Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 06:06 PM
New Fan

Rugby Thread- Ruck Over!

this thread, obviously, is about Rugby... anyone can post here, if you play rugby or want to know more about it or whatever.

but starting out, to all of y'all who play, what's you position? i'm a Outside Center in the back line.

Jam

[ 05-17-2003: Message edited Jam4myBread ]
Old 05-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Total Fan

Yay. A rugby thread. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I don't play rugby because I'm a girl. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] But I am a huge fan of the game.

Question for all: Which team do you think will be successful in this year's World Cup?

FINN: OK that we're here love?
LOGAN: Of course it's ok.
FINN: Logan, I haven't called you love since that sultry night in Bimini.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm also a girl and a big rugby fan,I've never played, who knows maybe one day I'll join a women's team. Though for some reason I can't see myself tackling someone or being caught at the bottom of a ruck. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

For me New Zealand will probably be the team to beat at the World Cup, the majority of their players have been in red hot form for the super 12. England is also a possibility but I wan't to see their form out here in Australia first.

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited lollies ]
Old 05-22-2003, 09:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>

Question for all: Which team do you think will be successful in this year's World Cup?</STRONG>
I think Australia.. but i'm not sure, i haven't been paying attention to the World Cup this year.

I'm also a girl. I'm on my high school team. And i'm the smallest player and proud of it! i weigh 110 lbs. Obvioulsy i'm in the back line. I'm an outside center. Right now, we are undefeated and about to start State semi finals and finals! Wish us luck

Jam
Old 05-22-2003, 09:09 PM
New Fan

uggh double post sorry.

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited Jam4myBread ]
Old 05-23-2003, 01:58 AM
Total Fan

I don't think Australia will win. And I'm from Australia. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

My friend plays for the women's team at uni. However, the team she's playing isn't 15-a side. It's tens. It's interesting to see where her bruises are every time she plays. She's not butch-built either.

Old 05-24-2003, 11:15 PM
gij
Loyal Fan

I dunno, I think Australia has a chance. All the super 12 teams have good players, just not all on one team. Whereas the All Blacks last year were taken almost solely from the Crusaders, I think. But I figure, you get Georgie Gregan and put him on a team with Mat Rogers and Tuqiri, dude, like you could really lose???

New Zealand also has a good shot. Like I decided after the Brumbies vs Blues game, God is a kiwi.

gij
Old 05-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Total Fan

Australia has the home ground distraction and almost everyone are expecting to win. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And the whole world has caught up to them. Unless they have new creative moves, they'll just be another average team.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:27 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

The Brumbies have some pretty sweet moves, you gotta admit.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by poohead:
<STRONG>Australia has the home ground distraction and almost everyone are expecting to win. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And the whole world has caught up to them. Unless they have new creative moves, they'll just be another average team.</STRONG>
You'd like to think playing at home would be an advantage and usually the Wallabies are great in high pressure situations but during the world cup they will be under a type of pressure they have never experienced before, which as you said reverses the homeground advantage which of course is a shame cos I would like nothing better than for them to win the world cup at home.

I'm looking forward to the Irish game which is only just over a week away to see what style of game they are playing, maybe all these injuries will be be a good thing, we may get to see a lot of the younger players. Too bad Brian O'Driscol and Keith Wood are out (I think) though it still should be an interesting game.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

Is O'Gara playing for the Irish? That fly-half dude?

Irish/Wallabies game. Opinions?

I read in the papers today that the South Africa are talking a no alcohol, no mobile, no girlfriend/wives stance towards the World Cup. Do you believe that is the best thing?

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 AM
gij
Loyal Fan

poohead what did you think of the game tonight, considering you think australia won't do well over all?

I quite liked it, myself.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gij:
<STRONG>poohead what did you think of the game tonight, considering you think australia won't do well over all?

I quite liked it, myself.</STRONG>
It was an ok game. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Both teams had injuries and ehm yeah... I'm trying to think of positives of the game... extremely difficult as I'm in a pissy mood.

I'm happy that Gregan scored two tries. I believe he should run with the ball more often.

It was a good game.

Game against Wales should be interesting. Channel 7 is also showing the England and All Blacks match afterwards. Good rugby next week.

Old 06-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Just had to stop by and say that I will be at the rugby next Saturday night. I'm going to the Australia game. Going to be so cold though.

And who is going to win the world cup?? Australia!!

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 06-09-2003, 04:36 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by foreva_99:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Just had to stop by and say that I will be at the rugby next Saturday night. I'm going to the Australia game. Going to be so cold though.

And who is going to win the world cup?? Australia!!</STRONG>

Have fun at the footy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be too busy celebrating my 18th b'day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] About time too. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Closed Thread   Post New Thread