#15 - Shempy
#16 - asile
#17 - SpySyd
#18 - ~Holly~
#19 - Cite Des Anges
#20 - miSStakentriSh
#21 - billibhoney
#22 - Elithraniel

Since Aurelie is not around so I'll just go ahead and start a new thread. I suck at title so anymore with a better one, feel free to change it

Last edited by ThUyN19; 07-15-2006 at 11:51 AM
ThUyN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread! And I think that title is great
laurengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay new thread! Thanks for starting it...love the title too.

Can I please be added to the list too?

Michelle

[Icon: eyesthatslay]
Elithraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Great title! Just lack a little " 's"
Old 07-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread ..
What is this I heard about a confrontation between Zizo and Materazzi ?
SportyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

I think Materazzi went to say his version of what happened and later, next week, I think, they'll talk about it in the same room. And then the FIFA will take a decision regarding both players. I'm not hopeful though... I doubt Materazzi will get any punishment.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, apparently, it's NORMAL to walk around and insult people, their families, their honors, in football.

You know, in a weird way, Zidane leaves as the most talked about player and the one people will talk about for years to come. For his talent, his personality and this.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Woot new thread thx for starting this ^^

Quote:
You know, in a weird way, Zidane leaves as the most talked about player and the one people will talk about for years to come. For his talent, his personality and this.
he's a legend i tell you

Quote:
I doubt Materazzi will get any punishment.
Me too, but well it's just for the principle, you know ..... there was one thing that stroke me, it's that Materrazi admitted that he insulted Ziz but didn't apologize a plain "sorry" would have been enough, instead of that he defended himself saying that this kind of slur was commonplace on the field i know this have been discussed over and over again, but it still gets on my nerves, sorry.

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Cite Des Anges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Elithraniel - just added you

Let's see what happend when he face Zidane. We all know it's common to insult other players on the field but there are limit to that. Insult their families is just wrong. And I believe that he said it more than once that's why Zidane can't take it anymore.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep, apparently, it's NORMAL to walk around and insult people, their families, their honors, in football.
Apparently it is... I just wished that for once they'd show it's not okay to throw insults on a playing field. Because let's face it, when Materazzi gets nothing for the way he treated Zidane, players will keep on insulting each other. Why would they stop?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread

The title is really great and so true

I hope Materazzi will be punish but i don't think that FIFA will punish him even if he deserves it because he did what he did and he was wrong, it"s not normal to insult people like that
Old 07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Ugh, my dad had Fox News on and I heard them talking about Zidane so I turned it up...well of course they show the headbutt, and then the 2 news guys were talking about his greeting back in Paris with Chirac and how he was supporting him and calling Zidane a hero. Well, then the news people say

"Seems like they don't know the difference between a hero and a goat. The bottom line is the French are a nation of looooosers."

Gosh, that made me so mad, I was about ready to turn off the tv.

And they were saying how Zidane lost the game and how the Italians were the better team and such, but I just don't get why they can't look past the headbutt and see how amazing of a footballer Zidane has always been
Old 07-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Well you know, Fox News hates us since the war in Iraq. As simple as that. They're not journalists, just a bunch of suck-ups I mean when something's wrong, blame the french!

And nobody here feels like we're losers. We're ALL very proud of our team and we're not afraid to show it. That's the only thing that matters. Plus, everybody knows we played just as good if not better than Italy... so really, no need to get mad for something so... trivial.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, you're right. We're proud of our team for everything they've done, so I should just ignore them.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

When are they gonna get pass the whole Zidane thing, they kept showing it. I guess that's what happened when you are well known. I don't think the French team are losers, I think they played way better than Italy in the final, those who watch the world cup final know how well they played so no need to debate on that.

I hated it when people making fun of others and said mean things like that, I mean it's ok to make joke but not by using others as their joke. I was watching Late Night show the others night and I think it was Jay Leno who was making fun of the World Cup, he was like who watch the world cup and he go on how boring it was. I got so pissed, I know that soccer is not that popular here in the US but in other country it's their life so no need to make fun of that.
Reply   Post New Thread