Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Pure Perfection {V&M} #8 Because "you can't replace Tessa no matter how hard you try"

Supporters:
1. AmericanDirrty (October 4th)
2. beautytina (March 21st)
3. tsforever (November 3rd)
4. gg_all_da_way (June 23rd)
5. moncoeur (May 7th)
6. yellow_carrot
7. Oh-Canada (December 20th)
8. channingco92 (October 26th)
9. LoveActually
10. Dingbat (June 14th)
11. fs_ts
12. guinny54 (August 28th)
13. virtuous (August 10th)
14. Ciluette (November 10th)
15. CoreyDory (August 17th)
16. PaperGirl
17. Hackysack
18. CarrieAnne
19. dida82
20. Titenoee
21. Avocagirl
22. variationlunge
23. LeahMaria
24. Love_Canada
25. Miss Fate

MOMENTS

Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT! I love the title!

Quote:
Oh Chandler, it does get better. I can't believe you had the courage to try twizzles, that is very brave of you! I only tried once I had done a few months
Quote:
Chandler you try twizzle at you first skating experience ?? You're courageous
*try* yes, but I didn't get anywhere near a full rotation And I just about broke my face in the attempt.

Quote:
That person did have a point though. T&S do look like they are struggling in their lifts, maybe they aren't but Scott's facial expressions tell us a different story
Well I still don't like him He also said that MC were allowed to win SC so that they (SC) wouldn't be looked down upon for giving TS a gold medal at the Olympics. Which I thought later didn't make much sense, because aren't the judges at those events from lots of countries, not just Canada? Oh well. Haha, he actually was pretty nice, just a phycho I guess.

ETA: Jessica wrote on Scott's facebook. And exiting new discovery - if you click on their "see friendship" button, you will get to see Scott's past attempts at speaking French

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT Amelia!!
Love the title
Old 10-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!

Awesome discovery Chandler! Can somebody translate all that? I never knew the Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA was an inside joke w/ Jess. And I was laughing at Charlie's "I wish there was a dislike button" comment on one of the posts!

ETA here's my new video. Not thrilled about the quality, but the details of that rant can be seen in the video info!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I never knew the Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA was an inside joke w/ Jess. And I was laughing at Charlie's "I wish there was a dislike button" comment on one of the posts!
It's also listed as his "favorite quote" And yeah, Charlie's comment made me laugh too

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

That comment by Charlie was so funny.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for opening, Amelia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
Awesome discovery Chandler! Can somebody translate all that? I never knew the Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA was an inside joke w/ Jess. And I was laughing at Charlie's "I wish there was a dislike button" comment on one of the posts!
I'm pretty sure Ha HAAAA is a bit older than that, and is a joke with his friends in Ilderton (See 6:24)

But yeah, I enjoyed Charlie's comment as well . Actually, I enjoy most comments Charlie makes--the dude's kind of hilarious.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)

Well I still don't like him He also said that MC were allowed to win SC so that they (SC) wouldn't be looked down upon for giving TS a gold medal at the Olympics. Which I thought later didn't make much sense, because aren't the judges at those events from lots of countries, not just Canada? Oh well. Haha, he actually was pretty nice, just a phycho I guess.
Ummm M&C won Skate Canada in 2008 when Tessa was injured. Otherwise Tessa & Scott would've easily won.

This guy was probably talking about The 2009 GPF, which was 1 of only 2 times that M&C have beaten T&S at the elite level (the other was 2009 4CC, when Tessa was clearly in a lot of pain and they made multiple mistakes). The GPF was in KOREA not CANADA, and like all GP events had judges from every major skating country. At that competition, T&S lost the OD but won the FD. But because they were too far behind after the OD they were placed 2nd overall. Once they improved their OD (which was like 10 times better at Olys than during the GP season), they were clearly in first place.

This guy needs to get his facts straight
Even M&C fans agree that T&S have better skating skills. Anyone with eyes can see that. LMAOOOO. M&C are known for a lack of precision.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
M&C won Skate Canada in 2008 when Tessa was injured. Otherwise Tessa & Scott would've easily won.
I think he was talking about 2008 skate canada, not GPF - sorry I should have clarified. he had a very long winded explamation for how he thought it all boiled down to TS getting Olympic Gold. But whatever, he just jealous because hes a failure singles skater thats stuck fitting gross old skates on other peoples feet. so there.

Quote:
ven M&C fans agree that T&S have better skating skills. Anyone with eyes can see that. LMAOOOO. M&C are known for a lack of precision.
Thats what I thought! Compare their lifts and spins sure, but as far as footwork and chemistry are concearned, I don't think theres much competition

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa, Erin, it would have taken me hours to do research on all that facts

Jelousy is a good explanation, Chandler, did he say who he thinks has a better technique?

I think M&C sometimes are just too fast. They have to perform their spins and steps at such a high speed, that it's only natural mistakes can happen. T&S are fast too, but they are much more precise in their elements.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Posted a recap of the CTV interview aired this morning, and a cute new article (especially the last paragraph) on the "Couples" thread
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tessa and Scott Inspire..thanks to titeno6 for this history of Canadian ice dance...sweet comment by Christopher Dean about V&M!Tessa and Scott speak of their collaboration on their book.
YouTube - Tessa and Scott inspire
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_all_da_way (View Post)
Posted a recap of the CTV interview aired this morning, and a cute new article (especially the last paragraph) on the "Couples" thread
I saw that Liz! Any chance of getting the video on YT or somewhere we could watch it? Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Sorry I didn't record it and don't know how to... hopefully someone posts it though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread