Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

CTV has the whole interview posted at their Canada AM website (probably geoblocked, though):
Canada AM - Canada's Most Watched National Morning News Program
Old 11-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yup I can't see it Hopefully it will get put on youtube eventually.

Quote:
Jelousy is a good explanation, Chandler, did he say who he thinks has a better technique?

I think M&C sometimes are just too fast. They have to perform their spins and steps at such a high speed, that it's only natural mistakes can happen. T&S are fast too, but they are much more precise in their elements.
He didn't seem to like anything about TS, so I assume he likes Marlie's tequniques better. I agree, I like Charlie and Meryl's speed and in their dancing, but at the same time it feels a little less like "dancing" per say - TS seem a little more traditional in their dancing. But idk, its probably just a matter of preferance. Scott always looks more in control of his twizzles than Charlie, but then he messes them up more than Charlie does. I think its just a difference in style

LOVE your new video Katie!!

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Whereas I have always thought that Charlie looks more in control of his twizzles. Scott and a few other male ice dancers don't have the pressure on the changing edge most of the time and they appear to go around their centre of gravity instead of using it to propel them around. Watching Tessa do her twizzles and Scott do his, there is a major difference and it is all to do with Scott's placement of weight. Sorry for that ramble
Old 11-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
Whereas I have always thought that Charlie looks more in control of his twizzles. Scott and a few other male ice dancers don't have the pressure on the changing edge most of the time and they appear to go around their centre of gravity instead of using it to propel them around. Watching Tessa do her twizzles and Scott do his, there is a major difference and it is all to do with Scott's placement of weight. Sorry for that ramble
Not a ramble at all, Amelia, thanks for explaining. I've often wondered why Tessa's twizzles seem a bit more solid than Scott's (even at the 2009 Worlds, when she was in pain).
Meryl and Charlie's twizzles are faster, I think, and the overall sensation they give is one of great power, which is really impressive. But even in their new FD (which I like a lot, btw), their movements look somehow rough and rushed, especially in the second part of the program, when the music grows faster. With Tessa and Scott, smoothness and elegance seem as natural as breathing. I could spend hours watching their feet move through the step sequences.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Cute Santa pics

Quote:
That is really interesting - I love hearing about all the technichal aspects of Ice Dancing. I wander why Scott tends to have trouble with his twizzles

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Chandler, where did you get those from? Do you know what year?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I got them from the facebook page, but someone there said that they were on the Arctic Edge site. I don't know what year, but I'd guess a while ago, because Scott looks pretty young

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

He does look quite young. I'm guessing 08 ish?

On the Arctic Edge facebook page they have put up some new photos. I would sure love to go to work and get my own carparking spot with my name and the fact that I am an Olympian on the sign so that nobody else could park in it!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ahh has this been posted yet!? Seeing them practice without skates is sort of fascinating for some reason

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that. I love seeing the videos of them practicing off the ice.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
Ahh has this been posted yet!? Seeing them practice without skates is sort of fascinating for some reason

Ooh, thanks! I love watching them practice off-ice. Er, and on ice. I have a thing about practices, it seems, LOL.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
I saw that Liz! Any chance of getting the video on YT or somewhere we could watch it? Thanks for sharing!

A other video from Skate Canada

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }

Last edited by Titenoee; 11-01-2010 at 07:12 PM
Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
I think he was talking about 2008 skate canada, not GPF - sorry I should have clarified. he had a very long winded explamation for how he thought it all boiled down to TS getting Olympic Gold. But whatever, he just jealous because hes a failure singles skater thats stuck fitting gross old skates on other peoples feet. so there.
it would seem that way. because T&S didn't even compete at 2008 Skate Canada. It was Vanessa & Paul who came a distant 2nd to M&C at 08 SC.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
it would seem that way. because T&S didn't even compete at 2008 Skate Canada. It was Vanessa & Paul who came a distant 2nd to M&C at 08 SC.
Yeah, he said that SC 2008 gave them an excuse to give TS more points later, at the Olympics and stuff, and no one would say they were favouring their own skaters.. doesn't make much sense looking back, and he didn't mention that TS hadn't competed at all during 2008 SC, so idk. He actually was pretty nice though, I think he was just teasing to get on my nerves part of the time.

Thanks for the vids Titenoee!!

icon by LovelyLaura

Last edited by channingco92; 11-01-2010 at 09:53 PM
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

I love that we are getting all of these new T&S interviews!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread