Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gij:
<STRONG>And as for Sailor getting kicked off for that stupid stupid STUPID tackle of his - it makes me so mad! What was he DOING?!?!</STRONG>
Is Sailor's sinbinning enough to demote him to the bench? &lt;looks hopeful&gt;. Didn't realise he was sin-binned until reading the papers today. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

FINN: OK that we're here love?
LOGAN: Of course it's ok.
FINN: Logan, I haven't called you love since that sultry night in Bimini.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Cannon was lucky not to follow Sailor right afterwards when he also tackled in the air.

One of the linesmen had a Barry Crocker last night - he kept on misjudging where the lineouts were to be held - he misjudged Bernie's kick by over 10 metres at one stage (and to make it worse it wasn't in favour of Australia and lead to one of the NZ tries) &lt;g&gt;

Twitter: nlm78
Old 07-28-2003, 04:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gossipcom:
<STRONG>Cannon was lucky not to follow Sailor right afterwards when he also tackled in the air.

One of the linesmen had a Barry Crocker last night - he kept on misjudging where the lineouts were to be held - he misjudged Bernie's kick by over 10 metres at one stage (and to make it worse it wasn't in favour of Australia and lead to one of the NZ tries) &lt;g&gt;</STRONG>
Makes me now not want to watch the game. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

We're not aloud to talk about the game in my house, especially not infront of my dad [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Totally agree about Tuquiri, he was hardly impressive.

I was so exited after we scored that first try, I thought great this looks like it will be a contest. A great contrast to what I was feeling when Wendell was sent off and I thought leaguies were suposed to be great tacklers [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
, Wendell was beaten so many times I lost count.

[ 07-28-2003: Message edited lollies ]
Old 07-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies:
<STRONG>I was so exited after we scored that first try, I thought great this looks like it will be a contest. A great contrast to what I was feeling when Wendell was sent off and I thought leaguies were suposed to be great tacklers [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Me too! I thought that after we scored the first try, I thought we'd actually have a typical Bledisloe game. Needless to say I was shocked when I heard that the Kiwis scored three more tries (after the initial try).

Hmph. Bring Scott Staniforth to the team. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 11:09 PM
gij
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>

Hmph. Bring Scott Staniforth to the team. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
*shrug* in the paper they were talking about matt dunning. i think they were joking...? they were also saying george gregan is letting the team down in some ways, which got my hackles up, but, i dunno...

g
Old 07-30-2003, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

*shrug* in the paper they were talking about matt dunning. i think they were joking...? they were also saying george gregan is letting the team down in some ways, which got my hackles up, but, i dunno...

g</STRONG>
I don't think it's all the captain's fault it was a team effort that totally wasn't there.

At least Eddie came out and blame the lose on himself yesterday &lt;g&gt;

Matt Giteau's back in the team *woohoo*.

Old 07-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

</STRONG>
I'm partial for anyone from my local club to be in the national sides [eg. Staniforth, Dunning, Paul, Harrison] but then again, I want these rep. players playing for the club. Ok, I'm just a little biased.

I really don't care who's on the team, just as long as they have proven that they deserve to be on the team & that they can at least bring some excitement to the game.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:18 PM
gij
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
I really don't care who's on the team, just as long as they have proven that they deserve to be on the team & that they can at least bring some excitement to the game.</STRONG>
yeah, same, but i have conflict. i mean i wuuuuv matty burke and george gregan... but latham has taken matt's spot for this week at least, and you can't deny he can play, and rogers is so great, but wendell is crapping me off so much lately.

the bloody forwards make me want to slap them upside of the heads, but i'm not that brave.

g
Old 08-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Springboks V Wallabies

I didn't really see anything in the game that convinced me that the Wallabies can compete well with the All Blacks but as they say a wins a win. There was some good individual performances especially Phil Waugh and Brendon Cannon, Larkham still looks shaky especially his kicking game.

What did you guys make of all the foul play? I think they got off lightly, especially the eye gouger. Did you see the photos of Cannon? Ouch!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lollies:
<STRONG>Springboks V Wallabies

I didn't really see anything in the game that convinced me that the Wallabies can compete well with the All Blacks but as they say a wins a win. There was some good individual performances especially Phil Waugh and Brendon Cannon, Larkham still looks shaky especially his kicking game.

What did you guys make of all the foul play? I think they got off lightly, especially the eye gouger. Did you see the photos of Cannon? Ouch!</STRONG>

he's definitely still shaky - though at least his passing game was hitting the mark on Saturday; I said to my dad maybe by the time the world cup comes along he'll be back to a bit of the form he was at the beginning of the year.

Waugh played well and deserved MotM - another one to praise was George Smith - though I have a major problem with Finnegan not being considered for the starting position now that Kefu is injured [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Nadine

Old 08-06-2003, 06:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lollies:
<STRONG>What did you guys make of all the foul play? I think they got off lightly, especially the eye gouger. Did you see the photos of Cannon? Ouch!</STRONG>
They got suspended for a couple of weeks, which only constitutes as one game. What's the point in that? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 07:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

They got suspended for a couple of weeks, which only constitutes as one game. What's the point in that? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Exactly, the punishment is almost as disgraceful as the foul play. I love how the Boks tried to make it seem that they were the victims because of Gregan's "Disgrace to world rugby" commments. Usually I wish George would keep his mouth shut but I agree with him 100% on this one.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:33 AM
Total Fan

Kiwis retain the Tri-nation.

Haven't watched the Kiwi/Springboks game. I was working. I don't think I'll be watching the repay either.

Did anyone see it? Comments?

Old 08-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Nope didn't see it

*gulp* I was at the Swans/Hawks match seeing the Swans get hammered and my favourite player get injured *groan*.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread