Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Total Fan

My 2 Cents on RAW:

- Big Show looks so weird without facial hair…

- I know I wanted the Bray/Finn feud to continue, but I would rather Finn get in the IC title picture instead… unless the continuation of this feud leads to a full-time unbeatable Demon King.

Glad Jeff Hardy won, though. Should be interesting. Maybe we'll eventually get Jeff vs Finn for the IC title?

- Not a huge Enzo fan, but I think he’s going to be good for 205 Live. The Cruiserweight Division still needs more “personalities” though.

- Wow. Brock has been showing up regularly lately. How long is this going to last?

- Emma vs Micky is a Hashtag match? Interesting new stipulation...

With Emma going on about starting the Women’s Revolution, is Paige going to come back and dispute her claim? She was supposed to return at some point.

- Wow, Cena scoured social media to get material for his promo, then added a dash of backstage truth.

- I’m a bit disappointed that Gallows and Anderson didn’t say “We’re here to… BEAT UP JOHN CENA!”

- Oh geez! They’re bringing out Southpaw Regional Wrestling characters? Oh well, Heath Slater needed something to do today. He's got kids and all...

- What is the point of Sasha winning the title on the PPVs, then losing it on RAW every single time? Can't the poor woman just keep the title for once?
Old 08-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jeff winning was something fresh, I was hoping for Finn but oh well.
Ambrose and Rollins my boys. They need to finish this feud with Sheamus and Cesar at No Mercy and move them on to someone else.
Cena, Cena, Cena I love you. So embarrassed Reigns last night on the mic. Reigns even forgot his lines 😂
Old 08-29-2017, 01:11 PM
MST Manager

Belated thanks for the tweet.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:44 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't think Reigns was embarrassed too much or it looked like he was hiding it. He did call Cena a ''part-time fake ass bitch'', which shocked me, since this I think RAW is still rated ''TV-PG'', but it wasn't censored. I did like that Cena & Reigns did work together in their match without Reigns predictably leaving Cena to fight by himself. Though it's arguably silly that Cena & Reigns were tag partners to begin after what they said to each other earlier on the show.

I agree about not seeing the point in Sasha Banks losing the Women's belt again right after her first match defending it. If the WWE is trying to have their Fan Favorite divas on RAW look terrible though then they are doing a great job.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't watching Raw last night but I did track it on twitter. The promo between Roman Reigns and John Cena was pre planned. They got approval of what was going to be said before.

As for Sasha I just don't get it. She has never successfully defended the title as champion before. Two years ago on the Raw after Summerslam everyone was chanting we want Sasha and since then it would appear they have ruined her character.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 08-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I wasn't watching Raw last night but I did track it on twitter. The promo between Roman Reigns and John Cena was pre planned. They got approval of what was going to be said before.
I figured as much, but I don't know if Cena's "you have to learn how to cut a promo" was planned. Roman did forget his lines there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
As for Sasha I just don't get it. She has never successfully defended the title as champion before. Two years ago on the Raw after Summerslam everyone was chanting we want Sasha and since then it would appear they have ruined her character.
It seems WWE has no clue what to do with their female NXT stars once they hit the main roster. Look at what happened to Emma and Bayley.

I fear for Asuka when she eventually shows up...

My 2 Cents on SMACKDOWN and 205 LIVE:

- Why must Randy and Nakamura fight for a championship chance? Randy has had the title enough times already. He doesn’t need another shot at it.

- I can’t quite figure out what the point was of bringing in Maria Kanellis and her husband. Were they supposed to be big stars on Smackdown?

- So now that Dolph has insulted Finn Balor, can Finn be moved to Smackdown already?

- Lana needs to manage more women and start a stable.

- Yay, Season 2 of the Fashion Files with a nice ‘80s-esque intro.

- Randy just RKO’d poor Shinsuke. I saw it coming… but still! Curse you, Orton!

205 LIVE:

- Cruiserweights in a street fight? To the point where one actually gets busted open? That’s… weird, considering Enzo’s current storyline is that he can’t wrestle like the cruiserweights.

Having said that, I’m hoping Enzo starts wrestling like a cruiserweight and surprises us all…
Old 09-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ric Flair is doing much better. He posted a short video on twitter and it was great to see.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Total Fan

Here's the tweet:

Old 09-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing that. Rich is tough, so glad he is alright.
Can't wait for Raw tonight, see what happens
Old 09-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Total Fan

My 2 Cents on RAW:

- I remember Cena’s debut, and I also remember thinking he reminded me of Marky Mark (Mark Wahlberg) even before he started his rap gimmick.

- Big Show vs Braun Strowman in a steel cage match for the main event? That’s… random.

- At least Enzo is getting a reaction from the audience for the cruiserweights. I’d love to see him go head-to-head on the mic with Brian Kendrick on 205 Live.

- Sasha yelling in Alexa’s face was a bit too real. I’ve heard that these two legit dislike each other.

- The Bray/Finn thing was a bit confusing. I think Bray implied that Finn can’t beat him without his demon persona, thus making a demon-free match for No Mercy - despite the fact that Bray is the one who wanted to bring out 'the demon' in the first place… but okay?

I was really hoping for more when WWE decided to continue this feud. Like maybe Bray was trying to mess with Finn in order to turn him fully into the demon or some such thing... but alas, this is what we get instead.

- Braun Strowman: I don’t see Kurt Angle putting Brock Lesnar in a cage match!
Me: Only because Lesnar won’t wrestle a one-on-one match that lasts more than five minutes. Especially on free TV.

-So WWE is officially calling Sheamus and Cesaro “The Bar”. They should have just called them “Shesaro”.

On a side note: Can WWE turn Gallows and Anderson face so they can reunite with Finn Balor to feud with Miz and the Miztourage? Miz/Balor could have a good rivalry for the IC title, and RAW isn't doing much with Gallows and Anderson or The Miztourage.

- What happened to Akira Tozawa and Titus Worldwide?

- I’m not a fan of “Big Man” matches, and even less so when there is no feud or storyline leading into it (ie: a big man match just for the sake of having a big man match). Having said that, I do give credit to Strowman and Show for working their butts off.

I only wish the cage spot had been more flashy to make it all worthwhile – like the whole side of the cage should have gone down rather than just one section. Oh well.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Vince , due to Shane attackimg kevin Owens on SMACKDOWN , will be on TV next week . Vince told Daniel Bryan to suspend Shane . Carmella told James Ellsworth to get away and then kissed him and then slapped him

Old 09-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be interesting to see what Vince has to say next week.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Total Fan

My 2 Cents on SMACKDOWN and 205 LIVE:

- Corey Graves taking over SD commentary from JBL makes me happier than it should.

- While the Shane/KO promo was short and sweet (in comparison to the promos on RAW), I’m always uncomfortable when WWE plays the “you should have died/wish you were dead/etc” card.

I wonder how long Shane’s “suspension” is going to last? Probably only until Hell in a Cell -- in which he and KO will be the ones in the Cell. Shane McMahon/Kevin Owens may end up being this generation’s Vince McMahon/Stone Cold Steve Austin.

- Kevin: I’m going to take WWE down
Me: but then you’d be out of a job…

- What is with SD and the “your family would have been better off without you” attacks this episode? First Kevin, and now Carmella. Are the writers working out some personal issues tonight?

- So Dolph Ziggler’s new gimmick is… Impressionist Dolph Ziggler? He should have come out as Shawn Michaels. I mean, he already stole Shawn’s look and finisher, so why not his entrance theme too?

On a side note: I was hoping Naomi would come out when Dolph was doing her entrance and kick his butt.

- How/Why is Aiden English actually winning matches now?

- AJ Styles vs Tye Dillinger better not be interrupted by Baron Corbin. I want to see these two actually have a proper match please, WWE.

- Ahhhgghhh…. I just saw Carmella kiss Ellsworth on my TV, and now I will never be able to UNsee it! Cass, come take your girl home. I don’t think she’s feeling very well…

- Thank goodness Shinsuke Nakamura won the title shot! Randy’s days as champ have passed. Time to let someone else get a shot.

- Vince is coming to Smackdown next week? Is someone …. FIIIRRREEEDDD?!

205 Live:

- What is up with the cheap backstage promos tonight? First on SD, now on 205 live. Were all the interviewers off today?

- Rich Swan wins “most creative way to join the announce table”…

- It’s weird to hear the commentators refer to Kurt Angle as the GM of 205 live when 1) the show is after SD, and 2) Kurt is never actually there.

- Akira Tozawa wrestles, but there’s no Titus Worldwide in his corner? Did WWE just drop that?

- Wow, the cruiserweights actually got a “this is awesome” chant? I’m so glad!

- Is Enzo turning heel? I would have booed him after his pin on Cedric Alexander.

For anyone who’s seen Enzo’s earlier work, can he actually wrestle Cruiserweight style? Because I’d love it if he suddenly surprises everyone with some high-flying action. Otherwise… Enzo vs Neville will be a big letdown.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to see what Mr.McMahon has to say on SDLive Tuesday.
Corbin better not interfere in the AJ vs Dillinger match. But you know he will. Ruins things
Old 09-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Can't wait to see what Mr.McMahon has to say on SDLive Tuesday.
Corbin better not interfere in the AJ vs Dillinger match. But you know he will. Ruins things
My prediction is that Mr. McMahon is either 1) going to put someone else in the commissioner's position on SD (though hopefully keep Daniel Bryan as GM), or 2) reassign Shane as a wrestler, thus creating the actual HitC match at the PPV.

On a side note: I'm still waiting for WWE to follow through on giving SD someone new since they gave Cena to RAW.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread