Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2019, 06:07 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the updates, Rod.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Nikki.

Here is the latest update from the tour.

First of all in Antwerp, Andy Murray defeated Stan 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to win the European Open.

What a great win for Andy, who won his first title since getting hip surgery earlier this year. He had a great comeback against the always tough Stan to capture his first title in over a couple of years. It looked like we were seeing the last of Andy, but he made his way back slowly and it all came to fruition yesterday.

Also Denis Shapovalov won the Stockholm Open, Andrey Rublev and Belinda Bencic won the Kremlin Cup and Jelena Ostapenko won the Luxembourg Open.

Meanwhile in the previous week's events; Coco Gauff captured her first singles title by winning the Upper Austria Ladies Linz, Rebecca Peterson won the Tianjin Open and Daniil Medvedev won the Rolex Shanghai Masters.

So that's the latest update from the tour.

This week's events, which are in progress, are the Swiss Indoors Basel, the Erste Bank Open 500 and the WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai.

Lastly in off the court news, Rafa and Xisca tied the knot this past weekend.

Congrats to them on their nuptials. Rafa is the last of the Big 4 to get married.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:10 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the info, Rod.

Aww, what a sweet and beautiful picture! Congrats to Rafa and Xisca!

I am so incredibly happy for Andy's win.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:34 AM
MST Manager

What an EPIC comeback for Nadal today against Medvedev being down 1-5 in the 3rd set!

Old 12-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is the end of the season update from the tour.

First of all in the newly revamped Davis Cup, Spain won it by defeating Canada 2-0 in the final. Great win for the Spanish Armada, who won their first Davis Cup title since 2011.

In the ATP World Tour Finals, Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Dominic Thiem 6-7(6), 6-2, 7-6(4) in the singles final, while Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut defeated Raven Klaasen and Michael Venus 6-3, 6-4 in the doubles final.

In the WTA Finals, Ashleigh Barty won the singles, while Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic won the doubles title.

Also here are the other title winners in the late season tournaments:

WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai: Aryna Sabalenka
Rolex Paris Masters: Novak Djokovic
Erste Bank Open 500: Dominic Thiem
Swiss Indoors Basel: Roger Federer

So that's the latest update from the tour. Currently we are in the off-season. However we are closing in on the Australian Open with the warm-up tournaments around the corner.

Meanwhile in off the court news, Caroline announced her impending retirement earlier, with the upcoming Australia Open being her last tournament. In a way, I'm not surprised that Caro is calling it a day, but I didn't think that it would be this soon. She struggled with injuries this past season and didn't win a title for the first time since 2007, not mention tying the knot with David Lee. I do hope that Caro can show some of the old magic one last time Down Under.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:30 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the end of the season updates, Rod.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

The 2020 season is finally here. The first events of the year are the ATP Cup, the Shehzhen Open, the Brisbane International, the Qatar ExxonMobile Open and the ASB Classic.

Also Andy Murray has withdrawn from the Australian Open due a pelvic injury. Tough break there for Andy, who ended the year strong with a title win in Belgium in October.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 01-02-2020 at 06:12 AM
Old 01-02-2020, 10:11 AM
MST Manager

The 2020 tennis season is here!

Thanks for the updates/news, Rod.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the updates guys.

The Aussie Open is starting!!!

As a Canadian this hurts though.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:51 AM
MST Manager

Aww, wishing a speedy recovery to Bianca.

Australian Open starts next week!
Old 01-19-2020, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is the first update of the new year, starting with the this past week's events.

First of all in Adelaide, hometown favorite Ashleigh Barty and Andrey Rublev won the Adelaide International.

In Hobart, Elena Rybakina won the Hobart International.

Also in Auckland, Ugo Humbert won the ASB Classic.

Meanwhile in the first events of the year; Serena Williams won the ASB Classic, Andrey Rublev won the Qatar ExxonMobile Open, Ekaterina Alexandrova won the Shenzhen Open and Karolina Pliskova won the Brisbane International.

So that's the update from the first events of the year.

Next up on the schedule will be the Australian Open.

The first Grand Slam of the year gets underway later tonight. First of all, reigning women's singles champion Naomi Osaka will begin her quest to repeat as she will take on Marie Bouzkova in the first match at Rod Laver Arena. Former champions Serena Williams and Fed will follow in the next matches for the afternoon session. Also we'll have an intriguing looking match at Margaret Court Arena as Venus Williams face Coco Gauff. This will be their second meeting in a Grand Slam first round, with the first meeting at Wimbledon last year. Denis Shapovalov, Petra Kvitova, Grigor Dimitrov, Madison Keys, Fabio Fognini and Joanna Konta will also be in action in the afternoon session along with Caroline, who will begin her final tournament. Meanwhile in the evening session, reigning men's singles champion Nole will start his quest for a record 8th title as he will play Jan-Lennard Struff, while hometown favorite Ashleigh Barty will take on Lesia Tsurenko in the preceding match at Rod Laver Arena. Plus Stefanos Tsitsipas and Sloane Stephens will be in action at Margaret Court Arena.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is the first update from the Australian Open.

First of all, the reigning singles champions lead the way with different results as Naomi Osaka defeated Marie Bouzkova 6-2, 6-4; while Nole had some trouble with Jan-Lennard Struff, but came out with a 7-6(5), 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 win.

Former champions Fed, Serena Williams and Caroline along with Petra Kvitová, Sofia Kenin and Stefanos Tsitsipas won their matches in straight sets, while Grigor Dimitrov defeated Juan Ignacio Londero 4-6, 6-2, 6-0, 6-4 and hometown favorite Ashleigh Barty defeated Lesia Tsurenko 5-7, 6-1, 6-1.

Also we already got some upsets as Sam Querrey defeated Borna Coric 6-3, 6-4, 6-4; Marton Fucsovics defeated Denis Shapovalov 6-3, 6-7(7), 6-1, 7-6(3) and Shuai Zhang defeated Sloane Stephens 6-2, 5-7, 6-2.

Plus in the featured match of the day, Coco Gauff defeated Venus Williams 7-6(5), 6-3.

Lastly the rest of the matches on the outer courts were suspended and postponed due to rain.

So that's the story from day 1 in Melbourne. Here is the schedule for Tonight's matches.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:51 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Nikki.

Here is the latest update from the Australian Open.

First of all; Rafa, Simona Halep, Karolina Pliskova, Sasha Zverev, Belinda Bencic, Daniil Medvedev, Angelique Kerber, John Isner and Elina Svitolina won their matches in straight sets.

Also former champion Stan had trouble with Andreas Seppi, but pulled out a 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 win, while Gael Monfils defeated Ivo Karolvic 4-6, 7-6(8), 6-4, 7-5 and Nick Kyrgios defeated Gilles Simon 6-2, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5.

So that's the story from yesterday's matches in Melbourne. Coming up later Tonight, Ashleigh Barty, Serena Williams and Nole will be headlining the Day session along with Caroline, Petra Kvitová and Madison Keys. The Night session will be headlined by an intriguing looking match at Rod Laver Arena as reigning women's champion Naomi Osaka will take on Coco Gauff. Fed and Sofia Kenin will also be in action and Stefanos Tsitsipas will face Milos Raonic.
Also
Old 01-23-2020, 05:45 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Caroline is not seeded in this tournament, but has won her first 2 matches thankfully.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread