Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wouldn't say that Argentina doesn't deserve to be in the final. Their players came through when it mattered.

Spain only scored 8 goals in their entire 2010 campaign and they became champions.
ER - 10x12 - "NICU"
Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

They made Messi take the antidoping test after the game, that's dirty but ok

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 07-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

It sucks but I'm happy for Argentina. Nothing bad to say. I love messi <3 and I love Germany so good luck to both teams!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they are not blaming Cillessen, he did great during the whole match. Why didn't they change the goalkeeper like they did with Costa Rica?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

i think they were all out of switches, no?

i personally think they waited to long to put in huntelaar. van persie is amazing, dont get me wrong, but he prob should have been switched out in the early second half imo.

in the second half of game, holland seemed to be playing for a goal and argentina seemed to be playing for penalties. it was frustrating cuz i frkn HATE penalties when it gets to this stage of the WC games. oh wellllll.

and not to start anything, but in all honesty, i didnt feel like spain deserved it 4 years ago either. i prefer watching the match itself with a win/lose, rather than go to penalties and rely on the win that way. meh. i see the point of penalties, but it's not fun for me as a fan.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yes, you are right, they were

No, we hate penalties, in fact Germany beated us in 2006 with penalties. Besides, I thought your goalkeeper was better than ours. I still can't believe he saved two!

Quote:
and not to start anything, but in all honesty, i didnt feel like spain deserved it 4 years ago either. i prefer watching the match itself with a win/lose, rather than go to penalties and rely on the win that way. meh. i see the point of penalties, but it's not fun for me as a fan.
Didn't Holland win against Costa Rica in penalties in the last match? And didn't Mexico lose against Holland as well because of Robben's penalty?
I hate penalties as well but after 120 minutes, I guess there's nothing else to do.

Oh and I don't think our goal was off-side

Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

yes, and i hated it but i said that i understand the point of it. i just hate when players play to GET them.

i do think it was off side cuz the playback clearly showed that it was, so idk.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I saw it and it was waaaay too close to the line, damn it

Will be rooting for the Netherlands on Saturday, as I was during the whole championship but for today!

Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I will be too, but I'll be on a plane to Indonesia lol.. so I won't be watching that game!

BUT I should be landing there just about an hour before the final game begins so I'll def be watching that [if our hotel has a tv and cable lmao].
I've been rooting for Germany, but I think I'd be happy with either of them winning tbh. but idk.. i frkn love Muller <3 but also Messi. And they KILLED brazil in that game. arg. confused.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

In the 1986 World Cup, Argentina and Germany played against each other in the final as well and we won. Hope history repeats itself BUT, in 2006 we lost in penalties and in 2010 they destroyed us with 4 goals

Old 07-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

it was worth staying up all night for

@ the end of the game & extra time I was 100% sure that Netherlands will win & they played amazing esp that defense
but woah so happy about the result

Penn stans for Argentina too
good taste!

Last edited by science girlfriend; 07-10-2014 at 12:25 AM
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Omg I have just found out Van Gaal coached our goal keeper Sergio Romero in AZ Alkmaar and he joked he taught him how to do penalties and our goalie said he thanked Van Gaal after the match for his support when he arrived in the Netherlands for the first time. I love this

And look at Robben's son crying after the game, THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE ROBBEN SO MUCH : La tristeza del hijo de Robben | Olé

Our coach did an interview after the game and he made it clear it was a tie, that Argentina won in penalties, but it was a tie in the end

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 07-09-2014 at 10:52 PM
Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I will be too, but I'll be on a plane to Indonesia lol.. so I won't be watching that game!

BUT I should be landing there just about an hour before the final game begins so I'll def be watching that [if our hotel has a tv and cable lmao].
I've been rooting for Germany, but I think I'd be happy with either of them winning tbh. but idk.. i frkn love Muller <3 but also Messi. And they KILLED brazil in that game. arg. confused.
Happy you'll be watching the final
& argh both of them are kings
I really dont care who wins.
just to see them play will be a joy to my senses

I found the Hobbit cup 2014

Last edited by science girlfriend; 07-10-2014 at 03:00 AM
Old 07-10-2014, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. It'll be amazing.
I'm excited for argentina because a South American team winning really would be amazing, but Germany is a beast and IMO, probably deserved this the most (in the sense that they've played flawlessly for the most part). But yeah, it all comes down to this and either way, the winner will deserve it
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

looking forward for the final, may the best team win

...and can the please play tonight, I don't know if I can wait that long anymore

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread