Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:29 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

My brother was at the Ritz today and ran into the into Wallabies team and shook hands with them. The little b*stard. I'm so jealous. I've met Georgie before, I even have a great photo of me and him - and he put his arm around me *dies* - but I wanna meet them all...

I'm disappointed Matt Burke didn't get into the Wallabies, but no surprised. His game's been off this year, maybe he's on the way out...? I hope not, I love him to little bits.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Total Fan

My sister has had her photo taken with Scott Staniforth and Matt Burke. She got it when they were doing an in-store signing for our local club.

FINN: OK that we're here love?
LOGAN: Of course it's ok.
FINN: Logan, I haven't called you love since that sultry night in Bimini.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

What did you guys think of the new commentary team? I wasn't impressed; they were pretty flat Gordon Bray is much better than that David Fordham.

Agreed that there weren't many positives to come out of the Irish game, the score line was very flattering thanks to the ref (that penalty try was a joke)

Saturday looks like a good rugby night, I'm interested to see how England go because if we play like we did against the Irish we are going to get beaten the following week.

PS: Happy 18th Birthday Poohead [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 03:49 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

Waratahs vs Samoa tonight! My dad called me at lunch to tell me he got tickets! *cheers for her dad*

ETA friggin' Waratahs. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, once more.

[ 06-13-2003: Message edited gij ]
Old 06-14-2003, 04:10 AM
Total Fan

Congralutations to Eastern Suburbs for winning the NSW Shute Shield today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wallabies v Wales. Everyone is expecting the Wallabies to win. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I'm more interested to see how England play against the All Blacks. If England play well, then I'm listing them, with the All Blacks, as likely World Cup winners.

[ 06-14-2003: Message edited poohead ]

Old 06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Jam!!

I'm not personally that knowledgeable about rugby, but I'm ok with any sport that lets girl's beat the crap out of each other. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

How many teams started out in the World Cup?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:57 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>Congralutations to Eastern Suburbs for winning the NSW Shute Shield today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wallabies v Wales. Everyone is expecting the Wallabies to win. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I'm more interested to see how England play against the All Blacks. If England play well, then I'm listing them, with the All Blacks, as likely World Cup winners.

[ 06-14-2003: Message edited poohead ]</STRONG>
I haven't watched the All Blacks vs England game yet, but I'm told they won on points, not tries, and without their penalty kicker, they're lost. Any truth to the rumour?

Anyone not hear about Elton Flatley? I understand it, but I'm still cr*pped off.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gij:
<STRONG>

I haven't watched the All Blacks vs England game yet, but I'm told they won on points, not tries, and without their penalty kicker, they're lost. Any truth to the rumour?

Anyone not hear about Elton Flatley? I understand it, but I'm still cr*pped off.</STRONG>

I watched most of it. The All Blacks scored one try, England won on penalty kicks. And aye. Don't diss Jonny Wilkinson. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But. As I was watching the game, it appeared that the NZ commentators were very frustrated with the referee, an Aussie. I think it was Stuart Dickinson.

And yes, I heard about Elton Flately. I'm not pissed about it because he did break the rules and should deal with the consequences.

Either way, his sacking makes no difference. I doubt the Wallabies will win agaisnt the Poms.

Old 06-17-2003, 01:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Am I the only one who thinks the Wallabies are going to get the crap beaten out of them against England?

I mean, of course I hope they win, but they were so unconvincing against Wales, and now the whole Flatley thing makes me feel like they don't stand a chance. Nathan Grey at flyhalf? Come on.

I went to the Wales game and rather enjoyed myself, but it had more to do with the amount of beer I consumed than the game. On the whole they played uninspiring football, although that first Wendell Sailor try was pretty cool. Oh, and a word of advice - the members section at Stadium Australia isn't really worth the bother. The view is great and the booze lines are short, but the people are wankers and there's no atmosphere.

Objectively speaking, England are a very good team, but I personally can't stand the style of rugby they play - forcing a whole lot of penalties so that Wilkinson can kick them to victory. People want to see tries, not penalty goals. Also, their coach is a prick. Ugh, England. I hate them so much that I was actually cheering for the All Blacks for the first time in my life the other night.

Also? BRING BACK GORDON BRAY!! That other loser sucks. I've always ragged on Gordon pretty heavily, but listening to Whatsisface commentating the Ireland game made me realise Gordon's not that bad - he's actually kind of endearing, even. I read a bit in the paper that said Channel 7 aren't happy with him because he's "too rugby" and doesn't appeal to a wider audience. Stupid Channel 7. I'll tell you one thing, if they get rid of Buddha there will be hell to pay.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:20 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

*sighs* If that's how England play, I don't like it either, but I suspect Aus isn't going to go too well. Last week, penalty kicking was a joke. A BAD joke.

Anyone really hate the ref from the All Blacks vs England game? I watched about ten minutes and I wanted to choke him.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Even though the Wallabies are playing very ordinary at the moment I'm not as worried about England as I was before they played New Zealand, they never looked like scoring a try. Having said that England will probably still win considering Flatley's out and Johnny Wilkinson's goal kicking but I don't think it will be a thrashing.

Is Mat Rogers still injured? I think they should consider bringing him into the side now Flatley's out.

Apparently the game is almost a sell out, it's good to see the game is getting some good support in Melbourne even if there is no AFL on this weekend.

I really hope the refs don't turn the World Cup into a bore fest but their performances so far don't give me much hope otherwise.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:26 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies:
<STRONG>

Is Mat Rogers still injured? I think they should consider bringing him into the side now Flatley's out.
</STRONG>
He has a foot injury still, but he's played a couple club games, I think, and he and Matt Burke were both pulled into the Wallabies training session this week.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Total Fan

Matt Rogers will be on the bench this weekend, I think.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:39 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

They shoulda brought him in sooner.

The English played... well, but not cleanly, and i think we all know it.

I'll be back in a few weeks.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:38 AM
Total Fan

Ah well. The Pommies won.

I watched most of the game and was extremely disappointed in the way we played.

And yeah. Rogers should have been on earlier.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread