Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes the timezones can definitely be a problem. Most of the Australian open is on here in the middle of the night. Last night's final match ended here at 1 in the morning.

Del Po vs Murray would have been an interesting match. My mom was upset Murray lost but she knows he isn't fully back yet.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 PM
MST Manager

I just don't understand Krygios.

He has so much potential and I love to watch him play his game when he plays his game. Why does he love drama so damn much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I'm a fan of Delpo too.
He is my second favorite after Nadal. I just adore him.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to see Venus and Serena Williams playing each other
I am hoping they both lose.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:06 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
In europe its the middle of the night for the night matches from the US

in Asia/ New Zealand/ Australia, you can see those matches from the morning through to lunchtime

With regards to time zones:
Europe has the worst time zone to watch Major League Baseball and American sports that are on in the evenings

America has the worst time zone to watch sports of any kind from Europe, unless its Champions League soccer in the evening (on between breakfast and lunch), America really misses out. Sports on in the daytime in New Zealand/ Australia can be watched from late afternoon/ evening, but sports on in the evening in Australia are also on in the graveyard shift hours
I don't know if it's that bad for the U.S. to watch sports in Europe. The Premier League airs matches on Saturdays I think beginning before 4:45 A.M. Pacific Time, but also air matches at 7:00 A.M. & 9:30 A.M. is their late match. On Sunday's it's about an hour later for 2 TV matches then about 12:00 P.M. Pacific Time for whatever match NBCSN airs on Monday. Now I will point out that watching Wimbledon in the U.S. or Roland Garros at least on the West Coast is challenging because they air so early here.

Cheering Caroline on today & curious to see how Milos does vs. Warinka tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Fan

@catflam, that is interesting i did not know that, my american friend has often told me that europe has the weirdest time zone compared to the pacific northwest, mainly because america sleeps through the time (11pm to 6am) when its daytime in europe.

Although, luckily, they schedule the world cup final on at a waking time for both Europe and America, which is evening in Europe (6pm to 9pm) and the middle of the day in both American continents so they get to maximise the amount of people who can watch -the audience for the world cup final is 800 million*.

Anyway, Heres Damian Lewis from Billions, Homeland getting interviewed for the US Open

*The second closest audience to getting that amount of viewers for any television event is the super bowl, at 100 million, but that is a third of the population of the country

EDIT it remains that the australian open is the hardest grand slam to gain a captive audience, even though its in the asian time zone, America can watch the day sessions from late afternoon/ evening, but europe (the main tennis audience) gets a chance to watch the evening sessions between breakfast and lunch.

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 08-30-2018 at 06:39 PM
Old 08-31-2018, 01:58 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the clip. Great Shakespeare question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I just don't understand Krygios.

He has so much potential and I love to watch him play his game when he plays his game. Why does he love drama so damn much?

He is my second favorite after Nadal. I just adore him.

I am hoping they both lose.
I hope Venus wins because it would be unexpected.

I don't know what's wrong with Kyrgios. What he does is annoying. I don't know what the umpire was doing giving him a pep talk.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
umpire was doing giving him a pep talk.

i think the umpire was questioning his level of trying, because you can get fined for playing at a low level/ not putting in any effort. Players get a fair paycheque even if they lose, but if they lose without even putting in any effort, they will get fined
Old 08-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
i think the umpire was questioning his level of trying, because you can get fined for playing at a low level/ not putting in any effort. Players get a fair paycheque even if they lose, but if they lose without even putting in any effort, they will get fined
Yes I believe so too. Which sort of makes sense since Kyrgios has a history of not always putting forth an effort. I remember an umpire doing the same thing with Monfills a few years back.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:44 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Disappointing loss by Caroline yesterday.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:18 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Disappointing loss by Caroline yesterday.
Very.

But, what a match with Nadal today! VAMOS! Karen gave him all he had and more. That match was so good and exciting.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:09 AM
MST Manager

Yes, it's a shame that Caroline lost.

I saw the highlights of the Nadal match. Amazing!
Old 09-01-2018, 12:43 PM
MST Manager

Kerber is in major trouble right now.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:06 AM
MST Manager

Wow! Great Cibulkova/Kerber match. I like them both but I'm glad that Cibulkova won. I like upsets unless I particularly prefer the favourite player.

Great win for Kohlschreiber against Zverev!
Old 09-02-2018, 03:17 PM
MST Manager

I am so disappointed that Kerber lost.

But, I am so happy for Pliskova! I hope she continues to do well.

Nadal again almost gave me a heart attack, but came through today. Going to be a good match with him and Thiem. I always love to watch them play each other.

And, Cilic coming through that 5-setter! WOW.

Del Po tonight.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That Cilic match last night was crazy. That final set was no dramatic and intense.

Also it was an interesting match between Roger and Kyrgios. I thought Kyrgios played well in the first and third set but he was awful that second set. And that shot Roger made was incredible.

Nadal really has been having some interesting matches.

Great win by Sloane just now.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:18 AM
MST Manager

I hope Pliskova beats Serena.

I like a lot of the players still in the men's and women's draw. I don't know who I want to win the tournament.