Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Chandler, I hear ya. I feel like I've been stalking the boards for the last three days because I have nothing else to do. After shoveling my sidewalk, I decided I need a snowblower. In Oklahoma. Although if I had to shovel more often I would never have to work out.

I still am hesitant to believe we are actually going to see Tessa and Scott compete. I'm hopeful, but probably won't believe it til I see it. And without seeing them on the competitive circuit this season, I have no idea how everyone will place. I know I've been saying this everywhere, but I think the Shibs are going to be a serious threat to both Tessa & Scott and Meryl & Charlie, and sooner rather than later. Emily Samuelson said they're the hardest working team in Canton. I know it all comes down to the skates on the day of, but at Skate America CP were 2nd, Shibs 3rd, and WP 4th, but CP and WP were pretty close at Canadians. Also, the Shibs received all level 4s on the FD at Nats. I haven't heard (haven't really looked to see) if CP have achieved that this season...I'm curious to hear other peoples thoughts!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you Katie, about the Shibs. They're definitely a threat to TS and MC...maybe not as much this year, but definitely very very soon, maybe even next year...it seems kinda like TS going from 5th place in 07 to 2nd in 08 at Worlds...I feel like it'll be one of those things. I think All of these teams will be really close for the next few years, so the competition will probably be extremely intense. I'm actually shocked with how amazing the Shibs are (in a good way) and I can't wait to see how TS place amongst everyone. I honestly think that for now, Marlie are still their main competition (this year, anyway).

And I know what you girls mean about the snow. I'm in Jersey and we've been getting snow and ice since the end of December, like non stop. We've already had 5 snow days and some days cut from spring break because of it ()...it's getting to the point where it's super annoying...

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
Chandler, I hear ya. I feel like I've been stalking the boards for the last three days because I have nothing else to do. After shoveling my sidewalk, I decided I need a snowblower. In Oklahoma. Although if I had to shovel more often I would never have to work out.
Indeed- and school is cacelled for tomorrow as well. I would enjoy this more if leaving the house was possible

Lol the Shibs are making me a little nervous tbh. I love them and their skating and they obviously have worked hard and deserve all the success they can get, but selfishly I wish that TS can stay on top, at least until Sochi if they compete for that long :/

Katie Do you have the article where Emily says they are the hardest working team?

Quote:
Hmm, placement should definitely be interesting...they obviously want to win, so I'm guessing aim for 4CC is definitely top 3 and the fight for Worlds will be quite intense, imo...
Definitely agreed on that one

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
Lol the Shibs are making me a little nervous tbh. I love them and their skating and they obviously have worked hard and deserve all the success they can get, but selfishly I wish that TS can stay on top, at least until Sochi if they compete for that long :/
This I am right there with ya

Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was from the icenetwork coverage. I just checked and that was not her exact quote. Her exact quote was, "They are two of the hardest workers I know, they're the first ones to the rink every morning. They train so hard."

I might compile a video of all the things from icenetwork I keep talking about. It will be kind of ghetto, a video of the coverage from my computer, but I feel like it needs to be shared. They also showed an interesting shot of Meryl and Charlie in deep thought (perhaps prayer?) prior to taking the ice. And hopefully I can capture Meryl's little tango kick during the awards ceremony.

Just as a side note, I could not stand Chock/Zuerlein's FD music!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes Katie please do!! I'd love to see it

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterLiz88 (View Post)
Yes Katie please do!! I'd love to see it
OK, I'm officially working on my highlights reel!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Looking forward to seeing it! Will it take you a few days? I don't know how long videos take to do; I could never make one

Icon by Aly.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
Just as a side note, I could not stand Chock/Zuerlein's FD music!
Omg same!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterLiz88 (View Post)
Looking forward to seeing it! Will it take you a few days? I don't know how long videos take to do; I could never make one
It's almost done, but I just threw it together. I'm having trouble getting the "signed in blood" quote but once I have it, I just need to put it on youtube.

ETA AAAahhh I caught another mistake. The Shibs and MC both got level 4s on the SD...I don't know about the free dance!

Last edited by LoveActually; 02-03-2011 at 09:46 PM
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

The "signed in blood" comment sounds funny!

Icon by Aly.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK here's the link, it may be processing for awhile!

ETA Crap, have to fix something! Will re-post.

Last edited by LoveActually; 02-03-2011 at 10:37 PM
Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok!

Icon by Aly.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Chock and Zuerlein - say no more!

You are so lucky getting cold weather there! I am very jealous, and coming from one continent to another, we went through a 50 degree temperature change!

I am honestly quite amazed how the Shibs have gone this season. I wasn't expecting them to step up to the plate like they have. I am really impressed with what they have given us this season. I think they will be real contenders for Sochi.

I have to go with Katie. I won't believe that T&S will be there until I see them step out onto the ice for their program.
It is interesting that one of the journalists said that if T&S win 4CC they will win Worlds. As much as I want them to stay on top of the podium for a 20 year run, I have to be inclined to believe that Meryl and Charlie kind of deserve it after all the work they have put in this year. I am just looking forward to seeing some fantastic competition
Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ha! Amelia, I knew you'd warm up to the Shibs

As far as TS go, I still want them to win.. (I just can't quite warm up to Marlie, I don't know why. They're still fantastic, though).

Icon by Aly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread