Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I just wanted to stop in, and say hi.
I play varsity rugby at school...I'm a prop/hooker. I think I'm going to start playing club rugby this summer.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:46 AM
Total Fan

Tri-nations beginning soon.

Who do you think will win?

FINN: OK that we're here love?
LOGAN: Of course it's ok.
FINN: Logan, I haven't called you love since that sultry night in Bimini.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>Tri-nations beginning soon.

Who do you think will win?</STRONG>
I'll have to go with the All Blacks, actually I tip a repeat of last year with the Kiwi's taking the Tri nations us Aussies just hanging on to the Bledisloe and the Springboks picking up the woodenspoon.

Anyone lucky enough to pick up Bledisloe Cup tickets this year? I missed out as usual [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Total Fan

Opinions on Saturday night's game?

I think the Springboks played quite well and the Wallabies, well, were quite crap. The Wallabies, I think, need to improve on all facets of the game, including discipline.

I think the Kiwis will win the Tri-nations and also have a chance of winning the Bledisloe.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah the Wallabies are playing awful, to me the major difference between the teams on Saturday was that the Springboks wanted to win more. To me the wallabies are lacking a bit of passion, that and they seem to be doing all the simple skills wrong. Damn that lineout.
And that Brent Russel scares me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 04:46 AM
Total Fan

And I don't think the Wallabies were expecting the Springboks to play the expansive game.

It'd be interesting to see how the Springboks play against the Kiwis.

Old 07-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ouch! All blacks 52 v Springboks 16.
I didn't get to see the match unfortunately, were the Kiwi's as good as the scoreline suggests?

This definitely makes you wonder how bad the Wallabies are playing at the moment, but I guess we'll find out next Saturday.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:45 AM
Total Fan

I didn't see the weekend's game either. But from the sounds of it, the All Blacks played extremely well, as suggested by the scoreline.

And this week, I have another 18th. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] People and their parties during a rugby weekend. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to the Bledisloe Cup tomorrow night *woohoo*.

I'm hoping my man Mr. Larkham decides to not injure himself like the last time I saw him play against the Crusaders *shudders*.

I'm also hoping it's a bit more interesting than the Wales test match.

Nadine

Twitter: nlm78
Old 07-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gossipcom:
<STRONG>I'm going to the Bledisloe Cup tomorrow night *woohoo*.

I'm hoping my man Mr. Larkham decides to not injure himself like the last time I saw him play against the Crusaders *shudders*.

I'm also hoping it's a bit more interesting than the Wales test match.

Nadine</STRONG>
Lucky you. I want to go. There are still tickets left right? Stupid ruddy parties. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Well, I hope he doesn't injury himself either.

All 3 league converts in the starting lineup. &lt;grumbles&gt;

Can someone please tell me the deal about Mortlock? He's injured, but when is he expected to recover? He was one of my fav. players.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>Well, I hope he doesn't injury himself either.

Can someone please tell me the deal about Mortlock? He's injured, but when is he expected to recover? He was one of my fav. players.</STRONG>
He's due back on the training field in about 4-6 weeks - he's about 8 weeks ahead of his recovery schedule at the moment which is a good thing - so if he can get through the next 4 weeks he'll be back playing club rugby before the WC [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Also fingers crossed he signs his new Brumbies contract next week *sigh* we got Gits again *yay*

Speaking of tickets.

I actually have one spare Bledisloe Cup ticket - not sure if anyone out there is interested in buying it though - I paid $150 for it though it's worth a bit less, but I'm willing to sell it for $150.

If anyone is interested PM before 7.30am (AEST) on the day and I'll give you details of where you can get the ticket off me.

Nadine

Old 07-26-2003, 04:50 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

That game was bl**dy CRAP.

What are they *doing* out there? Wendell Sailor is becoming a joke with those missed tackles of his. He just cannot get it together! And then he does one of his amazing runs and gets us a try and I can't hate him! And it isn't fair!

Matthew Burke... I love him. But his kicking was CRAP, although I did love his try. Matt Rogers, Sailor and Burkey working together makes me jump up and down and giggle like a little girl.

Matt Rogers try was sweet too. And I love Larkham, even though he was a bit... spacey, tonight. And Latham rocks my little socks off.

Anyway. Who knows anything about Carter, that guy who came on for Spencer at the end? I've never seen him before, and d*mn, he's hot.

-gij
Old 07-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gij:
<STRONG>That game was bl**dy CRAP.

What are they *doing* out there? Wendell Sailor is becoming a joke with those missed tackles of his. He just cannot get it together! And then he does one of his amazing runs and gets us a try and I can't hate him! And it isn't fair!

Matt Rogers try was sweet too. And I love Larkham, even though he was a bit... spacey, tonight. And Latham rocks my little socks off.

-gij</STRONG>
lol spacey was a bloody good way to describe it, he was kicks were shockers, well most of them.

I'm not a Latham fan at all so I'm not even going to go there, except to say I once blasted a journalist when they referred to Larkham instead of Latham's position as the Wallaby fullback was in jeopardy &lt;vbg&gt;

We left the stadium 5 mins before the end so we missed the Rogers try *ugh*

The one aspect I did like tonight was Larkham running with the ball he had the most line breaks of all the players (who didn't score tries, etc). If only the guy would run more.

Our defensive effort was absolutely crap - ugh, can someone please sack the whole team and bring on some new blood - we need to get Mortlock back at WC time, and bring on Giteau and Gerrard (I have no idea why they didn't include Gerrard in the squad the guy's an amazing Under 21 player who can also kick goals) *sigh*

Carlos Spencer was limping around the whole night so we can only hope he niggled an old injury &lt;g&gt;

Yeah Carter's damn fine looking - the last time I saw him play (Crusaders vs Brumbies - bad bad match to remember - though brought on a funny moment when I met Bernie at the Wales test match a month back) he ruined it for me and did it again tonight - he also has a habit of staying on the field after slamming players head high *grrr*.

Nadine

Old 07-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Total Fan

Haven't watched the game but I know we got our arse's walloped. Saw the first 20 minutes though.

Yup. I hate Sailor. He missed tackles but because he's some fancy schmacy recruit, everyone overlooks that when he makes busts and scores a try or two. And it *****ing annoys me! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 08:04 PM
gij
Loyal Fan

Anyone else annoyed at the total lack of performance by Tuquiri last night? Like, WHERE WAS HE?

And as for Sailor getting kicked off for that stupid stupid STUPID tackle of his - it makes me so mad! What was he DOING?!?!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread