Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I think Verity was saying on the other board they might be able to get an exemption, but I'm not sure if they'll decide to or not. It might be good for them to take a break and do a couple of shows.. or just rest. (I'm hoping for some shows/interviews/something though!) I'm sure they'll keep in touch no matter what they do, they do tons of activities and hang out together as we know
Old 12-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think they said in an earlier article that they were definitly planning on doing Worlds even if Nationals didn't work out. And the article didn't really say they would be out for the whole season, so I guess we'll just see. Thats kind of a bummer though, we had just gotten all exited for Nationals But I'm sure they know whats best for them.

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 12-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Fan

That would be awesome if they did Worlds! and i know, it didn't say for the whole season, so there's still hope.

But I kind of love how protective Scott is being of Tessa, and Tessa must be communicating really well and not having to put on a "brave face" for Scott; they know what's best for them right now. I'm sure they'll be ready for World's..
Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haha I have to admit I'm very interested to see how some of the facebookers will react I guess you got your facebook back Liz?

NGL, on a selfish level it is a little dissapointing, mostly because it seems like they've been hinting that Nats is a bigger possibility lately. I was really looking forward to seeing their FD I wander if they will recycle this years FD for next year if they end up taking the whole season off.

icon by LovelyLaura

Last edited by channingco92; 12-22-2010 at 02:39 PM
Old 12-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol yeah, Chandler I have FB back.. School's done..

Yeah the FB's reactions are going to be funny, lol. That's mean of me to say though
Old 12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

To be quite honest, I'm not believing anything until I see it. Reason being, throughout the whole past season we've been told one thing when the reality of the situation is another. For me, it's best at this point to just sit back and let it unfold.
For example:
- we were told T would be back on the ice Jan. She was back a month before
- we were told (in the Olympic season) she wasn't in pain. She was
- now we are told they may compete at Nats. All of a sudden they're not

If I've learnt anything from this past season it's to take what they say with a grain of salt. Not reflecting negatively on their characters or personalities. It's the nature of the sport and I do accept that plans change. Hence, for me it's a waiting game. I will not believe they won't be at Nats until an official statement comes out or they are absent from the starting list.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Reve,
Old 12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh I am smiling! But it's only because everyone just immediately jumps on the bandwagon if news is released they aren't competing. Sure, there are reasons to but still, hasn't all our discussion over the off-season alerted people to the fact that you can't trust everything you read (or see for that matter).
Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I so like the way you think Reve The other thing is, (and I don't want to get my hopes up again, BUT) the article just said that Igor, was like, heard to have said that they might not be at Nationals. It doesn't say when he was quoted saying this, and we don't know the context. It's very vague. I guess we'll just have to see

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
I so like the way you think Reve The other thing is, (and I don't want to get my hopes up again, BUT) the article just said that Igor, was like, heard to have said that they might not be at Nationals. It doesn't say when he was quoted saying this, and we don't know the context. It's very vague. I guess we'll just have to see
Quite true, and how much of the article was lost in translation?
Anyway, I don't think it's getting hopes up as much as being realistic and actually following through on perceptions of the media. I mean, a lot of discussion was put into what people jumped at believing in the media, and now everyone's just going to ignore practicing what they preach?
T&S' recent statement contradicts what Igor said, so we'll see.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Addicted Fan

:p Well i hope so.. and I hope Tessa is feeling 100% or close to it
Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought it was interesting that some people think TS have been hinting that Nats isn't going to happen - to me its been just the opposite. In every interview they've said they hope to be there, and they've said the same thing in facebook messages to fans. A recent article said that they were planning on going to Nats, and if not Nats, then definitely Worlds. Scott has said that they've been on the ice training (a month earlier than planned, which makes me think that the surgery has gone very well). I interpreted this as they expected to compete, but didn't want to set anything in stone, just in case. So while its definitely possible that they will wait out Nationals, I don't think that this one article means that FOR SURE they won't be there, especially when we examine the broader context of everything else that has happened recently.

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you girls, let's just wait and see

On a total OT, I'm super excited cause I'm going to Vancouver next week and when I found out, my mind immediately went to TS at the Olys

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 12-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Lizy, you're coming to Vancouver? That's so cool! You'll enjoy it a lot.. how come you're coming down here?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_all_da_way (View Post)
Lizy, you're coming to Vancouver? That's so cool! You'll enjoy it a lot.. how come you're coming down here?
Yep, I'm just going with my parents for a mini vacation...we're spending New Year's there

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread