Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Raw was great last night. The whole drama with Seth and Dean was played out perfectly. Them talking about getting back together and then fighting and finally putting their fists together was perfect. The crows reaction was great and even my mom who isn't a fan of either was yelling at them to kiss and make up. She even tweet at Renee Young.

I'm excited to see Finn Balor as the Demon again as well.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 08-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Total Fan

My 2 Cents on SMACKDOWN and 205 LIVE:

SMACKDOWN LIVE:

· The crowd better not be chanting “USA” during the Shinsuke/Jinder match at SummerSlam, because that would be disrespecting BOTH guys, not just Jinder.

· So Lana is going to be Tamina’s manager now? Well, that’s better than watching Lana wrestle and lose every week.

· I know the Usos are supposed to be heels, but they’re too entertaining.

· I think Xavier Woods and I would be good friends. We both make random Game of Thrones references .

· Fashion Peaks finale? Nooooo… surely there’s some other cop/FBI/Detective show they can parody? “Fashion Scene Investigation”? We still never found out who trashed the office.

Why are we being denied Breezango for two weeks?

· Did they really have Baron Corbin waste his Money in the Bank chance just to further his feud with Cena? I’m not really a fan of Corbin, but that was bad.

Oh well - at least he’s not going to steal the title if (when?) Nakamura wins it at SummerSlam.

205 LIVE:

· Gran Metalik is fun to watch in the ring

· Is Brian Kendrick’s new gimmick ranting unintelligibly?

· Neville’s hair makes him look a bit psychotic when it’s not soaking wet.

· I hope Akira Tozawa gets to keep the Cruiserweight title for a nice long time.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:25 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Americans are going to chant ''U.S.A.'' at wrestling events almost no matter what & there doesn't have to be an ''American'' in the match even as a long time ago at WrestlemMania IX ''U.S.A.'' was chanted during a match between Bret Hart & Yokozuna. Of course neither of those are from America & Bobby Heenan pointed it out rightfully. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

That title match that Baron Corbin had vs. Mahal yesterday was ridiculous. It lasted less than 10 seconds. Why even have the match? Aren't title matches suppose to mean something? Ugh. Even John lasted longer in 2006 in I'd say worse circumstances when Edge beat him. That was at least after an Elimination Chamber match. This Corbin guy was rested while Mahal had just wrestled & he still lost very quickly. Disappointing. He did though still have a match scheduled vs. Cena at Summerslam which brings up why have him cash his title shot in to begin with yesterday?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe they had Baron Corbin cash in his MITB and lose. I kept thinking before the bell rang that something would happen so it wouldn't count.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Total Fan

Pre-SummerSlam thoughts:

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way):

I'm looking forward to seeing Brock lose the title to whomever it may be at SummerSlam.

Ideally, I’d like Samoa Joe to win (and then maybe Finn can actually try to get the title back, since these two are pretty good in the ring together), but either way - I just want that title off Lesnar. I have no patience for a champion who can't be bothered to show up half the time.

WWE Championship -- Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura:

I know this is a long shot -- but I'd love for Shinsuke Nakamura to win the title off Jinder Mahal.

I don't know if that's going to happen, since it might seem a bit too soon for Nakamura... but it would be great if it did (as long as he doesn't lose it on Smackdown next Tuesday).

Raw Women's Championship -- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha:

It may be time for Sasha to have a nice long title reign (instead of the week-long ones she’s had in the past). Perhaps she can carry the title until Bayley comes back, and start a feud with her over it.

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Naomi (c) vs. Natalya:

Naomi should win, then Carmella should run down to the ring and cash in her Money in the Bank … and Naomi should win THAT match too.

On the other hand, Carmella could just carry that MitB briefcase until Wrestlemania.

Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose:

Rollins/Ambrose could win and get a title reign, until Dean turns on Seth when they lose the titles... OR they just skip the title win altogether and Ambrose turns on Rollins at the end of the match - but I’d rather this storyline have a slow burn.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The New Day (c) vs. The Usos:

These two tag teams are always fun to watch together. The winners will be the audience.

United States Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens:

This is anyone’s guess. Shane will get involved either way. Maybe if we’re lucky, Chris Jericho will grace us with his presence.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Akira Tozawa vs. Neville:

As much as I would love Akira to keep the title, I have a feeling Neville will get brutal and win the title back.

Randy Orton vs. Rusev:

Orton bores me. Rusev deserves a better match than this. If WWE is smart, they’ll make this the first match of the night and get it over with. Hopefully Rusev will win and it’ll be done.

I’m also hoping one day WWE will turn Rusev face and let him be funny (for more of Funny!Rusev, check out Southpaw Regional Wrestling – a parody of an ‘80s wrestling show in which Rusev plays Big Bartholemew. It’s on WWE’s youtube channel).

John Cena vs Baron Corbin:

Corbin will be out for revenge, so I imagine it will be more of a brawl than a match, and Cena will end up “out of commission” by the end of it as an excuse to get him off TV to film his next movie.

"The Demon" Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt:

"The Demon” will most likely win, but I’m hoping that won’t be the end of it.

Bray Wyatt should get a new Wyatt family (perhaps sAnity from NXT, depending on what happens at TAKEOVER), and attack Balor after the match.

If that happens either:
1) The “Woken” Hardys can come down and help him, starting a “Woken” stable (which Finn and the Hardys teased on Twitter earlier) OR 2) Bray attempts to control the “Demon” and the mind games continue (though this may require Balor to be in his “Demon” persona on a more regular basis).

However this match ends, WWE needs new supernatural gimmicks now that Kane and Undertaker are gone. Bray and Balor are the best bet for that.

John Cena vs Baron Corbin:

Corbin is going to want revenge after what happened on Smackdown, so this will be more of a beat-down than a match. Expect Cena to be “horribly injured” to write him off TV so he can work on his new movie.

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage):

I don’t even know what to make of this match. Maybe Enzo will jump out of the shark cage at some point to make it marginally interesting…
Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope they have Seth/Dean win the titles and give them a good run and than have Dean turn on him. Slow burn. Was hoping for the fist pump at SS.
Poor Baron Corbin. Waste of his case 😭
Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM

Which movie is John Cena going to film?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

John Cena is the lead in the up coming Transformers movie Bumblebee spinoff.
Sunday can't wait for Summerslam.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think that they should keep Dean and Seth as a team for awhile and then have Dean turn on Seth. All the fans want them to team up and with the build up between the 2 of them the past month it wouldn't make sense to end too soon. These 2 are my favorite pairing from The Shield and they have amazing chemistry together. Seth said on ESPN be was looking forward to teaming with Dean on Sunday.

As for the rest of the card: I would love Sasha to get a big win at a ppv; she deserves it. I think AJ retains and Nakamura wins the title. I have no clue what will happen with the Universal title. I can see either Orton or Rusev winning not sure which way WWE will go with this one. Baron Corbin should be Cena. I think Finn Balor will win and I could see Natalya winning and Carmella might cash in. As for Big Cass and Big Show: I think Big Cass will win but I'm not that interested in that match. The Smackdown tag team title match could go either way and so can the Cruiserweight.

Also they added the Miztourage vs Jason Jordan & the Hardys.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They are my fav pairing also from The Shield. They have amazing chemistry. Hope they win tonight, AJ retains and hope Brock retains.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Total Fan

SummerSlam thoughts:

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way):

My prediction was off. I was hoping Brock would lose the title, then go away rather than keep the title, and take another 3-month vacation.

There were some great spots on this match, though. Braun going crazy putting Brock through two announcer’s tables, then dumping the last one on him was fun to watch, but it was just an excuse for Brock not to actually be involved in the match, then run-in to win it all. Can we get rid of him already? Let him go back to UFC.

Prediction count: 0-1

WWE Championship
-- Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura:

I was hoping Nakamura would win, even though it was a longshot.

I was expecting more interference from the Singh bros. to cost Shinsuke the match though. They were more of a distraction than anything else.
Hopefully this rivalry continues, and ends in Nakamura winning the title at the next PPV.

Prediction count: 0-2

Raw Women's Championship -- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha:

I was correct about Sasha winning this one. Perhaps she’ll start a feud with Bayley (when she comes back), and we can get some of those NXT-Level matches again.

Prediction count: 1-2

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Naomi (c) vs. Natalya:

This was a great match, and I hope to see more matches of this caliber in the women’s division. I expected Naomi to win and was surprised Natalya won. It was a well-deserved win either way.

Prediction count: 1-3

Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose:

I figured Rollins/Ambrose would win the titles as that makes for a better story. Now they’re stuck as a tag-team, and Dean appeared to be the one to do the heavy lifting in this match. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about that on RAW tonight.

Prediction count: 2-3

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The New Day (c) vs. The Usos:

Dear WWE – stop putting title matches on the pre-show! Why didn’t you put a time-waster like Rusev/Orton here instead?

I had some friends over to Binge-watch The Defenders on Netflix and didn’t catch the pre-show. I do know the results, however. I didn’t really make any predictions on this one (other than "The audience would win"...).

United States Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens:

Alas, no Jericho run-in, but a great match nonetheless. Great moment when Owens yells to Shane “You fall off buildings but couldn’t get up to make the 3-count?”

I didn’t have any predictions for this one either, as it could have gone either way.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Akira Tozawa vs. Neville:

Another pre-show match. WWE, you suck when it comes to booking your cruiserweights! Missed this one too.

I did, however, predict that Neville would win, so I’m still counting it in my predictions.

Prediction count: 3-3

Randy Orton vs. Rusev:

Should have been on the pre-show. It was short and pointless. I was hoping Rusev would win, but I was wrong. Oh well…

Prediction count: 3-4

John Cena vs Baron Corbin
:

I was expecting a complete beat down of Cena in this match to give him an excuse to go off to film his movie. Maybe that will happen on Smackdown.

Prediction count: 3-5

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt:

They added a few extra things to the “Demon” intro, and Finn even did some extra creepy “crawling around the ring” stuff, so that was good.

In general, I liked the match, but was disappointed something didn’t happen afterwards to continue the feud (unless something happens on RAW tonight).

Prediction count: 4-5

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage):

I knew this match would be boring, but I did predict Enzo would jump off the cage to make the match more interesting, so I’m including that in my predictions

Prediction count: 5-5

Jason Jordan/The Hardys vs The Miztourage:

I didn’t realize this was going to be a match until later, and didn’t include it in my original SS thoughts.

This is the type of match that fits on a pre-show, not title matches, so I wasn’t too upset to miss it.

Conclusion: It was an okay card. The matches that stood out the most were the SD women’s match, and the Owen/Styles match.

WWE needs to stop putting title matches on the pre-show, and stop letting Randy Orton beat everyone in waste-of-time matches.

Total Prediction count: 5-5.

I’ll be missing RAW tonight as I’ll be at a concert, but I’ll catch up on it tomorrow. Hopefully something good happens .
Old 08-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Summerslam was an interesting show. The great moments were great and the not so great moments were not so great. Firstly of course I loved Seth & Dean vs Cesaro & Sheamus. It's been great watching Dean and Seth work together again. You can tell how much they enjoy it too. Cesaro destroying the beach ball was an amazing moment. Great to see Dean and Seth as champs, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them tonight on Raw. I definitely loved the SD championship match was amazing. The Usos and New Day have great chemistry and they deserved to be on the main card.

I wasn't expecting so many title changes. I love Sasha winning but seeing that it was supposed to be Bayley in the match I wasn't expecting a title change here. Happy Natalya got the win she definitely deserves a title reign. Cena and Orton winning wasn't something that I was expecting. Not sure what's going on with Rusev and Corbin. Big Show vs Big Cass didn't interest me at all. The match between Kevin owens and AJ Styles was great. I loved when Kevin Owens said Shane falls off all these things yet he couldn't get up after being knocked down. I was gald to see Finn Balor get the win. I was quite shocked to see Jinder Mahal retain. I wasn't expecting that at all. My mouth dropped open when he pinned Nakamura. The main event was a vicious match and I knew when they carried Brock out he'd be back. I wasn't surprised to see Brock retain. They tweeted out Brock would be on Raw so I kinda expected him to win.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:08 PM

Great win by Mahal, but terrible loss by Baron Corbin. His push it seems is over.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that Ambrose and Rollins won, they work so well together. The chemistry they have is amazing. Please WWE do not put Roman with them.
Loved Cesero popping the beach ball. 😂
Main event was great.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4 days if wrestling !! way to much but enjoyed some of it . NXT takeover was a huge hit , Summerslam had its bad matches and some really good top matches .That SS main event was off the charts old school WWE/F crazy ,all it was missing was a bloodbath !!

Sad news for WWE female Dana brooke her boyfriend and well known bodybuilder died early today
from TMZ.com
Quote:
Bodybuilding superstar Dallas McCarver -- aka "Big Country" -- has died after apparently choking on food at his Florida home, TMZ Sports has learned.

We spoke with McCarver's girlfriend, WWE superstar Dana Brooke, who says the 26-year-old was found unconscious just after midnight Tuesday morning by a friend at his home shortly after they spoke on the phone.
McCarver was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports there appears to be no signs of foul play.
Brooke says McCarver told her he was about to make dinner and the last thing he said to her was, "I love you. Goodbye."
Brooke says the cause of death is believed to be choking on food ... and it does not appear McCarver was trying to harm himself
From her instagram

Quote:
ashasebera_danabrooke:So here it goes, I'll try & be short-- aug 22 the lord received another angel, who happens 2 be my LIFE- MY Dallas the one WHO ONLY UNDERSTOOD ME! I can speak on the behalf of his family-- the love and support you all are showing for him & us is OVERWHELMING!! Dallas would always tell me "just keep swimming his little pengutimous (hippo mixed with penguin)" he would tell everyone the same -- just keep swimming, keep moving through life and he will be your angel above!! He had a way with making people laugh!! Dallas was an exceptional body builder, but I didn't see him for that .. I saw him for HIM AND HIS HEART!! He is the best individual I have ever met-- my ying to my yang.. finished my sentences and knew what I was thinking before I'd say it!! We had it all figured out -
Closed Thread   Post New Thread