Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tennis Talk: Because we get enough of all the good action on and off the court!

Welcome to the latest Tennis Talk thread. This is one of FF`s santuaries(the others being the Rafael Nadal thread and my personal favorite, the Maria Sharapova thread.) to discuss all things about tennis. Everyone is welcome here as long as you keep the discussions PG-13(Lets not get too graphic talking tennis players you find attractive) and in a mature fashion(i.e. no bashing of other posters).

Links:

Tours
ATP Tennis.com
Sony Ericsson WTA Tour official site

Team events
Davis Cup.com
Fed Cup.com

Grand Slam tournaments
Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon
US Open

Players
Roger Federer.com
Rafael Nadal.com
Novak Djokovic.com
Andy Roddick.com
James Blake Tennis.com
Richard Gasquet.net
Maria Sharapova.com
Justine Henin.be
Ana Ivanovic.com

Continue our discussion of the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

Also i`ve just saw that Andy Murray has parted ways with Brad Gilbert. I`m not surprised by this. It was pretty obvious in the last few months that they just wasn`t meshing, although i think it`s most likely Brad`s fault. The bad thing about this is that Brad has plenty of free time on his hands. So unless he can find another player to coach, he`ll be back full time on ESPN`s tennis coverage.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 12-07-2007 at 02:53 PM
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think Murray ultimately ended up with too much of his game he has to improve.

Brad was great for a guy like Agassi, who has his game almost all there, and really just needs strategy, but when it comes to helping a developing player improve fundamental stuff, he actually may be more of a hindrance.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

You`re welcome Nik. Glad that you like it. I decided to throw in the links on the OP as an added touch for the fans of any of the players and/or devoted tennis fans like ourselves.

It was another banner day for two of Spain`s top players as Rafa beat Nole 6-4, 6-4 and David Ferrer surprisingly blew out Richard 6-1, 6-1. First of i`m disappointed that Nole ended up going 0-3 in Shanghai. Hopefully he can take this as a learning experience heading into next year. Meanwhile i`m very impressed with how David has been playing lately. He has really turned his game up a couple of notches in the last few months. As for Richard, what a poor performance from him. He looked so bad out on the court. I guess it was one of those matches from him. Anyway Rafa and David have advanced to the semifinals and will await to see who will come out of the other group, which will be decided tomorrow, mainly with the match between Fed and Andy.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

A couple of lopsided matches took place today in the semifinals of the Masters Cup.

In their fourth match of the year, Fed beat Rafa 6-4, 6-1. Very convincing win by Fed, which is pretty rare for him against Rafa. He has definitely returned to his usual high level of play since the loss to Gonzo.

Meanwhile in the other semifinal match, David Ferrer continued his great run in Shanghai by routing Andy 6-1, 6-3. David played very well again throughout the match. As for Andy, he struggled for much of the match with a sore back. Hopefully he`ll take some time off before the Davis Cup finals.

So the finals will be the surprising David Ferrer against the #1 ranked player in the world Roger Federer. David has been playing very well lately, but it`s going to be a tall task for him to beat Fed tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

I honestly never thought David Ferrer would ever play this well (although Andy helped him out today -- for his sake, I hope his back doesn't screw him for DC... that would be cruely ironic, given that he seemed like he was really just using this match play).

I wouldn't even be shocked if he took a set against Fed.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i don't know...beating nadal in straight sets has got to do wonders for the fed ex's confidence...
Old 11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eariler today Fed capped off another very good season by crushing David Ferrer in the Masters Cup final 6-2, 6-3, 6-2. Once again Fed really turned it up from the start and turned the match into a tennis clinic. David was pretty much helpless in the match and obviously no much for Fed. Despite today`s loss, he has had the best year of his career, ending the year ranked #5. What is left to say other than Fed has shown in his last three matches that he`s still the man.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

boo-yah...
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Once he got going, I suppose there was no stopping him.

Click this.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi I'm a new one on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bianca- (View Post)
Once he got going, I suppose there was no stopping him.

Click this.

It's funny lol ! I like the Roger one
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Im always late talking about the events..I have to remember to come here more often!

I was happy to see Fed won I wish I could've seen the matches he had against Nadal and Ferrer. It was the first time in awhile that I missed the matches. Doh

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys I love tennis but haven't been keeping up with it lately, I have no idea who the top 10 men or female tennis players are anymore .. well except Federer.

Can someone tell me who has won the majors this year?

Thanks

By the way, I'm an Aussie so I'm a Hewitt Fan even though he hasn't been in good form for awhile
Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well you should know that Fed once again won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US open, while Rafa again won the French Open. On the women`s side, Justine Henin continued her dominance at the French Open and won the US Open, while the Williams sisters each won the Australian Open and Wimbledon. So there`s your Grand Slam winners for this year.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have no idea what's happened to hewitt
back in 01-02 he was thought of as the future now he rarely appears in majors...kind of sad really
Closed Thread   Post New Thread