Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I agree. But if both teams are as good as they seem to be, they should advance.

When does it start?
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If they can perform at their own level, they should be able to do that.

Now enough time has passed that it starts tomorrow! And another round of games on Wednesday.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure Barcelona will play well I'm not sure about Tottenham. They've had some subpar games this season.

Unfortunately I work in the afternoons so I won't be able to watch the CL games. Maybe I'll dvr them and watch later.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Barcelona started strong but Inter was able to come behind and win 2-1 against Tottenham. Also Liverpool vs. PSG was pretty wild.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Will that be the case for the whole season? Dvr’ing might work, I did that with last season’s final since I missed the beginning of it.

Last weekend I finally got the channel that will air the CL (and La Liga) so I’ve been watching the whole night. The channel will also air the Europa League so now I’ll also have my Thursday nights reserved.

I’m looking forward tomorrow’s games. Unfortunately Real Madrid and Juventus will play at the same time. I’m gonna watch Juventus. xD

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 09-18-2018 at 02:14 PM
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I was able to watch the first half of Barcelona's game. I had no idea that the rights to air the CL have changed this year. They only aired 2 of the games yesterday: Barca and then Liverpool. All the La Liga teams games will be aired on the Spanish channel and while I don't understand Spanish I can figure out what's going just by watching.

Unfortunately this will be a problem all season seeing as I work in the afternoons now. Having a job is a good because I needed one and having extra money is good but bad because I'll have to miss the games.

Barca started strong which wasn't surprising. And it was Liverpool beating PSG was great. Tottenham's result is concerning. They haven't been playing well lately and it caught up with them. If they play that way against Barcelona, they'll have no shot.

I'm glad you're able to watch all the games.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess UEFA made new deals globally, I’ve read comments from people from different countries that their channels that used to air it don’t have the rights anymore. Too bad your new channel doesn’t air everything but hopefully they will at least the most important ones. And that’s good all La Liga games will be aired. I’ve sometimes watched some games in Spanish (and once even in Arabic, I think) when I’ve streamed them.

I was going to say of course it’s great you have a job. Hopefully you can keep up the games in some way though.

Anyway, I’m not sure how I was able to write those things I just said because right now I don’t care about anything else than the 100 % UNFAIR red card for Ronaldo. It makes no sense at all and I’m just so fing mad right now! He got a straight red card after 30 minutes for LITERALLY NOTHING! He was in tears when he exited the pitch and I completely understand. If he ends up getting banned for example for two games, he will miss the homecoming to Manchester. I hope Juventus will appeal asap because this INJUSTICE needs to be fixed! This game was such a big deal to him, this whole competition is a big deal to him and they are ruining it for him. Shame on UEFA and this totally incompetent referee.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it sucks that they changed the viewership rights. They definitely seems to be prioritizing all the Spanish clubs especially Barcelona and Real Madrid. Even Juventus' game was only on the Spanish channel. Barca's game was in both English and Spanish. When they aired of Fox they always made the priority Barcelona, Real Madrid and all the PL teams. Manchester United and Manchester City are quite popular here in the US so it's surprising to me they didn't air their games. Don't get me wrong Barca and Real Madrid have huge followings here too. I see people wearing Messi jerseys constantly I'm just surprised which games are being aired.

I'm happy that I have a job even if it's only part time but it's a job doing something that love doing. I will definitely try and keep up but as I said before it's difficult because they aren't airing all the games.

I didn't see what happened but from what the guys said on tv here Ronaldo shouldn't have gotten a red card. The one guy said it shouldn't even have been a yellow card. They were talking about the CL not having VAR which seems weird because it worked well in the World Cup and it's working in La Liga. I hope they get this situation corrected.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sucks if they're showing less teams now. I get having to prioritize but when there are other big teams that are popular there other than Real Madrid and Barcelona, it's not fair to the fans of those other teams. Maybe they'll rotate or try to show more games in the future.

That's really great you got a job doing something you love, congrats!

Yes, everyone thinks he shouldn't have gotten it. All the professional players, referees, commentators etc. think it could have been a yellow at best and maybe not even that. Even all the reasonable fans of other teams agree. Only haters are blowing it out of proportion, making it sound like Ronaldo punched the other guy's teeth in. In reality there was contact and the Valencia player dived, Ronaldo told him to get up and stroked his head. It was NOT violent behavior AT ALL. But still this idiot referee gave him a straight red card which means Ronaldo will be banned for at least one game, unless UEFA decides to extend the ban. If they do, it's obvious they are persecuting him. It's bad enough they ruined his first UCL game of the season (he was having such a good game up to that point) and the next one against Young Boys. They should NOT ruin his homecoming to Manchester. I hope they'll use their brain and will not punish Ronaldo further (since they probably won't have the balls to overturn the red card). By the way, this referee actually got banned from the World Cup after his numerous mistakes in the Switzerland vs. Serbia match. The Champions League is in dire need of VAR, this would have not happened with it.

Also have to mention that Valencia's fans are an absolute disgrace. They were mocking and booing Ronaldo when he was leaving the pitch, waving and flipping him off, even the children. They were basically elated when he was sent off, thinking they had won the game already. Well, Juventus was one man down for 60 minutes and managed to win 2-0, and Valencia even screwed up a penalty in the end of the game. Totally deserved loss for Valencia, served them right.

By the way, I was too distracted to switch to the Real Madrid match even after Ronaldo's red card, I just couldn't focus. But they won 3-0 which is great of course!
Old 10-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I wish they would show more of the games. I have a feeling this week they'll definitely show Barcelona vs Tottenham. That should be interesting seeing as Tottenham has been playing better and Barcelona isn't playing well at all.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would imagine they'd show it since it's one of the biggest games of the round. Tottenham has definitely been improving and Barcelona has had several bad games in a row already so it's interesting to see how it all turns out.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the result. I didn't see the game but I heard on the soccer show they air here that Tottenham's defenders were scared stiff of Messi. Tottenham is in big trouble now. Both Barca and Inter Milan both have 6 points and it will be tough for the Spurs to finish in the top 2. Also I saw people on twitter complaining about the games being aired here in the US. Many people are upset that we get charged to watch game on the computer, that didn't happen last year.

Also I don't know if you've seen these but bleacher report has been these hilarious animated videos called the Champions, they're about all the famous soccer players and managers in Europe.

Episode 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJdRBqQJV3w

Episode 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh6SivS0Dzc

Episode 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHFuWBrD2Lo
Old 03-06-2019, 02:15 AM
Extreme Fan

AFC AJAX!!!

I usually don't talk too much about football over here at FF, but this time I have to do it because of Ajax and what they did at Bernabéu!

Simply amazing.

Quoting Sir Alex Ferguson: "Football, bloody hell!" Or should I say... "Total Football, bloody hell!"

As a Barça fanatic and as someone forever grateful to dutch football for what they did and mean for Barça, I'm very happy.

As you probably know, Real Madrid's last two matches before they faced Ajax were against Barça and they lost the two matches and now lost to Ajax. In a way, because of Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff, Barça and Ajax have the same way of playing and seeing football, so it almost feels like they lost 3 times in a row in the same week to Barça...

This is not about Barça, though. It's about Ajax. Congratulations to them. If there is one team (besides Barça) that I'd like to see ending the Madrid empire at the Champions League, that team is Ajax.

In time, Tadić played the match of his life.

IloveJules! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great win for Ajax!! Taking out Real Madrid as huge. And now PSG has been knocked out by Man U. The CL has been crazy this year.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Champions League!!

AJax took out Juventus and Tottenham took out Man City.

Those are amazing results. I was hoping for those results but I never expected them. All the teams I wanted to advance advanced.

Super excited for the semi finals, I mean Barcelona vs Liverpool!!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The UCL is back tomorrow.