Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah people were talking about it on the Morning shows here and that's a big deal because here soccer isn't a popular as it is in the world. Some sports commentator thoughts Messi was still retired from the national team.

What a shocking result in the Man City vs Liverpool match. I know Liverpool is the only team to have beaten Man City in the PL but I wasn't expecting this.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet creature (View Post)
I didn't see the game, but being Portuguese, his goal is all people talk about here (and probably not just here, I imagine). And honestly, what a goal, wow, he's freaking amazing.
I think it has been talked about all around the world. And deservingly so. People are already saying it's the best goal of the season, possiby the best goal in the UCL ever, it has to win the Puskas award this year. I love that Cristiano himself said it's probably the best goal of his career. I know I won't get tired of watching it again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet creature (View Post)
I thought this was really nice and (excuse this cheesy moment) at the end of the day football should be all about that: appreciating the sport and the talent of everyone involved. I thought it was very deserved.
I totally agree with you. Huge kudos to the Juve fans, they showed class by respecting a beautiful football moment and the one who gave it to us, no matter which side he played for. And I love that Cristiano also thanked them for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
Yeah people were talking about it on the Morning shows here and that's a big deal because here soccer isn't a popular as it is in the world. Some sports commentator thoughts Messi was still retired from the national team.
The fact that the goal is being talked about even on American morning shows proves how amazing it was. And that is so funny some of the commentators think Messi is still retired, I laughed at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
What a shocking result in the Man City vs Liverpool match. I know Liverpool is the only team to have beaten Man City in the PL but I wasn't expecting this.
It was! I was expecting Liverpool to be a tough opponent to Man City, I loved that game between them in the PL. But I wasn't expecting Liverpool to practically take care of this tie in 30 minutes. Man City just seemed to disappear. It's gonna be a huge task for them if they're planning to come back from this.

Actually all the ties seem to be done deals. But there is still next week.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo and Messi are the only soccer players people in the US know. It's sad.

I expected the Man City Liverpool match to be more competitive. I did see that Man City's bus got destroyed by some crazy fans.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess if you don’t follow the sport you would only know the biggest names.

I totally expected that too. Looks like Liverpool has become Man City’s toughest opponent. And yeah, I saw that too. That kind of behavior is always ugly, no matter what team it is.

I realized this week that the Champions League final is on the same night as a concert I will be attending.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's true, I watch soccer and there are still many players I don't know.

Soccer fans are definitely the craziest bunch.

Damn sorry you have to finish the CL final. I hope it's a fun concert.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know them all either.

They can be really crazy. Hoping not to see something like that again for the 2nd leg.

I won't miss it completely, I will likely to see at least the majority of the second half. Depending on when the concert starts (when the artist starts playing) I might even catch the match (almost) from the beginning. But I am a bit bummed, when I bought my ticket in December, it didn't occur to me they're on the same night.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are a lot of soccer players across the world. So many countries how their own league. I'm sure I'll learn who more top players are from watching the World Cup.

I hope so too. There is no need for the fans to cross the line like that.

I totally get that. At least you'll get to watch some of the match. I hope you enjoy the concert.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So true, it’s such a popular sport. But international tournaments are a great way to get to know different players, that’s how I’ve become aware of many of them too.

Agreed, absolutely no need at all.

Yeah, I’m already planning to check the score on my phone during the concert and then watching it on my phone on my way to the hotel after the concert. xD Thanks, I’m sure I will since it’s my favorite artist.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, that's what I'm planning on doing.

That's a good plan.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m watching Man City vs. Liverpool right now. City scored an early goal and it’s been pretty intense so who knows how this will end. ETA: Nope, Liverpool are through, the aggregate is 1-5 now.

ETA2: So Roma did THAT!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 04-10-2018 at 01:41 PM
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still shocked about what happened with Barcelona.

What do you think of the semi finals draw?
Old 04-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This whole week has been shocking. Everyone thought that all the ties were done deals but this just shows anything can happen in football. It was definitely surprising what happened with Barcelona and Roma, it was a wonderful comeback from Roma.

I just want to say that I wish things would have gone down differently with Real Madrid and Juventus because the controversy is out of proportion and really exhausting still 5 days later. But that being said the penalty was justified. The Juve defender shouldn’t have given the referee a chance to call it, it was bad defending from him. He interfered with a clear goal scoring opportunity by jumping on the opponent player’s back. Also we have to remember that nobody was going through at that point yet, it was going to extra time and by the way things were going, I feel like Real would have advanced after that (since Juve’s third goal was a complete gift from our goalie and Real had been the only one attacking for over 30 minutes at that point). Kudos to Ronaldo for his nerves of steel and executing a perfect penalty after having to wait for 5 minutes while some of the Juve players were behaving very unsportsmanlike (kicking and trying to mess up the penalty spot). And Buffon’s red card was unfortunate but he shouldn’t have touched the referee. (I don’t know if a yellow card would have been enough but I’m pretty sure no one would have stopped that penalty.)

Anyway, it was a great game from Juventus and a poor performance from Real Madrid especially in the first half (although Real’s goal was wrongly disallowed, that wasn’t offside). Objectively Real Madrid deserved to go through by scoring more goals.

So, the semi final draw, all I have to say is that I’m tired of facing Bayern. xD

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 04-15-2018 at 09:36 PM
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How many years have they played Bayern now?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the 4th time this decade (and they also faced each other 5 times in the last decade (00's)).

So what do you think of the semi final pairs?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the Liverpool and Roman match up could be interesting. Didn't Mo Salah play for Roma?
Reply   Post New Thread