA: I love reading everyone's thoughts on the episode.