Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I apologize for not doing the updates lately. I've been busy at times and not as interested in the U.S. Open as in years past.

Here's an update from yesterday's matches at the U.S. Open.

First of all in the all American women's singles final, Sloane Stephens routed Madison Keys 6-3, 6-0.

Impressive performance by Sloane, who captured her first Grand Slam title.

Just a month ago, she was rated 957th and now she has won the U.S. Open.

In the mixed doubles final, Martina Hingis and Jamie Murray defeated Hao-Ching Chan and Michael Venus 6-1, 4-6, 10-8.

Also in the men's doubles final, which was played on Friday, Jean-Julian Rojer and Horia Tecau defeated Feliciano and Marc Lopez 6-4, 6-3.

So that's the story from the earlier finals at the U.S. Open.

The U.S. Open concludes today with the men's singles final where Rafa will take on Kevin Anderson. Rafa will be looking to capture his third U.S. Open title and 16th Grand Slam title, while Kevin Anderson, who is the first South African man to make it to the U.S. Open final since Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, will try to win his first Grand Slam title.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:37 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the updates and pics.

I am thrilled for Sloane! What a great win for her!

And, of course, I am happy for Nadal, that's my boy. Very happy he won again today!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Rafa capped off another great run at the U.S. Open with a pretty good performance to clinch the title yesterday.

With the win, Rafa wins his third U.S. Open title and 16th Grand Slam title.

Also in the women's doubles final, Martina Hingis and Yung-Jan Chan defeated Lucie Hradecka and Katerina Siniakova 6-3, 6-2.

Great win for the ladies. Martina Hingis wins her 2nd title at the U.S. Open for the second time in three years and now has won six titles at the U.S. Open. Plus she now has 25 Grand Slam titles, which is second behind Serena Williams' 39 for most total Grand Slam titles by current players. Of course i can't forget to mention that Yung-Jan Chan has won her first Grand Slam title.

Plus in the Juniors events; Wu Yibing won the Boys' Singles title and also won the Boys' Doubles title with Hsu Yu-hsiou, Amanda Anisimova won the Girls' Singles title and Olga Danilovic and Marta Kostyuk won the Girls' Doubles title.

So that's the story from the U.S. Open.

Next up on the schedule this week will be the Coupe Banque Nationale in Quebec City, the Japan Women's Open and the Davis Cup semifinals and World Group Play-Offs next weekend.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm super happy for Sloane. I loved the speech she gave after she won. I was expecting Madison to play better.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is an update from the Davis Cup semifinals and yesterday's finals.

First of all in Brussels, Belgium rallied from down 1-2 to defeat Australia 3-2 with David Goffin defeating Nick Kyrgios 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 and Steve Darcis defeating Jordan Thompson 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in the deciding rubber.

In Lille, France defeated Serbia 3-1. Jo-Wilfried lead the way for the French Connection, defeating Laslo Djere 7-6(2), 6-3, 6-3 and then defeating Dusan Lajovic 2-6, 6-2, 7-6(5), 6-2 to clinch the tie for the French Connection.

Meanwhile on the women's side, we got a couple of first time title winners as Zarina Diyas won the Japan Women's Open Tennis and Alison Van Uytvanck won the Coupe Banque Nationale.

So that's the story from this past week's events. The Davis Cup final between France and Belgium is scheduled to be held on November 24-26 at a location to be determined in France.

Next up on the schedule this week will be the Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, the Guangzhou Open, the Korea Open in Seoul, the St. Petersburg Open and the Moselle Open in Metz, France. Karolina Pliskova will be headlining the Toray Pan Pacific Open along with Angelique Kerber, Caroline, Aga Radwanska, Wimbledon champion Garbine Muguruza and Petra Kvitova; while Jo-Wilfried is scheduled to play in St. Petersburg.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Double post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds exciting. I haven't had access to tennis since the US Open.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:25 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news, Rod.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I apologize for the lack of updates lately. I've drifted away from tennis recently, but will get back to doing regular updates.

Anyway here's an update from this weekend's finals.

First of Shanghai, Rafa and Fed meet for the fourth time this year where Fed came out with 6-4, 6-3 win to capture the Shanghai Masters.

Good win for Federal, who not only moved to 4-0 against Rafa this year, but also his fourth Masters title and sixth title overall.

In Tianjin, Maria defeated Aryna Sabalenka 7-5, 7-6(8) to win the Tianjin Open.

Great win for Maria, who captured her first title since coming back from suspension. I'm very happy for that she was able to get back in the winner's circle. This is a big step forward for her.

Also Barbora Strycova won the Upper Austria Ladies Linz and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova won the Hong Kong Tennis Open.

So that's the latest update from the tour.

Next up on the schedule this week are the Kremlin Cup in Moscow, the European Open in Antwerp, the Stockholm Open and the Luxembourg Open.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting. So super excited that Roger beat Rafa for the 4th time this year. Very happy that Maria won her first title in 2 years as well.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the updates!

Disappointed that Nadal lost to Federer again.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I wouldn't have thought Roger would beat him every time they played this year.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:01 PM
MST Manager

True.

Glad Nadal will end this tennis year/season at #1, though. So very happy for him!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Caroline Wozniacki is having best week ever, follows up WTA Finals win with engagement to David Lee

Wow! Congrats to Caroline. Wish her well.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow that's great for her.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread