Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let people be happy, you seem rather mad that people might have enjoyed this championship. Most of the games were boring, including the finale but not everything was bad. It was the best tournament for my country, I'll take that and be happy about it. Iceland was fantastic to watch too. I choose to focus on the positive aspects, not the negative ones.

Now I'm looking forward to club season and WC qualifications starting.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 07-13-2016 at 05:06 AM
Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

lol let's not attack people. Tbh, i would get offended if someone told me i watch football every two years. I watch football every year and not just big competitions like world cup, or euro... you don't get to be rude.

And i have the acknowledge to say euro 2016 wasnt the best euro, but tbh.. should i rant about this everytime? No, i prefer to focus on the positive aspects.

I think the low quality of this tourment this year was because the players of the bigger teams were tired, they had a long journey, they were not in their best shape.

while other teams, like poland, wales, iceland were living their dream, playing in a big competition, they wanted to shine and make history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by if i could fly (View Post)

PORTUGAL. This finale killed me but omg, it does feel like 2004 all over again (except this time with a happy ending for us).
omg, i know right!! I'm so happy. 12 years later, we did it!!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I have no problems in admitting that the Euro and the World Cups are my favorite football related things to follow, but I watch other games as well, so you shouldn't imply things without knowing.

Quote:
I think the low quality of this tourment this year was because the players of the bigger teams were tired, they had a long journey, they were not in their best shape.
Totally agree with this. It's the way it is but it's a shame they don't have more time to rest and recover between games.

This wasn't my favorite European either, but I'm obviously happy with the winner. And I think it proved that you don't have to score a lot of goals to be able to win (even though that's the exciting part of watching games). I keep seeing people making fun of Portugal for only winning 1 game on the regular game time, but they forget that this also means that Portugal didn't lose a single game and the other teams had trouble playing against us (otherwise they would have won in those 90 min). And honestly, most of this came from French fans, so I find it so so hilarious that this is exactly how they lost in the finale. (apparently people actually started a petition to repeat the finale match, which. Lmao. How freaking ridic is this?! Such a shame we weren't bitter enough to do the same thing 12 years ago when we lost to Greece.)

It has been a surprising competition from the start imo, especially with so many big teams that usually do well in competitions not even making it to groups phase. But it also made things more unpredictable, which I enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
Yeees. Freaking finally, omg. We suffered until the end and on the finale when Ronaldo left the game the way he did I got super depressed and I thought we were done, but then it happened. And while I'm sad Ronaldo missed most of the game, I also love that we won ~without him, to prove that we are a good team even if our star isn't playing.

I like the 24 teams thing (and not just because it worked out well for us this year ), but I really don't see why it could be a bad thing.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:24 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
Belated congrats!

Continue to enjoy it.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Thank you.

It's been over a week but you can still see people being euphoric over this. I work in a car's company, and besides the normal dealers network we have our own retail store, and today I noticed that all of the cars exposed for the customers have Portuguese flags insides.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

must be a nice feeling
Old 01-03-2017, 09:25 AM
MST Manager

Yeah, it must have been.

People could still be celebrating even now.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was happy with Portugal's win.

World Cup next year!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 AM
MST Manager

Nice.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Only 17 months to go.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here are the 2018 World Cup groups:

Thoughts?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Group A is ridiculous to be honest
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ridiculously difficult or eay?

The top two of Group B will play against the top 2 of Group A on the round of 16, which is a bit of a relief seeing who ended up in Group B, I hope I'm not wrong though. xD

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 12-03-2017 at 02:50 PM
Old 12-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Easy

Can't complain about Germany's group although they really need to advance as the first otherwise they could already face Brazil in the Top 16.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought so too, just wanted to make sure.

Germany should be able to win their group, I'm guessing they'll face Switzerland on the round of 16 (or maybe it there will be surprises, there usually is ).