Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Addicted Fan

I know right?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Macleans article was a huge eye-opener, I mean I'd already read some things about their 08/09 rough patch online from people who'd read the book, but to hear these words from TS themselves just touches you in a completely different way.

Quote:
TV: I think everything we do, whether in front of a camera or not, is genuine. What we do on ice is keep the mystery alive, but when we’re off the ice, when we’re doing interviews, that’s who we really are.
This is just . The genuine-ness has always been there, it's so natural and it's a great thing to know that that's who they really are, that they're not putting up an "image" and "acting" all the time. Of course they're aware of when the cameras are on them, but they're still the two down-to-earth, nice people who love to skate with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_all_da_way (View Post)
Besides, the rough patch was really out of love and concern; as we've seen in the MacLean's article and book. They still loved each other, but just couldn't communicate. Now they know how.
Exactly. Looking back, it'll have been a growing experience for them, as they now know how to deal with that and I love that Tessa mentioned in another interview that they talk every day now.

Love this pic!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

I love that pic too!!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That pic is very sweet

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy Birthday Lizy!! Hope you have a fantastic day!

I was thinking that the way they described their relationship prior to the book and these interviews was a little too picture perfect. I mean they are human and I'm not surprised they both didn't know how to react to their situation a few years ago. I'm glad that has changed but I am so thankful that they haven't told the world absolutely every single minute detail about their lives. It's just interesting that they are more open now. They definitely sound more comfortable and confident in who they are as people as opposed to a few months ago.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Happy early birthday Lizy!

I agree Amelia, the relationship they projected before did was very idealistic, I remember an article somewhere where they said they couldn't remember ever arguing before. I remember thinking that didn't seem very realistic

But its so good to hear they've learned from their mistakes and that they won't take their relationship for granted again

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
I was thinking that the way they described their relationship prior to the book and these interviews was a little too picture perfect. I mean they are human and I'm not surprised they both didn't know how to react to their situation a few years ago. I'm glad that has changed but I am so thankful that they haven't told the world absolutely every single minute detail about their lives. It's just interesting that they are more open now. They definitely sound more comfortable and confident in who they are as people as opposed to a few months ago.
Yep. I agree - about everything.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
Happy Birthday Lizy!! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Amelia and Chandler!

ICA Amelia

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

They definitely learned from it and that's the important thing.

Happy Birthday, Lizy! I hope it's a good one bb.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Another pic from their book signing at the Roots store:

Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

For some reason that jacket and I still aren't warming to each other. I am so going to sound like my Mum but where is the rest of it?

That being said, I didn't realise they were BOOK books. I thought it would just be like a paperback flimsy little thing. How wrong was I. Oh well, about 2 more months until I get mine
Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the jacket either. But Tessa always looks beautiful.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I'm not digging it much either but she looks amazing as always.

I just love the stack of books that's sitting in front of them - there's not many people in their early 20s who can say they've had a book written about them. Not some teenybopper little unauthorized biography, but a LEGIT book detailing their entire journey thus far in their lives! It's so inspiring.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Everyone see the Rippon/Chan collision?
Lucky Adam is so flexible!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Happy Birthday Lizy!!

I was lurking on facebook (which I do from time to time now), and apparently on the FB fansite, Emily said that Scott said they would "probably go" to Nationals- I'm thinking he was just saying that though and they aren't, right?

I've already decided I'm not going to go anymore- it's expensive and we're moving that month etc.

I just don't think it's realistic- Tessa isn't even back on the ice yet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread